FsPassengers Forums
[Solved]FSX not starting - deleted reply? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Solved]FSX not starting - deleted reply? (/showthread.php?tid=8473)

[Solved]FSX not starting - deleted reply? - Fabrice - 18-07-2010

Hi all,

Yesterday, I added a reply to an "old" thread regarding a problem with FSX not starting after FsP install. This
morning, my question has been deleted
and the topic is back to yerdeday's status. As a legitimate customer, I would expect to have replies to my questions
or at least have an explanation
on why my question was deleted...

So today I create a new topic: I re-installed FSX SP2 and FsP. After install, when starting FSX, I have the blue
welcome screen poping up, and
nothing. If after a while, I click on the FSX icon in the task bar, I hear the welcome message from FSX, then the
standard menu comes, but with the
plane 3D view completely black. If I launch a flight, nothing happens. I have to kill the FSX task. The problem
disapear as soon as I uninstall FsP.

I have Vista 32 SP1, and FsP used to work on the same system with same Vista installation.

Thanks for your help.

Fabrice

Re: FSX not starting - deleted reply? - whiskey-zulu - 18-07-2010

1) Did you look at the last post time-stamp in the original topic you posted in - if the last post was more than a year old, then your post would have
been removed due to necroposting.
2) Have you actually performed a search of the forums and read the FAQ on this matter: there are a number of topics related to this.

Re: FSX not starting - deleted reply? - Fabrice - 18-07-2010

Yes I actually did look at the FAQ and cannot find anything related to this. I also searched the forum and did find the topic I replied
(http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7785&pid=73024#pid73024). It's actually more than one year old, but no solution was given, that's
why I asked. Nothing did inform me that I shouldn't reply to that topic.

Now english is not my mother tongue, so maybe I don't use the correct search terms. I really would appreciate if you could help me finding the solution.

Thanks,
Fabrice

Just found that other topic, but no solution given...
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8092&pid=74633#pid74633

Re: FSX not starting - deleted reply? - Joeflyer - 18-07-2010

Quote:Fabrice wrote:
Hi all,

Yesterday, I added a reply to an "old" thread regarding a problem with FSX not starting after FsP install. This morning, my
question has been deleted
and the topic is back to yerdeday's status. As a legitimate customer, I would expect to have replies to my questions or at least have an
explanation
on why my question was deleted...

So today I create a new topic: I re-installed FSX SP2 and FsP. After install, when starting FSX, I have the blue welcome screen poping up,
and
nothing. If after a while, I click on the FSX icon in the task bar, I hear the welcome message from FSX, then the standard menu comes, but
with the
plane 3D view completely black. If I launch a flight, nothing happens. I have to kill the FSX task. The problem disapear as soon as I
uninstall FsP.

I have Vista 32 SP1, and FsP used to work on the same system with same Vista installation.

Thanks for your help.Fabrice

I was the one who deleted the post, but I sent you a message stating why I deleted your post and the possible solution(s) to the issue.
May I suggest that you check you internal messages?

Post Edited ( 07-18-10 15:44 )

Quote:Joeflyer wrote:
I was the one who deleted the post, but I sent you a message stating why I deleted your post and the possible solution(s) to the issue.
May I suggest that you check you internal messages?

My fault, I did not see that message. I recognize I did not see there was a internal message system. Thanks for this.

Any clue for my problem?

Thanks,
Fabrice

Oh, and by the way: Yes, I run FSX and everything as an admin.

So... I noticed that if I delete the FSX folder inD:\Users\My Profile\AppData\Roaming and re-launch FSX, it works (without FsP, as it does not detect
that it's installed). So I thought that maybe my profile was not cleaned enough last time I uninstalled. I uninstalled everything and re-installed
everything (this took two hours). FsP now works, but I have to configure everything correctly now to obtain the best FPS. But at least, it works...

Hope this can give a clue to those who experienced the same in the two topics I found and where no solution was given...

Fabrice

Re: FSX not starting - deleted reply? - Joeflyer - 19-07-2010

It appears all is well now. Good to know it has worked out for you Applause