FsPassengers Forums
How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? (/showthread.php?tid=7196)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - emkay - 25-10-2007

I know I've created a thread about food before, but I'm getting fed up of continually having to start my flights at 19:00 so I can have enough food on
my long haul flights without having to keep the passengers hungry. I'm also bored of taking off at night time all the time in my long 747 flights so
can someone briefly tell me how I can change the number of foods per flight to 3 instead of two?

Or if I can't do it myself, can someone else point out the file they need and do it for me?

Also, I have the latest update, and it doesn't seem to change a thing for me, so please just let me know how to change this quantity, thank you.

AND PLEASE: Do not try to justify the need for only 2 meals - I know this sounds rude but I don't care! I've seen other topics regarding hot food and yet there hasn't been one reply actually informing us how to change this, how do you change this? Grrr

Post Edited ( 10-25-07 23:38 )

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Anastasios - 25-10-2007

I think you can't.

Wait for the next update, it might be changed there.

Anastasios.

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - emkay - 25-10-2007

Quote:Anastasios wrote:
I think you can't.

Wait for the next update, it might be changed there.

Anastasios.

Thanks for your reply, but why not? Sure it must be as simple as just changing an integer or variable from 2 to 3? Hunappy

BTW, I've been on a flight to hong kong from london, and they serviced us with 3 hot meals, same with my trip to Chennai on the 777, and with both
those flights, we left in the morning, not after 19:00.

Well, I'm pretty sure it is not possible to do so.

As there have been so many threads about this, it would have already been mentioned how to change it. You can't.

Anastasios.

I see. Are you absolutely sure of that, surely there must be a way Well
If anyone else knows otherwise, please let me know! Maybe Drew can input on this?

I think Dan might know a way of changing everything about FsP ;-)...

Some things are just not there to be changed.

Anastasios.

oh :p Thanks for your help anyway

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Drew - 25-10-2007

Quote:emkay wrote:
Maybe Drew can input on this?

Not sure what I am to add. Anastasios has given the answer several times.

Quote:Drew wrote:
Quote:emkay wrote:
Maybe Drew can input on this?

Not sure what I am to add. Anastasios has given the answer several times.

So it's *absolutely* impossible to increase what might just be a simple integer by a value of 1?

Sorry, I still don't believe it wow Mind supplying me with a reason why it's impossible? And how come the update boasts the fact that the meals have
increased to 3? If it does that, it must be possible right?

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Canada_Boy - 26-10-2007

I am planning on doing an 18 hour flight from CYVR to YSSY(sometime this weekend hopefully) , so I will see if I run out of food or not.

Just as an experiment. Smile

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - emkay - 26-10-2007

Quote:Canada_Boy wrote:
I am planning on doing an 18 hour flight from CYVR to YSSY(sometime this weekend hopefully) , so I will see if I run out of food or not.

Just as an experiment. Smile

Start your flight at daytime, and you'll see Smile

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Garbagecan - 26-10-2007

i do have the same problem with long distance flights....but however there is a way to finish your long flight (18h was my longest) you just
have to put your pax on diet and let the satisfaction level drop to 30% (this takes quite a time) then you feed them and have them again on
diet a second time and feed them again....you do this with every meal you pass including the sandwiches and you should be able to
stretch your service time long enough to make a +20h flight.... dont worry at the end report it will say that pax were hungry during some
time during the flight but you wont score negative points on that

but i do hope that in the future the lsk sky chiefs will supply planes with 3 hot meals and 3 or 4 sandwiches Smile

victor

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - vgage - 26-10-2007

What is your speed? I have take the b787 from London to sydney and other long flights over 6,000 or so miles. The Abacus 787 has a
great range and I serve food just before they get hungry. I fly around 330knots.
I agree you should be able to plan for enough food on your own and have it in your budget.
My other problem is that I turned off all penalties and I still get a engine shut down upon landing. I made sure all penalties are turned off
in options and in the config file of fs passengers and in the scenario. Anyone have a answer to this please.

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - emkay - 26-10-2007

Quote:Garbagecan wrote:
i do have the same problem with long distance flights....but however there is a way to finish your long flight (18h was my longest) you just
have to put your pax on diet and let the satisfaction level drop to 30% (this takes quite a time) then you feed them and have them again on
diet a second time and feed them again....you do this with every meal you pass including the sandwiches and you should be able to
stretch your service time long enough to make a +20h flight.... dont worry at the end report it will say that pax were hungry during some
time during the flight but you wont score negative points on that

but i do hope that in the future the lsk sky chiefs will supply planes with 3 hot meals and 3 or 4 sandwiches Smile

victor

Thanks, but will my passenger satisfaction remain at 100% at the end of the flight?

@vgage

I fly the boeing 747 at mach .84/.85 and I still manage to run out of food on 10+ hour flights.
Whatever the time at daytime, the passengers get hungry so quickly right after takeoff. It's only at night after 19:00 that it leaves some space
between takeoff and food service.

I have sent Dan a PM about this and am awaiting a reply.

Re: How to manually edit number of hot foods allowed? - Anastasios - 26-10-2007

I think you shouldn't have send him the PM.

He is busy enough already and can't just answer all questions of every user, especially when the question has been answered already in the forum by other user ánd moderators.

You shouldn't bother him with it.

Anastasios.

Post Edited ( 10-26-07 12:40 )