FsPassengers Forums
Critical error #001 when install - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Critical error #001 when install (/showthread.php?tid=9506)

Critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 06-01-2016

Hi
I just purchased the p3d version and when I run the .exe setup file,I get a message saying "unable to recognize Prepar3d
version ,aborting Fspassengers
Please help
thanks Lee

Re: critical error #001 when install - SamTDS - 06-01-2016

Quote:dental1 wrote:
Hi
I just purchased the p3d version and when I run the .exe setup file,I get a message saying "unable to recognize Prepar3d version ,aborting
Fspassengers
Please help
thanks Lee
What P3D version do you use and have you tried running the .exe on the same drive as P3D is installed

Re: critical error #001 when install - Joeflyer - 06-01-2016

Dental, please provide as much information as possible....operating system, where you installed P3D, etc. It doesn't matter which version of P3D you
are using since FsP is compatible. Again, provide as much information as possible.

Re: critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 08-01-2016

Hi
I updated p3d to latest hotfix and all is well. Thanks for the help.
Lee

Re: critical error #001 when install - Joeflyer - 08-01-2016

Lee, happy you got it working Applause

Re: critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 12-01-2016

Hi Joeflyer
I had to go back to p3d v2.5 without the hotfix due to many problems. Can I not use the new fspassengers with my current version p3d v2.5? If not why won't it work?

Re: Critical error #001 when install - Joeflyer - 12-01-2016

Dental, it's not always a good idea to apply a hotfix to P3D. Many users have issues with doing this. I have always found it better to do a complete
uninstall and re-install of P3D 2.5 (the last version of 2.5 installer had the hotfix included). It alleviates most problems. If you can't do this, it
might be a good idea to delete the shader cache in the LM local folder for P3D 2.5.
You didn't mention what problems you were having with FsP after applying the hotfix anyway.

Re: Critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 12-01-2016

FsP worked fine with hotfix but other things with the sim screwed up, and thus I went back to v2.5 w/o hotfix. Fsp doesn't recognize regular v2.5. Thats the problem.. The
critical error comes up and says version not recognized. Is there a workaround for this as I suspect many potential customers are in the same boat
thx Lee

Re: Critical error #001 when install - Joeflyer - 12-01-2016

FsP worked fine with hotfix but other things with the sim screwed up, and thus I went back to v2.5 w/o hotfix.

You didn't mention whether or not you have the full P3D installer that includes the hotfix. That way you can do a new installation. Maybe those
other problems not related to FsP would go away.

Quote: Fsp doesn't recognize regular v2.5. Thats the problem.. The
critical error comes up and says version not recognized. Is there a workaround for this as I suspect many potential customers are in the same boat thx
Lee

Maybe you can email Dan and ask him if you can get the previous version of FsP that works well with the original 2.5 version

Re: Critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 13-01-2016

Hi.
I would appreciate having access to the fspassengers version that works with earlier p3d v2.5.
How do I getin touch with Dan
thx Lee

Re: Critical error #001 when install - SamTDS - 13-01-2016

Hi.
I would appreciate having access to the fspassengers version that works with earlier p3d v2.5.
How do I getin touch with Dan
thx Lee
you can use the contact button at the bottom of the page

Re: Critical error #001 when install - dental1 - 13-01-2016

Thank you Sam

Re: Critical error #001 when install - SamTDS - 13-01-2016

Thank you Sam
Np

RE: Critical error #001 when install - Fahri01 - 25-10-2016

Hello,
when i will install FsP in Prepar3d v2.5 i become this failure:
Unable to recognise Prepar3D version

It runs in my Fs2004,
with a problem in FSX.

My system:
Windows 8 (pro) x64 (win10)
64bit Edition
Asus A88M
AMD A8-7600 Radeon
16384 MB
Geforce GTX 650
4 x WD20

regards
Karsten

RE: Critical error #001 when install - Joeflyer - 31-10-2016

Karsten, is it P3D version 2.5.12943?
If it's the version I mentioned, maybe you should try this from the FAQ:
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq&ver=p3d&question=27

And, exactly which Operating System are you using? Windows 8 or 10?