FsPassengers Forums
"Flight to short"...?...! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: "Flight to short"...?...! (/showthread.php?tid=8514)

Pages: 1 2

"Flight to short"...?...! - DavidK - 20-08-2010

Apologies for crossposting, but, having searched the forum and added a post to a similar thread about this error in the "Fs Passengers
customizing" area, I realised it was probably more appropriate to post it here:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PLEASE fix this "Flight too short" business.

I just completed a hop between Guernsey and Jersey (in the Channel Islands) where I provided a 25 min flight-time and ended the flight
powered-down at the gate about 3 mins early. Landing was smooth ( a "kiss" ) and music enjoyed, but the flight was rated as
"Poor" (55%) because the passengers felt the "flight was too short". Huh?..!

This was a "Normal" flight, not a sightseeing tour!

David K

BTW, yes, I set the destination (EGJJ) as well as the flight-time.

Post Edited ( 08-20-10 18:46 )

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - whiskey-zulu - 20-08-2010

Minimum tome for "normal flight" is 30 mins.

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - DavidK - 20-08-2010

Okay, so that's what needs to be amended -- looking forward to it in the next update / version!

(The (real) airline Aurigny, for example -- http://www.aurigny.com -- offers 20-minute flights between Guernsey and Jersey. There are probably similarly brief flights between other islands in the world, e.g. in Hawaii.)

David K

Post Edited ( 08-20-10 20:41 )

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - Magicflyer - 21-08-2010

Say Your passenger PAyed 1000$ for a flight, Then They Find out there Flight Is only 15 minutes long. They will think it is a rip off. Logic

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - gbapache - 21-08-2010

circle the airport for 10@#$ extra minutes. Do you have somewhere to be??????????????

Re: - Recon - 21-08-2010

Quote:gbapache wrote:
circle the airport for 10@#$ extra minutes. Do you have somewhere to be??????????????

gbpache,...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Edited ( 08-21-10 05:02 )

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - DavidK - 21-08-2010

Quote:Magicflyer wrote:
Say Your passenger PAyed 1000$ for a flight, Then They Find out there Flight Is only 15 minutes long. They will think it is a rip off. Logic
Fortunately, they only paid 60 virtual dollars each.

Quote: gbapache wrote:
Yes. On the ground at the airport with happy virtual passengers. As above, it's not a sightseeing trip. Realism.

David K

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - iflyfsx - 21-08-2010

If you're flying to an island, you probably don't have many other choices, but for 99.9% of the cases, who would spend more time getting through
airport security than actually flying? It usually takes at least 30 min just to board the airplane!

It's just not normal to load the airplane, taxi to the runway, fly, taxi again, unload--all in under 30 minutes.

Re: - DavidK - 21-08-2010

Perhaps there's something I'm doing wrong.

The Guerney to Jersey flight was scheduled to depart at 0945, so I used "Load immediately" at that time as that is the time the plane is meant to pull
away from the gate with the passengers on board. (In other words, I skip starting a flight a few minutes before departure time and then simulating the
passengers boarding.)

The arrival time was scheduled for arrival at 1010, i.e. 25 mins later, the time at which the plane is meant to be at the gate/parking with its
parking brake applied (so the door/s may then be opened and the passengers disembark).

I happened to "arrive" (i.e. as just described) around 3 to 4 minutes early. This usually seems to earn praise from FSPX.

So, the flight was scheduled to be 25 mins "block to block" and in fact took around 21 to 22 minutes.

Why penalise that?

Thanks for your input,
David K

Post Edited ( 08-21-10 11:33 )

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - whiskey-zulu - 21-08-2010

Yes, there is something wrong you're doing; you're not in the air for 30 minutes. If you're using direct GPS, try adding in a few waypoints that add
on a couple extra miles to the trip. When I island hopping in Hawaii, I fly low and slow if i'm using a Beech or Dash 8 and may bother to heed ATC's
go around instructions if I'm early arriving and there's an a/c on the runway.

Sorry not to be clearer: I realise I'm not in the air for 30 minutes, so, for the sake of realism, can this (seemingly arbitrary?) limit be removed or
at least reduced to the 10 mins associated with FSPX's "Normal" flying mode, please?

David K

Re: "Flight to short"...?...! - whiskey-zulu - 21-08-2010

Flight time is usually time from gear up to gear down on the ground...

If you want the time changed, then take it up with Dan.

Intriguingly, I just completed another short-hop flight, this time between Le Touqet and Lydd across the English Channel. It was scheduled for
25 mins but took (thanks to near-continuous turbulence) approx. 27 mins to shutdown at stand. Afterward, however, there was no complaint in
the report, even though the journey took less than 30 mins..!

I think the confusion may be between scheduled departure and scheduled arrival, which, respectively, I understand to mean the moment
the aircraft starts moving away from a gate/stand (i.e. when passengers no longer have a chance to board) to the moment it comes to a stop at a
gate/stand and has its parking brake applied (i.e. the first moment the doors may be opened safely and the passengers begin disembarking).
(It may even be when the aircraft has come to a stop, had its parking brake applied and had its engines shutdown.)
Quote:...If you want the time changed, then take it up with Dan.
Is that the "Daniel Polli" credited at the start of the manual..? How / where do I contact him?

Thanks,
David K

Re: - whiskey-zulu - 21-08-2010

Yes, he is the one you should mail using the nice handy "contact" button on the bottom of each page.

Or if you had read the Forum Rules then you'd have seen his name listed at the bottom with hyperlinked to a contact
option.

Quote:whiskey-zulu wrote:
Yes, he is the one you should mail using the nice handy "contact" button on the bottom of each page.

Or if you had read the Forum Rules then you'd have seen his name listed at the bottom with hyperlinked to a contact
option.
Apologies; I didn't realise "DanSteph", "Dan" and "Daniel Polli" were one and the same.

David K