FsPassengers Forums
For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. (/showthread.php?tid=9773)

Pages: 1 2

For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - DanSteph - 06-09-2005

If you do a new country or zone I can add the name for you so the FSP base list will
contain more and more zone instead of having separate add-ons that contain only one
or two more zone (that will erase also the base list wich may contain more zone than your add-on
if the add-on is outdated)

Of course I would give you credit in the about box of FsPassengers (thanks section)
send also the name and any indication you want that appear here.

Just send me an excell sheet or whatewer with at least 1000 firstname and last name
ordered in two column. Better to have at least 2000 but I can deal with 1000.
To have my e-mail adress simply click on my name DanSteph in top of this post.

I recall some rules:

-Avoid to send list with garbage sign as "," @ the list must be clean.

-column might be well separated two column on an excell sheet or two separate
text files.

-one name per line.

-column should not be mixed with firstname and last name.

-You don't need to have 1000 or 2000 differents names
if you grabbed the name on phone list or whatewer it should reflect the
frequency of the name in real life so the passengers list look even more realistic...

Short Example with last name column:

RIGHT:
----------
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
Mac Donald
O'hara
O'hara
O'hara
O'hara
O'hara
O'hara
Kzetebelist
Krokopato

WRONG:
-------------
Mac Donald
O'hara
Kzetebelist
Krokopato

In the right list you have as in real life more chance to have Mac donald and O'hara
than "Krokopato" wich is more realist...in brief such name as "Martin" or "John"
should be widely present while rare name may have only one or two lines.

In brief for the intterest of all I really think that in the name list case
it would be better if I grab all the zone done by users and add them all
in the base list of FsP instead of having separate add-ons

Dan

Post Edited ( 09-06-05 21:31 )

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - NeAZ - 12-09-2005

Hi Dan,

Does FsPassengers allow characters as ñ, ô, á, é, and such?

Cheers!
NeAZ

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - DanSteph - 14-09-2005

Quote:NeAZ wrote:
Hi Dan,
Does FsPassengers allow characters as ñ, ô, á, é, and such?
Cheers!
NeAZ

Sorry no, many computer don't include special characters page in win32
so you must remove all the accent and special characters.

Dan

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - david1964 - 16-09-2005

thats great dan but what if I only want a small area with say only friends and family.I have used the export system and im having problems
with the export,have a look at m posts for further details(PASSENGER DATABASE post).cheers

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - DanSteph - 17-09-2005

FsP is not designed to carry only familly, what you should do in this case its to copy at least
1000 familly name then repeat 1000 time your familly first name...

about exporting sorry did you use excell ?

Dan

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - david1964 - 17-09-2005

yeah i used excell,i inserted a new zone with 40 names and lat and lon all correct,i cant export the file to update.i have been posting this
topic for weeks now and im no further forward.

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - Kenny - 23-03-2006

Dan are you still in the business of adding names to the passenger list? I just ran across this forum and am new to FSPassengers
and noticed the postings in this forum are quite old?

Please advise.

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - Drew - 23-03-2006

Hi Kenny and welcome, i belive you can customise the list youself now...

Quote:You must download the Excel sheet utility located on the
http://www.FsPassengers.com site, see download section
"tools and Doc"

This sheet allows you to define a passengers name list
per area so you can have a custom name list for your country.

Smile

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - Kenny - 28-03-2006

Dan, I made my list and when I go to save it states a read only file. i looked at the properties but it does not give me
the option of changing. Please advise.

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - david1964 - 28-03-2006

HI KENNY,my posts are as old as me and i still havent got it,best leave this one alone as it will get to you in the end...lol

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - Kenny - 03-04-2006

David1964, The only problem I have is overwriting the original Excel spred sheet? When I go to save it will not let me as the original
world listing is READ ONLY.? Thank you for the response appreciated. Sounds like you gave up on this one. i am very good at using
Excel and I am quite sure if the original file downloaded after modification could be saved it would work. Drew if you read this posting
please advise.

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - TristenEugene - 18-04-2006

This sounds good and I hope this will not anger you for being somewhat off the mark but, is there a way you can fix existing manifests? I
want that the load manifests in America are not showing gravy sucking bag mac stuffers. I mean there is not a woman on the aircraft that
is not less that 138 pounds unless she is around 14 years old!!

Seriously though. Can you or I edit these list weights? I would not have bothered you with this, but I reall want to change it!!

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - BarrieHie - 26-11-2006

Dan,

I've got a list of American names. I've found 88,799 last names with the most frequent names listed first and the least frequent being
last. For the first names I've got 1219 males and 4275 females. These lists came with the weighting parameters for frequency. I'm a
PHP newbie but I can probably generate a 'correctly' weighted list of 88,799 names to generate your 2000 or however many you want.

Worth doing???

Barrie

Note: I have to do it in PHP because it's the only language I've got on my machine!!! :-) If anyone can rip through this in excel or C++ or
whatever then let me know!!!

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - cpt_acejoe - 28-06-2007

[quote] errr?? Sick

Re: For those that want to ADD NAME to the passengers name list. - machest - 18-08-2007

i posted a questin on the forum conserning the cusomising of the name list but did not get an awnser, so i thought id ask it here. i want to
put the names surnames weights and ages of clients on a private jet to some city in my country but when i do this the fsp program
muddles the list up and gives me other weights and ages which the clients are not, for example:
John West; pete norman; robert fox. the fsp gives me John norman; Pete fox and robert West with weights that are wrong, is thre anyway to
change this.
Machest
south africa