FsPassengers Forums
45 min fuel reserve - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: 45 min fuel reserve (/showthread.php?tid=9787)

Pages: 1 2

45 min fuel reserve - teamdk - 09-09-2005

My pilot got minus points because he didn't have a fuel reserve for 45 min when he finally got on the ground.

Why??? Because he needed to go around 2 times because of busy hour with many (slow) AI aircraft and stupid FS ATC.

Isn't it one reson TO HAVE A FUEL RESERVE????? Why "minus points" for the pilot.....nothing he can do if ATC send him 2 times "go
around".

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - AndrePaul - 09-09-2005

i never liked that either, but thats how it is, if u kno u are going to a busy airport, fuel up and make sure u have more than than the
required amount upon landing,

this is not right, but if u realize that atc is sending u around and u dont have enuff fuel
1 - if aircraft is on final an u can land b4 that plane(small plane usually) pass him out

2 - if aircraft is on the runway abt to takeoff, land infront of him

3 - if aircraft is turning of the runway, lland b4 and stop b4 reaching him

its a cheat, and u wont get penalize dby FSP

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - SWAFO - 09-09-2005

You could always disable crash and collision detection, and simply IGNORE AI Traffic on final... that's what I usually do. Sure,
occasionally a 747 will fly right overhead and land in front of me, but I learn to live with it.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - teofilo - 09-09-2005

Or you can just fly online on VATSIM or some other online service and fly with other pilots around the world and ATC, not FS2004's bad
ATC.
Visit http://www.vatsim.net for more details.

Regards
Teo

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - SWAFO - 09-09-2005

That's true. I tried VATSIM once or twice, and found it too much of a hastle, and there wasn't really coverage in the area I was flying... too
bad. To each his own!

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - DanSteph - 09-09-2005

In the latest version you can disable only collision detection so you can keep the crash collide

see more_option.cfg

Dan

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - olseric - 10-09-2005

Other options -

Obviously, I'm an IVAO fan, not VATSIM, so we'll let that slide for the sake of arguement. Wink

At any rate...download the program AI Smooth. Should be able to find it on AVSIM or FlightSim.com without problem. Run that while
you're running FS and what it will do is instruct AI planes to fly holding patterns allowing only one at a time on the approach path. It really
helps and doesn't look too unnatural.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - SWAFO - 10-09-2005

I'm going to check that out later today. Have heard nothing but good things about it.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - tangoecho - 10-09-2005

I tried running the latest version of AI smooth and it keeps coming up with an error about FSUIPC.

"One or more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC.
Please see the FSUIPC.LOG for details"

Anyone else get this message?? Rant

Stuart

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - jboweruk - 11-09-2005

Yup, AISmooth helps a lot. The only thing I still have a pain with are little (insert appropriate insult here) doing touch and goes who insist
on lining up behind me even though cleared to land in front of me. Rant

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - olseric - 11-09-2005

Quote:"One or more programs you are using is not accredited for access to an unregistered copy of FSUIPC.
Please see the FSUIPC.LOG for details"
Nope. And I use the unregistered version.

See if there is a free key in the readme...don't recall if there was or not.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - SWAFO - 12-09-2005

I don't think it requires the registered version at all. Works with the unregistered just fine from what I've heard.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - poden - 13-09-2005

The reality is, a pilot would probably get his commercial license pulled for disregarding ATC and just landing in the middle of heavy traffic. This
is exactly what the fuel reserve is for.

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - pilot3033 - 14-09-2005

Quote:SWAFO wrote:
That's true. I tried VATSIM once or twice, and found it too much of a hastle, and there wasn't really coverage in the area I was flying... too
bad. To each his own!

Forgive me for hijaking the thread.

However, Brad I would not pass up on VATSIM yet. Sure not all areas are coverd all the time (we are human) but try flying into PHX this Friday during
our TGIF event and I promis you will love VATSIM Smile
-Matt

Re: 45 min fuel reserve - g48dd - 26-10-2005

Actually I am surprised that only 45 min is required. If you were lic to haul passengers I believe that you would also be required to put on
board at least enough fuel to land at a second location many airlines require a third landing alternative and you have to figure fuel from
alternative two to alternative 3. I addition most airlines would require at least 45 min holding fuel but in figuring your zero fuel weight you
must also figure in extra fuel required for : weather ( winds aloft ), taxi, and what is called contengency fuel. I think it is this contingency
fuel that FS passengers is penalizing you for. Since normal contingency fuel is 45 min. Comtengency fuel is for any fuel use that was
unexpected such altitude increase, or winds a loft is stronger than expected. Holding fuel is quite different. The pilot would know I am
flying into LAX at 17:00 so 45 min may not be enough as I have been on flights that were over LAX for more than an hour. In a light plane
this works out to usualy some where around an extra hour and a half worth of fuel. What I do is try to guess at what the fuel consumption
rate will be. Sometimes many payware aircraft will tell you what expected fuel consumption is based on a certain altitude and air
pressure, it can usualy be found in the POH. You can also try searching http://www.myairplane.com or airliners.net. Both have all kinds of
tech info on most aircraft. I try to fly the first three flights at the same altitude and same weather conditions. Then after landing I take a look
at the FS Pass report. I take fuel used in flight add all three runs divide by three and get an average in flight fuel usage, ( I also try to fly all
three flights whith the exact same RPM and prop pitch ). I will add all three flight climb and desent fuel and average those as well. Then
when I get ready to fly I can say ok I am cruising at FL10500 it will take me 5 min to get there and I burn 7.5 per min therefore I need 37.5
gallons per min or you can figure this in pounds which is actually better. I now have a spread sheet that figures it all for me. I will not be
cought short again as I also got hit by this penality when I first started. In real life all this figuring would be needed if you wanted to be safe
and within the law but if all this figuring is not what you want then I would suggest just turning it off.

Ken