FsPassengers Forums
[ZIP FILE]Realistic announcements (closed door)... - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: [ZIP FILE]Realistic announcements (closed door)... (/showthread.php?tid=9735)

Pages: 1 2

[ZIP FILE]Realistic announcements (closed door)... - silo - 28-08-2005

I modified two of the wav files that come with the default crew package. I applied some custom filters to make them sound like you are
listening through the closed cockpit door. Can you take a look at them and let me know what you think? I was working on them for a while
and I have a feeling my ears went "numb" because I can't detect differences anymore....ehehe...need to take a break...
Anyway, you can just open them with a player if you are in a hurry, but you will not get the effect. If you download and copy them in the proper directory (BACKUP OLD ONES FIRST!)

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FsPassengers\Sound\CrewPack\Default.

then you really get the idea of what I'm trying to do. Then start fs9 with a quick flight using a 737 or any a/c with a crew, then start FsP and listen to the announcements and let me know....

http://www.tapetodigital.com/audio/crew1_welcomeonboard.wav

http://www.tapetodigital.com/audio/crew2_safetyaboard.wav

Post Edited ( 09-04-05 03:11 )

Re: Modified welcome onboard msgs (through door)...what do u think? - silo - 30-08-2005

Ok...major modification to the files above. Now you are going to be impressed for sure. The voice really sounds like it's being heard
through a closed door. For people looking for realism this is a must have. Check it out and please let me know. I accept any comments...
I would like to fine tune it before converting all the files and I'd also like to know if anybody is interested in it, or if I'm just waisting my time...
Thank you much!

(The links are still the same. I just uploaded new files.)

P.S. The "ding dong" sound needs to be modified because it's to loud. I'll do it later, for now I'm concentrating on the voices...

Post Edited ( 08-30-05 21:19 )

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 30-08-2005

I'm on a really slow computer right now but as soon as I'm on a faster one I'll take a look at it.

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - silo - 31-08-2005

Thanx Ryan! That would be great!

The music for example could be some like this:

http://www.tapetodigital.com/audio/ambientmusic0.wav

Post Edited ( 08-31-05 03:48 )

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 31-08-2005

The link is like a page that never loads... I'm still on the slow computer but will be on the fast one tommarow, I'm sure they're
great Wink.

Oh...no page will ever open Ryan. It's a direct link...if you click on it with the left mouse button it's supposed to open in Windows Media
Player. Or you can right click and "save target as" to your hard drive. Once downloaded you can then double-click on it to listen. But if you have dial up it will take a long time to download the music (last post).

Ok, no prob...I appreciate your input anytime.
I can already say though that there are not so many people interested because of the few replies. So probably I'll do this only for myself.
And of course I can always send the link to people who are interested...

Later

Post Edited ( 08-31-05 04:23 )

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 31-08-2005

I'm downloading it now, It's unbelivable how slow AOL is. I absolutley would NEVER, EVER recommend AOL America Online or AOL
America Online Canada to anyone. Not to ANYONE! Lol. They do have 24 hour tech support though, but thats because they need it, so
many people have problems with it!

Anyways when it download's I'll post what I think.

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Dan M - 31-08-2005

Hi Maurizio,

great job sounds very realistic. Are you going to do the other announcements too?

Thanks for the addon again, great job.

Dan

Thanx Dan.
Yes I want to convert all of them. But before doing so I wanted to get some opinions if the wav sounds right. I wouldn't want to work on all
the files only to discover in the end that maybe a little less riverb would have sounded much better. You know... Wink

Thanx for your time!

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Er!k - 31-08-2005

It sounds good, however how do they sound within FS9??? Can you still hear the sounds with engines running?

Quote:It sounds good, however how do they sound within FS9??? Can you still hear the sounds with engines running?

Well....allow me to answer with a question. Have you tried listening with the engines on? I left instructions couple posts above on how
to "install" the new sound files.
I'm doing tests with the LevelD 767. I can still hear the voices but they sound muffled.

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 01-09-2005

Silo - sorry it took so long, I'm finally on a faster computer. I would have listened to it sooner but I searched everwhere on this forum
and couldn't find it until now! I'm downloading it now.

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 01-09-2005

It's very good silo! You're right though, the "ding-dong" is to loud. It might just be the way that it was recorded, but the announcment
sounds a little.... muffled, almost like it's unclear. It does, although, sound a bit more real. It kind of makes you think of that... "recycled air
shared by 200 people in a flying depressurized tube" feeling.

lol

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - silo - 02-09-2005

Oh, thanx Ryan...
I'm working on the ding dong sound separately. It means that I will have to strip it off from all the wav files and reattach the modified one
to all of them, one by one!
Although many people prefer hearing the announcements with a clear sound, the idea behind what I'm trying to do is that when you sit in
the cockpit with the door closed, you should hear the announcements with a muffled sound. You should hear the FA but you shouldn't be
able to tell exactly what he/she is saying. I tried it on a short flight and (to me) it really adds to the ambience. I kind of feel like somebody is
really back there, especially with my 4 speaker set.

Thanx for your time!

EDIT: Actually I should correct myself. The above is what I think is true in reality. But there is a possibility that pilots don't hear anything at all. I don't know...SWAFO?

Post Edited ( 09-02-05 04:06 )

Re: Realistic announcements (through closed door)... - Jetsgo - 02-09-2005

You're right, it's alot more realistic, and great job. I personally like to hear the announcemnt, although (no offence to JayKae
LOL) sometimes the aussie get's a bit annoying, I'd like to hear a few more voices! It may not be very realistic, but hearing the
announcment word for word helps me prep the flight a bit more realisticly.