FsPassengers Forums
[Closed] Blowing tires on every landing - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Closed] Blowing tires on every landing (/showthread.php?tid=7654)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

[Closed] Blowing tires on every landing - Arsenic87 - 03-01-2009

Hello.

I recently purchased the FSPassengersX. And I have really enjoyed it.. In flight.... Serving drinks and making passengers
happy. But it is "so close
to impossible" to land the aircraft without blowing the tires, and the entire sensation of the flight got ruined.. Sorry to
say so.

I don't want to critizise the realizm of FSP, but I, and probably many other users, whould REALLY appreciate a way to turn of
tires blowing up.. At
least be able to adjust the threshold of where the feet.pr.min causes a tireblow.

This is one aspect which really has ruined the rest of FSP. I whould really like to experience an engine blowout, or a
fueltank leak at high
altitudes, without getting annoyed every time I make a landing.

Not all of us have a Joystick to land with and usually fly mostly with ILS, and nearly land with only this active.

I'm not saying im landing at -1000 ft.min, and try to "survive this". I can't even manage when im at -100 ft.min...

So.. This is for you Dan. This is an AMAZING addittion to FSX, and really makes the game worth playing.. But some more
"realizm settings" would
probably make the game even more attractive. I think I speak for more of us..

Kind Regards.

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Joss - 03-01-2009

You sure you are not braking on landing?

I'm thinking of you using a joystick and having assigned the brakes to one of the buttons in the grip which you may press while holding the
joke on landing.

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - flyingdoherty - 03-01-2009

I totally agree...

Even with (in my opinion) a smooth landing, it's impossible for me to land a 738 (default) without blowing the tires. Wall
I use ILS, my average passengers opinion are almost 100 everytime before landing, I trained and trained, I did more than 50 touches and go to practice since the first blowing, but back in a fsp
mode, boom again (whatever speed, descent, meteo options or payload weight on normal break mode, RTO/max etc).
Strangely it was aok after a 7hrs flight on a 744.

I'm sure i coud do far better, and i promise to practice... but, dear SanDan Claus, could we trick a little bit this feature.....? Worship

Post Edited ( 01-03-09 16:49 )

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - pagir - 03-01-2009

When you land with -700ftm, your tires will blow almost certainly. With a 500ftm, you got a good chance to blow them too...

I will follow the request to the beta forum. It could be added to the "more_option.cfg" file...

Dan is planning a patch in a month or two, so...

But anyway, here's a little trick I use when I test without the joystick:

During approach, use the ILS. But when approching, set your flight altitude at 0000 (command: f0000), then set the vertical speed to -200 and the
heading dead ahead (but keep the approach mode for now). At 200 or 100 feet above ground, switch from approach mode to heading/altitude. The plane
will gently makes an "artificial" flare and you'll avoid blowing your tires...

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Tracker801 - 03-01-2009

No cheating Pag, land the freaking plane lol

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Arsenic87 - 03-01-2009

It's been a "hot" topic ever since release:

http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7629
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7589
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=7610

It would be nice to start of at an "easy" setting, so we can practice, and gradually increase it to where it is today.

Quote:You sure you are not braking on landing?

Yes, I have tried without autobrakes and speedbrakes at landing. It seems the only thing causing the tire blow is the decendrate at landing.

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - gilb29 - 04-01-2009

i worked it out not have autobrake!! and watch your speed when landing. I was landing my DC-10 at 140kts now slowed to 130kts with no proplem now with
tireblows

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - pagir - 04-01-2009

As far as I can remember, the tire blowing can happen only in two situations:

1) randomly

2) When your descent rate is too high...

It's not related with braking (but it should be Big Grin )

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Arsenic87 - 07-01-2009

After much practice, and alot of more failed attempts, I can say I hope to have gotten a hang of the tires blowing up. I can now finally appreciate
the game for all its other contents. Just yesterday I had a failure with the gears not retracting. And it was fun to declare an emergency, and land.

Anywho, I would still like to se a patch which includes the possibillity to alter this configuration.

Thanks for creating a great game Dan! Smile

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - lightrail - 12-01-2009

Can this be disabled.

I know it probably realistic, but in flight simulator, it is hard to judge your descent rate as you don't have peripheral vision or feeling of movement.

I landed a Beech 1900D at 388 ft/m and blew the tyres. Every landing in a 737 has blown the tyres hitting the runway at 500 ft/m.

This seems a bit harsh. I know that some 737 have to hit down fast to activate the airbrakes and reverse thrust on short fields - we've never blown
tyres doing this.

Anyway, it's a feature I don't like - it needs to be more forgiving to accept the limitations of the simulator.

Surely a Beech 1900D can handle a landing speed of 388 ft/m without blowing the tyres?

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Anastasios - 12-01-2009

A co-pilot told me yesterday that he once forgot to flare properly in a 737. He made a very hard landing, but no problem with the tires at all.

It is not that easy to blow a tire as it is in the game.

Anastasios.

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - flyingdoherty - 12-01-2009

This tires problem and the sudden and unrealistic wind ( and baro) changes are the only little little glitches I regret in Fspx Huh

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - Anastasios - 12-01-2009

The wind problem is actually within FS itself and has nothing to do with FsPX.

Anastasios.

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - waynekelly1979 - 17-01-2009

yes i am haveing the same problam with this, can not work this out why my tires keep blowing if someone can give me a idear how to
solve this i will be greatful thanks Smile hi all i have sorted it out to stop you tires blowing you need to set your breaks to 2 when landing this will help you a lot and it works for me Smile

Post Edited ( 02-05-09 20:36 )

Re: Blowing tires on every landing - dave1974004 - 21-01-2009

I have the same problem flying a king ar350 landing speed 73kts and 350fpm and still blew tyres this is below the default setting that i
seen in another post there needs to be a option to stop this.

I am surprised this was not in the more options config