The addon that "revolutionize the way you fly in Flight Simulator"
home > forum > FsPassengers support

New Topic  |  return to threads list  |  Search  |  Log In  |  Help    Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
Re: Blowing tires on every landing
Author: Thunderstorm      42 Posts  Status: Student pilot Date    03-01-09 15:11

Congratulations! My copilot doesn't say anything when I have a fuel leak, either.

@Nfus:
When your tires are blowing the plane is turning into the direction of the damaged tire and you have problems to keep it on the runway. Land with more
than -500 fpm and you will se ;-)

Greetings from germany!

Thunderstorm

Author: Nfus      18 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-01-09 15:49

Thanks,
now I know that I never blew a tire then...
Sometimes during landings just inches from touching down my plane suddenly banks of 90 degrees and crashes.
Still wondering why as apparently there are not reasons...
Nick

Author: SalehO      11 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-02-09 15:29

I seem to have no problem with the tires whatsoever, i've only had one occasion of the tires blowing because of Pilot error. If i was to mention any
tips to generalise, because obviously each plane will be different to how it acts;

1) Bring the speed really quite low according to its weight, i can bring in a 744 on 150knots no problem whatsoever.
2) Don't just leave the Autopilot system to come real close to the runway, you'll find doing this will cause the plane to really go straight into the
ground. Go manual at around 500ft and ease the speed at 100, and remember to give efficient flare upon touchdown !
3) Try and get an add on for GPWS, i.e. Fscopilot. This is really usefull instead of judging when the tires will hit the ground which could cause you
more risk to blow the tires.

Lastly... PRACTISE ! :) You'll get the hang of it and develop your own technique to land. Practise with different weights and speeds to find it more
comfortable.

Regards,

Author: Flying Monkey      83 Posts  Status: Pilot    Date    03-03-09 04:24

Nick,

Are you using ASX or ASA by any chance? I had some nasty 90 degrees bank on take off and final, and that was because of wake turbulences - they are ok
if you're an heavy, but fly in a King Air next to a 747 and you won't be able to compensate the bank (my solution was to decrease the force of wake
turbulence in Active Sky options, and now it's alway ok).
A wide bank would also occur on stalling, but then you would see it in the FSPX report (plus the copilot would complain about that).

Author: Nfus      18 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-03-09 09:11

Flying Monkey wrote:
Nick,

Are you using ASX or ASA by any chance? I had some nasty 90 degrees bank on take off and final, and that was because of wake
turbulences - they are ok
if you're an heavy, but fly in a King Air next to a 747 and you won't be able to compensate the bank (my solution was to decrease the force
of wake
turbulence in Active Sky options, and now it's alway ok).
A wide bank would also occur on stalling, but then you would see it in the FSPX report (plus the copilot would complain about that).

Jerome,
Thanks for your answer.
I have ASX and I was flying with a Wilco ABus320.
I flew just in front of a B763 (LevelD)which was waiting short my RWY a couple of times and I had that nasty 90 degrees bank both times.
I suspected it was related to "wakes" from ASX but after having posted also on HIFi Forum, they told me it should not be the cause.
Anyway I will try to reduce Wake turbolence effect to 50% and see what appens.
Thanks again

Nick

Author: Flying Monkey      83 Posts  Status: Pilot    Date    03-03-09 12:56

Nick,
Yes, whatever they said at HiFi, I had the same stuff happening, and I think that I did reduce to 50%, so you should be OK after that. I'm also quite
sure that it is the wake turbulence effect because with 50% there is still a shift but you can react and compensate well (and then the wake effect
become fun rather than ruins the flight experience).
Anyway, I'm glad it helped (if it's a wake problem in the end) ;)

Post Edited ( 03-03-09 12:57 )

Author: activeforce      13 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-25-09 16:26

Hello,

When can we espect an update to let us "amatuer" user also land a plane?

i keep blowing tires, i do long flight everything perfect and blow my tire at the last moment it makes me so angry that i want to stop playing
this whole game and go do some real flying cause its silly...

i want to be able to have fun and bursthing tires surly isnt, i hope in the future to be able to adjust the rating and %

and maybe when i can land it software re-enable it back

IAM checking the website daily to see if there an update... its taking a while for this fix to be patch, does it nomarlly take this long? i mean i
paid 42$ should be faster with the patch

Author: Joeflyer      8034 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-25-09 18:40

activeforce wrote:
Hello,

i keep blowing tires, i do long flight everything perfect and blow my tire at the last moment it makes me so angry that i want to stop playing

i want to be able to have fun and bursthing tires surly isnt, i hope in the future to be able to adjust the rating and %

IAM checking the website daily to see if there an update... its taking a while for this fix to be patch, does it nomarlly take this long? i mean i

Why would you be waiting for a patch to try and correct less than stellar landings? It seems many people are having this problem simply
due to hard landings. Of course I didn't quantify it as "all" people. Many of us aren't having the blown tires issue, so again, why would
there be a patch at all?

