The addon that "revolutionize the way you fly in Flight Simulator"
home > forum > FsPassengers customizing

New Topic  |  return to threads list  |  Search  |  Log In  |  Help    Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
How do you disable the -30% penalty for time acceleration
Author: Aj      18 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-24-08 22:08

I like to fly to far distances because you get more money but i always get a penalty. Please tell me an easy way how to disable this penalty
Quote this message in your reply

Re: How do you disable the -30% penalty for time acceleration
Author: jeffreycor      141 Posts  Status: Instructor Pilot    Date    03-24-08 23:28

In the file "more_option.cfg" set the line "DisableTimeAccelerationCheck" to "=1". it is in the Config folder under FsPassengers.

Post Edited ( 03-24-08 23:28 )

Author: Drew      5525 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 01:06

That is one thing I will never understand.

'I like to fly a long way'

so you're flying 8 hours worth in 2 hours. You're still only flying 2 hours. Why not just do a 2 hour flight in real time instead of using time
compression.

Of course, that is your choice, but something i'll never understand.

-------------------------

Author: Valoran      809 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 02:43

I think the noobs want to make money and earn points faster. It is tempting at times when I want that new plane now instead of 12 hours
from now... Just playing devil's advocate.

Charlie don't surf!

Author: pagir      1583 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 03:20

Drew wrote:

so you're flying 8 hours worth in 2 hours. You're still only flying 2 hours. Why not just do a 2 hour flight in real time instead of using time
compression.

For myself, I will never understand how it's even possible to make "real time" flight each time... ;)

6 hours on the autopilot above the Atlantic isn't really "flying" :) It's only computer's cycles...

Of course, flying in real time is your choice, but something I'll never understand!!! :badsmile:

:beer:

Pagir

This said, I can't imagine online flying with acceleration, so... :wonder:

http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq

Author: DanSteph      4290 Posts  Status: Forum Administrator    Date    03-25-08 07:04

I never had done any flight more than 2 hours since I use simulators. I like piloting ;)

Dan

See FsPassengers Frequently Asked Question: FAQ

Author: poden      1580 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 16:25

Drew wrote:

compression.

Valoran wrote:

think the noobs want to make money and earn points faster. It is tempting at times when I want that new plane now instead of 12 hours
from now... Just playing devil's advocate.

Wow guys, you should avoid generalizations. In my case I have a family and full time job; when I run FS, its very simple. I like to GET SOMEWHERE, but with limited time, the only choice is to use time accel. It isn't about money either; my small airline uses a greatly reduced multiple and to this day consists mostly of bush planes and doesn't have enough money to buy any jets. But what if I did want to maximize the income. So what.

Please avoid the generalizations and understand that everyone just runs FS/FSP according to their needs and desires; Dan has done a great job of making this possible with all the different options. You never know when someone will come along with opinions and criticisms about you.

300,000 km/sec. Its not just a good idea, its the law.

Post Edited ( 03-25-08 16:37 )

Author: infernalsolo      19 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-25-08 17:14

I fly in a virtual airline, and many times I do not get to pick my flights. Sometimes I am assigned a short flight where I do not have to use time
acceleration, but sometimes I am assigned a three or four hour flight where I simply do not have the time to complete it. When I am assigned a long
flight, I have no choice but to time warp.

Author: Drew      5525 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 18:45

In my case I have a family and full time job

As do i, however it does not make me fly using time compression.

poden wrote:
I like to GET SOMEWHERE, but with limited time.

Do you feel you have acheived more by flying 3000miles in half an hour rather than 300miles?

As for generalising, i didnt, I said you can do as you please, I will just never understand it.

If i have an hour free, I will do a flight that takes an hour. Not one from one side of the world to the other using 16x acceleration.

6 hours on the autopilot above the Atlantic isn't really "flying"

And that is why I have never flown over the Atlantic :turning: usually do flights of 1 - 2 hours, the odd 3 hour one, but very rarely.

Author: ameval      887 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 18:48

Well sometimes I like making long flights in real time so I can gain more hours as a pilot but I just do long hauls when I'm in vacations or
if I have a day off.

