The addon that "revolutionize the way you fly in Flight Simulator"
home > forum > FsPassengers General

New Topic  |  return to threads list  |  Search  |  Log In  |  Help    Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
A new tip or command for FsPassengers
Author: jeffair9      3 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    02-08-06 18:51

If i make a smooth landing with FsPassengers.
I have a request can you guys make people clap after you made a smooth landing.
That the passengers clap after a beauty smooth landing.\

Greeting's
Jeffrey Ouwens
Quote this message in your reply

Re: A new tip or command for FsPassengers
Author: Drew      5525 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-08-06 18:57

the question is.... do people on everyday flights clap the pilot if he makes a smooth landing?

They are ment to land smoothly, thats there job, making the pax clap for smooth landings would be unrealistic IMO

-------------------------

Author: DBE  Www     4477 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    02-08-06 19:21

Well.... on most flights I've been on lately (mainly charters), the Pax have clapped!

How about having them clap when:

a) experiencing a kiss landing
b) landing safely during "extreme weather conditions"?

Author: Drew      5525 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-08-06 19:24

pax must be getting like wimps these days

i dont clap the baker when he hands me my bread
i dont clap the postman man when he delivers my mail :lol:
there just doing there job....

i think i have heard clapping before somewhere in fsp thou, but maybe wrong??

-------------------------

Author: GeoBauG      67 Posts  Status: Pilot near incorporation    Date    02-08-06 19:28

I've probably flown about 1.5 million miles in my short life, and I've only heard clapping twice. Both times were flying into Las Vegas, and it was
becase the pax were drunk. But hey, if people set their expectations lower these days, that's always a good thing :) Either way, it's an option you
could turn off or on if you're into self-congratulation ;)

G

Author: SaVas  Www     1627 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-08-06 20:08

Ive never been on a flight where people clapped for a smooth landing, and Im sure if they did I would just have to shake my head at them

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hate 2D Panels - VC is the ONLY way to fly!

Air Spruce and Keezaire - Rank: Both C23

FsP ANSWERS:
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq

Author: Dutch64      4695 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    02-08-06 20:08

If pax would clap for my landings I would not trust it, it would sound too ironical ;)

Author: ivo  Www     1551 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-08-06 21:13

I have been on a couple of flight were the pax clapped on landing. It's mostly flight to or from Europe. A little bit more than half the flights I
have been on, the pax have clapped.

Author: Anastasios      1346 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-08-06 21:50

Yeah, experienced it a lot.
Maybe there should be a 'random' feature in FsP.

Escpecially in charter flights it happens a lot.

Tasos.

Author: b-west      4 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    02-08-06 23:56

I think it's largely something from the past, when I was young(er), I remember people clapping all the time after a flight... but hey, I still
remember them clapping in the cinema after the movie :)

Author: Covoxer  Www     464 Posts  Status: Confirmed Astronaut    Date    02-09-06 07:41

Currently in FsP passengers always clap you if you have an emergency and stil managed to make a safe landing.
I find it quite realistic. :top:

John

Author: jboweruk      1641 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-09-06 09:26

Hmm, you been lucky then, I've had emergencies and not once been applauded even though my landings have been safe.

Flying for Landmark Airlines.

Author: Covoxer  Www     464 Posts  Status: Confirmed Astronaut    Date    02-09-06 09:48

Hmm, you been lucky then, I've had emergencies and not once been applauded even though my landings have been safe.

Maybe it has to be not only safe but also "nice" or a "kiss"? :wonder:
I'm not sure about that, but I had a lot of applauds when I was flying for FsP tournament. Every flight was with emergency then.
Now as I fly simple careere (5% failures), I dont get it anymore ;)

John

Author: xhado13      1619 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-09-06 22:36

Shoot the only time ive heard em clap on a flight was when we were flying to El Salvador (real life) after the pilot missed the runway and the weather wasnt even bad.

Author: Dynamo      56 Posts  Status: Pilot near incorporation    Date    02-09-06 23:41

Do they ever do the sarcastic slow clap? How about some jeering when its a poor landing.

(But I feel we can do without clapping etc. as stated above - I have flown quite a lot, never heard anyone clap)

Author: WBHoenig  Www     1824 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-09-06 23:43

On a real flight once, we did hear clapping. Aer Lingus from New York to Shannon, amazing landing after perfect flight :)

--

"Unos, Dos, Tres, Catorce!"

Author: loner001  Www     10 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    02-10-06 21:16

I've only had pax clapping when i've made a emergency landing and landed safely don't like the idea of it everytime you make a nice
landing though

Author: ste9889      432 Posts  Status: Confirmed Astronaut    Date    02-10-06 21:37

ive done a fair bit of travllin in my 16yrs and on most of the flights ive been on the pax have clapped

All The Best
Ste:friend:

Author: RonMac      281 Posts  Status: Student Astronaut    Date    02-11-06 04:27

Do replay. Clapping away great style!

To do is to be..Descartes

To be is to do.. Neitche

Do be do..Do be do..Sinatra

RonMac
Glasgow

Author: Jetsgo      988 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    02-11-06 06:45

Drew wrote:
the question is.... do people on everyday flights clap the pilot if he makes a smooth landing?

They are ment to land smoothly, thats there job, making the pax clap for smooth landings would be unrealistic IMO

Yes, they do! The last four flights I've been on, everyone clapped after a safe landing on Westjet and Air Canada.

2 Pages: 12  return to threads list 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.