FsPassengers Forums
Helicopter & war zone - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Helicopter & war zone (/showthread.php?tid=6080)

Helicopter & war zone - yaoi161519 - 18-03-2006

I thought I might bring this up since I searched about it on this forum and can't find anything related.

Few days ago I tried to fly a heli (MI-24D, Lago) from Baghdad (I think that's the highest war zone rating on FSPax). and of course the heli
got shot to pieces. Amazingly, eventhough the FSpax copilot has "said" that I Iost an engine, the heli is still flying (Note that the MI24D is
classified as Single Engine by FSPax). So I flew all the way to my intended destination with supposedly failed engine....

And after a very nice landing (kiss) and after all the passengers has been evacuated, I can take off again (Without quitting a flight session
on FSPax).

Anyone else experiencing similiar problem ?.

Re: Helicopter & war zone - fruitfly - 18-03-2006

You're just very good at autorotation! Smile

Re: Helicopter & war zone - yaoi161519 - 18-03-2006

Does autorotation supposed to last for 300 nm ? *lol*

Re: Helicopter & war zone - Ryanamur - 18-03-2006

That's because FsP was not designed for choppers. Yes, you can modify your chopper to be used in conjuction with FsP; however there
are no guarantees as to what will happen (it's also that way for third party addons... they usually work but in some cases, all FsP
functions are always available).

Sorry!

Phil

Re: Helicopter & war zone - calumd - 18-03-2006

it kinda makes sense because if you have an engine flameout in a helicopter you will fall the the ground like a stone Well

Re: Helicopter & war zone - yaoi161519 - 18-03-2006

heh....

No worries, I can always use this flaw to boost my pilot rating. Just a fly chopper on a high rated war zone, it'll be "Invincible" *lol*
And somehow this reminds me of an old TV show titled Airwolf...

Re: Helicopter & war zone - Enzo - 18-03-2006

Quote:it kinda makes sense because if you have an engine flameout in a helicopter you will fall the the ground like a stone
...I'm not quite sure about this one... IS THERE A HELI-PILOT HERE?... as I know you could still use the rotor to slow down your descent
rate... it would still be a very hard landing (or crash), but at an impact speed that would probably save the life of the people on board.

Re: Helicopter & war zone - Mud - 18-03-2006

autorotation video , amazing to watch http://www.laitlatool.com/tomauto.htm

Mud

Re: Helicopter & war zone - Ryanamur - 19-03-2006

Quote:Enzo wrote:
Quote:it kinda makes sense because if you have an engine flameout in a helicopter you will fall the the ground like a stone
...I'm not quite sure about this one... IS THERE A HELI-PILOT HERE?... as I know you could still use the rotor to slow down your descent
rate... it would still be a very hard landing (or crash), but at an impact speed that would probably save the life of the people on board.

I have 35 hrs in a Bell JetRangerII and yes, if you get an engine flame out, you drop like a rock (at least in a one motor chopper). If you
have two or more engines, you should be able to maintain flight but you'd want to land ASAP.

The rotor itself will keep producing lift so that's going to reduce your descent rate but the idea is to keep the rotor at high speed so that
when you get close to the ground you can increase the angle of attack of the blade to create even more lift. This added lift will have two
effects. First, it will greatly reduce your rate of descent (ie: allow you to land roughly as opposed to crash) and second it will decelerate
your rotor.

So, if you check (lift) your collective up too soon during the autorotation, you will run out of energy before you touch down and you will hit
much harder than what is nessecary (in fact if you do it too soon, you might even crash!

Phil