FsPassengers Forums
Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? (/showthread.php?tid=9577)

Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - DanSteph - 10-07-2005

I use a scenary to make nice side picture without headeach....

1-Take off climb to 4000-10000 bank right 45° with nose level
2-pause -
3-enter in Slew mode
4-now clear any weather
5- place the camera on the side of the aircraft, now you should have a nice blue background
that will be easy to select in photoshop to get only the aircraft and not the background

save this scenary under "side photo" or watewer.

Now each time you need a side picture take this scenary
(wich will come in slew mode) select the aircraft you want
place the camera on the side and take a picture...

You should have a result like this:

[Image: side_demo.jpg]

Dan

Post Edited ( 08-06-05 02:24 )

Re: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - Dan M - 07-08-2005

Hi,

Got any tips on how to insert it?????????????

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - tiagoblanquet - 08-08-2005

the next part will require some knowledge about paint. I recomend using sharp effect in the plane for better image.

Re: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - Kenny - 24-05-2006

Just a question, Why bank 45 Deg's. Or is that a typo error??

Re: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - ILikePlanes - 24-05-2006

you bank so you have just sky as background

Re: Tips: How to make side picture of aircraft for new payload model ? - vaccaro - 25-05-2006

This is how I work.
Depending on the color scheme of the a/c, set visibility to 1/4mi. so that only the a/c is visible in the flightsim.
(This will let you not to bank.)
Slew and rise the a/c lets say about 1000 ft. Or until the ground is not visible any more. (after slew F3 or F4 to rise and F2 to stop).
Still in slew mode place the camera to the side (with num lock on, key 4 or 6).
Take the screenshot and paste it into your favourite editor (Photoshjop, Paint Shop Pro etc..)
Crop the unnecessary parts (like data on top and Brake message).
Adjust wand sensitivity so that it only selects the area outside of your a/c image.
With magic wand (or wand) click somewhere outside of your a/c.
Invert the selection.
Copy the slection and paste as a new image. (I usually start a new image 1024x768 with a transparent bakground and paste my a/c
image as a new layer. So that I can change colors of the background without worrying about the a/c image)
Now you should have the image of the a/c without any surroundings.
Proceed as indicated on how to make a payload model.
Have fun Smile