FsPassengers Forums
mid-air crash - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: mid-air crash (/showthread.php?tid=6167)

Pages: 1 2

mid-air crash - 09El_Boissevain - 08-04-2006

Hello. The rarest thing in the world of FS has just happened to me. On a 350 mile journey, just 100nm from arrival, I crashed into a Cessna at an
altitude of 7000ft. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hot Fool . It happened so quick. Only 3 seconds before the crash incident did I see the Cessna, until I saw a
dot grow bigger and bigger, then... CRASH!!!
Ok, how do I disable plane -> plane crashes?? Wall

Capt El wow

Re: mid-air crash - runibl - 08-04-2006

Go to the Aircraft/realism menu, and disable Crash detect.
Also go in the FsP config folder " \FsPassengers\config" and open "more_option.cfg" with notepad, or something simular.

Change this:
Quote:DisableForceCrashDetection =0;
DisableForceCollideDetection =0;
To this:
Quote:DisableForceCrashDetection =1;
DisableForceCollideDetection =1;

That should do it.

Re: mid-air crash - FsP Dennis - 08-04-2006

FAQ:
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq&question=7

Re: mid-air crash - 09El_Boissevain - 08-04-2006

Ok, thank you all. I am hoping that now I will not ever again get penalty points due to BS crashes. Thanx!!!

Capt. El Smile

Re: mid-air crash - FsP Dennis - 08-04-2006

you're welcome Wink

Re: mid-air crash - jboweruk - 09-04-2006

A good TCAS would have saved you from that? which plane were you using?

Re: mid-air crash - Pablo0007 - 11-04-2006

One question. If you were using the ATC and either on a ifr flight or a flight following flight, you would have had a message from atc telling
you of the aircraft in your area. Usaully in capital letters.

Seems like you were VFR without atc swark code activated.lol

result Bang crash, all pax dead.lol

Best way to overcome that problem is using the ATC feature.Wink

Re: mid-air crash - 09El_Boissevain - 11-04-2006

I was in a twin-light prop Rutan Boomerang. The one and ONLY reason I don't use ATC is because FS crashes (worse than an a/c crash Wink ) very often
because of "ATC.dll" in the error report, an I don't want to just ditch a 1000nm journey worth >$500,000 of cash from a prop plane just because I
contacted ground at the destination airport just before parking !!!!!!! It happened 3 out of 6 times and so I avoid it.

Capt. El

Re: mid-air crash - Stentor - 12-04-2006

Get Radar Contact Wink

Re: mid-air crash - DavidPowell - 13-04-2006

Quote:Stentor wrote:
Get Radar Contact Wink

Radar Contact cleared me to land at Gran Canaria and then let traffic take off at the same time. Hence collision on runway. Not sure RC
is the answerWink

David

Re: mid-air crash - Galih Prasetya - 13-04-2006

yep, but at least RC is few step better than MS crappy ATC....it's the best solution for now if not using VATSIM or IVAO Smile

Re: mid-air crash - CowlFlapsOpen - 16-04-2006

#1 rule in flight: See and avoid. The crash was your responsibility (not trying to be harsh here).

Re: mid-air crash - ILikePlanes - 16-04-2006

-post removed-

Post Edited ( 04-16-06 19:45 )

Re: mid-air crash - 09El_Boissevain - 16-04-2006

How can I see a small little Cessna from so far?? All I saw was a teeny tiny dot that grew bigger and bigger and then CARSH!! THat happened in ONLY 3
SECONDS!! I tried to pull the stick down to avoid him, but it was too late... But that the heck was a Cessna doing up at 7,000ft anyway??

Capt. El Baaa

Re: mid-air crash - Pablo0007 - 19-04-2006

Hi Capt. El,

Firstly

Quote:I don't want to just ditch a 1000nm journey worth >$500,000 of cash from a prop plane just because I
contacted ground at the destination airport just before parking !!!!!!!

What I mean is using ATC can be done in a couple of was. The one I sudgested, or if you are VFR, try calling the airport you are going to
as soon as it comes on the nearest airports screen and call them for landing. usually they say to do a downwind for the runway. I will
say that I have not had this problem as I do the same as you and ask for takeoff on VFR and the once the tower have said to resume
your own navigation, I go to destination and as I am approaching the airport, around 50 nm I request Class B transition and open
nearested airports on ATC screen untill I have destination airport and ask for landing.

I generally am in Spot View as I don't like to be in the aircraft so I can look around in busy skys for other aircraft. I do not have the general
aviation going as I find them a nuisence at some airports with only a few parking places. May be just have airline traffic only. May Help.SmileSmile

Cheers
Paul