You may want to look at this sticky as well:
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/read.php?f=2&i=22480&t=22480&stick=1

Post Edited ( 03-25-09 18:44 )

Author: whiskey-zulu      1971 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    03-25-09 19:12

Hello,

I'd suggest you look at your vetical speed and your horizontal speed (VRef for landing can be found in the aircraft kneeboard on default aircraft).
It will differ according to what aircraft you're using, it's calculated weight at landing, weather conditions and runway length. I found that in the
FSX default B738 if I'm decending any faster than -500fpm vertical speed, then I lose a tire. So practice trying to bring your descent vertical speed
up to about -200fpm in good weather.

Author: activeforce      13 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-25-09 21:59

i know i need to learn more but its gonna take me months and i dont want to be a pro, i just want to enjoy the feature that fsp makes like
passenger aboard sound of turbelence, the choice to serve drinks etc, but dont want the tire blowing feature it kills it for me...

i understand some people dont need it, and were not asking to remove it but simple add an option for us who find it hard to land without
blowing tire to disable it...

just know i did 3 flight's tnca to tjsj 1 hour flight everything perfect until landing, boom tire burst and a good flight lost... tncm to tnca a 1.30
hour flight same thing happen, and a 4 hour flight tnca to kgla same thing happens i land good for me and boom tires go boom i mean
who want to do flying anymore after loosing so many hours to brake tires

I beg DAN to please release something ASAP cause its getting pretty boring fast...

how many months has people been asking? maybe a temporally fix? doesnt need to be official cause please understand the joy for me
is to land the plane and taxi to a gate, but i cant seems to be doing that

Author: Joeflyer      8034 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-26-09 14:27

Activeforce, please see my previous post. I think the fix will come when you have practiced more on your landings. The same goes for
many others, not just you. To keep asking for a patch or fix for something that is more than likely a user issue and not a FsPX issue is
futile. I haven't been convinced at all that the blowing tire issue is directly related to a FsPX problem.

Author: BadDylan      11 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-26-09 15:15

Blown tyres has forced me to learn to land properly, and I'm practising a lot with foul weather in ASA . I'm really enjoying it and it is clear
that I'd already assumed some bad habits prior to installing FS Passengers.. I'm pretty new still, but after my first two blown tyre landings,
I've made a whole succession of good ones in horrid winds. FS Passengers is certainly making me learn, so I actually like the blown
tyres possibility.

However, I'm only flying baby planes right now (I'm only rank c1 and am playing the career mode) so I might live to regret my words when I
make any serious attempts at landing heavier aircraft!

Author: activeforce      13 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-26-09 15:36

Joeflyer yes i read your post and yes your right learing is the best way instead of asking for a patch, but see i dont have a lot of times i
work a lot and whenever i do fly i fly heavies eg 757 and till today i only made 2 successful landing and they were -300ftpm all other
landing are between -500 and -700 i know i real life the plane would have broken more then tires but people its a game i want the option
to disable it cause i dont have much time to learn. i just want the option to disable/enable this feature i mean i paid for this software may i
atleast request it? you can fly and land good iam happy for you that why i ask for a feature to enable/disable so that people like you dont
have to loose that feature... and also i never said that its a bug in FSP i only said i would like an option to disable it...

can we get an EST? when we can see a patch? how many months have people been asking for this?

Author: Joeflyer      8034 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-26-09 15:58

Activeforce, I know what you are saying but you keep asking for the same thing over and over again. The answer is still the same no
matter how many times you ask ;)

Author: BadDylan      11 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-26-09 16:27

(sorry - duplicate post)

Post Edited ( 03-26-09 16:29 )

Author: flyingdoherty      14 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-27-09 10:47

There is no reason to be so angry there...

I'm practicing myself, but it still happens sometimes. Anyway.
I get the impression that there is a misunderstanding there. "Pros" are just asking for a new line in the "more option .cfg", when "cons' are refering to a better orthodoxy in the way of flying. The two
positions are well acceptable from my point of view. Even with that new line, like "disableblowing_tires_at_landing=1", I would practice and practice to make the most beautiful kiss landing possible

Post Edited ( 03-27-09 10:49 )

Author: activeforce      13 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-27-09 13:33

hi,

where can i get the option you are reffering to?

disableblowing_tires_at_landing=1

lets hopi i can finaly enjoy the game...

cause just yesterday did a flight from tnca to svmi (bad weather) beautiful approach and landing expect the tire blowing...

i use autoland cause i cant land that good and it always blows my tire... sucks alot..

Author: whiskey-zulu      1971 Posts  Status: Forum Moderator    Date    03-27-09 13:58

The 'option': disableblowing_tires_at_landing=1 doesn't exist.

Author: Joeflyer      8034 Posts  Status: Living Legend    Date    03-27-09 15:03

flyingdoherty wrote:
There is no reason to be so angry there...

:wonder: Who's angry?

Author: activeforce      13 Posts  Status: Young recruit Date    03-27-09 16:04

That option after searching i found it in the manual_failure something but i think its not what were after... guess will have to wait until dan
makes a patch for us new users (which it seems is a lot)

disableblowing_tires_at_landing=1 (i found it inside manual_failure text file) but iam sure its not what were after eg: disable the darn
blowing tires...
14 Pages: 12345678910111213Next...  return to threads list 

This thread is closed