FsPassengers Forums
Is there a American voice set - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Is there a American voice set (/showthread.php?tid=9706)

Is there a American voice set - Fedex 4 u - 16-08-2005

Like the subject says is there one with an American accent

Re: Is there a American voice set - jboweruk - 16-08-2005

Not yet, still waiting on some Americans to get together and do one. Smile

And anyway, what's wrong with a British/Aussie accent? Plus the Co-Pilot is American as it is.

Re: Is there a American voice set - jackorack - 16-08-2005

is there a british one ?

Re: Is there a American voice set - SaVas - 16-08-2005

American accent is a broad term. You mean southern like Ya'll gonna git me a dang gum beer? or New England like Pahk thah cah in
thah yahd, or Midwestern, I need to warsh my car, maybe californian - Like duuude let me fly the plane maaaaan. Righteous! lol

Re: Is there a American voice set - pagir - 16-08-2005

Quote:SaVas wrote:
American accent is a broad term. You mean southern like Ya'll gonna git me a dang gum beer? or New England like Pahk thah cah in
thah yahd, or Midwestern, I need to warsh my car, maybe californian - Like duuude let me fly the plane maaaaan. Righteous! lol

lol

And you didn't talked about Canadian accent... ad mare usque ad mare, with some French accent in the north east... (like me)
"Did you get dee tchoks for your car at Canadienne Teere?
lol

Pagir

Re: Is there a American voice set - DanSteph - 16-08-2005

Quote:SaVas wrote:

lol

Dan

Re: Is there a American voice set - SWAFO - 16-08-2005

lol Perhaps I could do an "American" voice set. It'd just be the co-pilot sounds, as I can't stoop to the level of a FA
(lol... I'm JK to all you FA's out there Smile) Maybe I'd consider doing both sets of sounds, but I'd have to change them
around a little bit to add my personal "flair". If there's enough support, I'll see if I can find the time to do a co-pilot
voice pack with an "American" accent (notice that I'm from the Detroit area, however I don't consider myself as
having a strong accent).

Let me know what you think.

Re: Is there a American voice set - DanSteph - 16-08-2005

Quote:SWAFO wrote:
Let me know what you think.

would be a cool idea, let me know if you need any help on this, notice I can apply the radio filter for you
but you MUST record in 22050 hz 16 bit mono or my filter will not work.

Dan

Re: Is there a American voice set - SWAFO - 16-08-2005

You lost me Dan! I know nothing about recording sounds. I have a cheap little microphone, and I don't even know if it will record high
quality sounds. Now, if you'd like to fly me out to your house, and record them there, I wouldn't mind at all Wink

I'm willing to *try* recording the sounds... I'll test some recording myself a little later on, and see if it works good at all.

Re: Is there a American voice set - DanSteph - 17-08-2005

Quote:SWAFO wrote:
I'm willing to *try* recording the sounds... I'll test some recording myself a little later on, and see if it works good at all.

wear you headset with microphone click windows "Start->Execute" and in the box type "sndrec32.exe"
after that should be simple...

send me your try I'll see how it sound with the filter... Wink

Dan

Re: Is there a American voice set - SWAFO - 17-08-2005

Let me see what I can do. I'm having some schedule issues with work, so everything's a little hectic right now. If I get some time, I'll get
around to it.

Re: Is there a American voice set - AndyB - 27-08-2005

From what I've heard on the Demo version of FsP, its sounds like a mix between an Australian and New Zealand accent - in saying that, its a refreshing
change (being an Australian myself) - to see a product released with other than a generic American type accent.

Re: Is there a American voice set - ILikePlanes - 27-08-2005

you should try to find someone with an Irish accent to make a voice set Applause

Re: Is there a American voice set - dreamnite - 02-09-2005

For anyone looking to record sounds, might I suggest "audacity"? (audacity.sourceforge.net)

And Dan, can you tell us how you apply the "radio effect"? I'd be intrested to know what you're using.

Re: Is there a American voice set - dreamnite - 04-09-2005

My wife has volunteered to help record an american accent set. I f someone can give me details on the Cabin Call tones (like the frequency to generate
them) and the filter used to make the PA sound, I'd like to know so I can apply them to the Wavs.

Thanks!