Author: Dutch64      4695 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    03-25-08 21:19

I like to make long flights sometimes just to reach a certain destination. And then I use time accel because i really want to go to that distant dest
but don't have time to spend 12 hours in front of the pc.
But usually i choose my flights taking i account the time i have for that flight.
But well, sometimes, I start a 9 hour flight, switch to autopilot , let the co-pilot handle all the chatter with rc4 and come back one hour before
descend ;)

Author: DBE  Www     4477 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    03-25-08 23:01

DanSteph wrote:
I never had done any flight more than 2 hours since I use simulators. I like piloting ;)

Dan

My thoughts exactly! I tend to prefer the shorter flights as well.

But if I would stick to 1:30-2:00 flights, I would never have completed World Tour #2 (family, job AND a mutant killer ninja dog).

Author: poden      1580 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-08 23:44

Do you feel you have acheived more by flying 3000miles in half an hour rather than 300miles?

No, I'm just trading one thing for something else.

As for generalising, i didnt, I said you can do as you please, I will just never understand it.

I can understand your desire to not use time accel, why can't you "understand" my desire to use it. Are you somehow mentally
incapable, or just
"above it all."

If i have an hour free, I will do a flight that takes an hour. Not one from one side of the world to the other using 16x
acceleration.

I do that too, and sometimes don't use time accel. So what?

We can do this all day if you like. The point is, saying you don't "understand" something is different from saying you just
don't do it yourself.
Strictly swearing off using a simulation feature doesn't change the fact that you're still running a simulation, just a
facade of something in the
real word. It doesn't impart any sort of superiority. I can have the same policy too if I wish; what difference would it make?

Author: Drew      5525 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-26-08 00:06

I don't really care if you use it or not, as I said, that is your choice, you have bought fs9 and fsp, use it how you wish.

ps, i fixed your quotes. The \ goes before 'quote' not after. ;)

Post Edited ( 03-26-08 00:07 )

Author: pagir      1583 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-26-08 02:52

Anyway, one thing we all understand, it's our pleasure to fly with Fs and Fsp!

:beer:

Pagir

http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq

Author: Aj      18 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-27-08 21:50

I disabled the time acceleration penalty and when you do that ifyou fly a far distance and land The end flight report says "Long Flight
without Using Time accelleration" and gives you extra points. Here are the instructions jeffreycor sent me.

Use the shortcut "Open FsPassengers Folder" under your FsPassengers start menu
folder, that will open the installation folder for this addon. Next double click the "config"
folder to open it. Next open the file "more_option.cfg" that is there in notepad, it is a text file.
There is a line in that that will turn off the time acceleration penalty. Change the 0 that is
there by default to a 1 like shown here:

DisableTimeAccelerationCheck =1; // disable time acceleration reduced bonus

Save the file and you will no longer get that penalty for using time acceleration.

You have to right click "more_option.cfg" And open it with notepad.

thank You jeffreycor for these instructions.

Author: DBE  Www     4477 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    03-29-08 00:21

poden wrote:

I can understand your desire to not use time accel, why can't you "understand" my desire to use it. Are you somehow mentally
incapable
, or just "above it all."

That was totally out-of-order, Poden: I'm amazed that such a long-standing member as yourself should post such a comment!!

Author: homer09001      114 Posts  Status: Confirmed Pilot    Date    04-13-08 14:16

i never use Time Compression on FSPax flights which 99% of them are.

longest i've flown without time compression? 8 hours, OMDB (Dubai) - EDDF (Frankfurt)
even now im flying TNCM to KDFW estimated flight time of almost 5 hours.

i simply fly long flights if i have the time, e.g. day off.

Author: tr126      2 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    07-27-08 07:10

I agree long flights are for when you have the day off or vacation. There is excitement in a Denver to Aspen or even a Dallas to Denver run. Save
the Atlanta to Heathrow for Saturday morning. I did do a Tokyo to San Fran once with max time compression. It was more for test of fuel consumption.
Otherwise you have to learn the excitement of sitting there for long hours on these flights. Time Compression also confusses the FS clock. You
won't land at the correct time of day.

Author: SkyAirWorld      1546 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    07-27-08 11:46

I dont think that Time Compression Penelty should be able to be disabled, becuase the purpose of FSP was to make FS more realistic....
so errrrrrrrrrrrr why are people trying to modify the rules to "cheat"

The longest flight I have ever done was 21 hours Took Off, Flew for a little while after cruise, (I slept for 13 of it) landed refueled, took off
climbed, crusied, and landed...

and the longest flight I have done with out AutoPilot was one hour in a proper flight, it was quite irritating, and much more annoying than in
real life haha
2 Pages: 12  return to threads list 

Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.