FsPassengers Forums
Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) (/showthread.php?tid=6)

Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - Robjos - 12-03-2005

Thanks Dan!

I have always wanted a program like this ever since I first used FS98 7 years ago. The features look really
amazing (and I know it will be fantastic after using your great DG3 for Orbiter) and I am looking foward to its
release with anticipation. I cant believe FsP has been your only job for the last 9months, you really deserve it to be
a sucess (I will get all my friends to buy it!). Is it going to be available for online download or do you have a
publisher, or both? I really think it should be available on a cd in the shops.

I have an idea which could make this addon even better, although it probably dosent need to be included in the
first release. You could internationalise the copilot/hostess voices (eg. get people from Uk, America and other
countries to record voice samples for you).

This would add even more realism. For example if you are flying a UK registered aircraft you hear British accent
voices, a French aircraft you hear French accent voices. Also is it possible to have differnt money curriencies eg £
for UK companies, Euros for other European countries?

Really good work, Thanks

Robert
(Hopefully doing my JAR-ATPL for real later this year - I want to be a real pilot!)

[edit admin] I edited the title to reflect what's in this thread

Re: Fantastic program! :) - DanSteph - 12-03-2005

FsP is full of *small* feature that no one was informed.
(I'll try to make it clear, sorry for my long confuse explaination that's due to my english limitation.)

here we go: Smile

One of the special feature is that all the crew sound are in "crewpack" directory, the main voice in english
are in the directory Fs2004/FsPassengers/crewpack/default

But one can add a new directory in "crewpack" with somes new voice. For now there is 94 sound in the
directory "default" , but if you want to change only the hostess welcome message for example
you simply add a new directory "Crewpack/my_welcome" and simply add your custom new sound
"crew_welcomeonboard.wav" into it.

Your new directory will now be available in "FsP" so you choose the sound pack "My_Welcome"
in the option and FsP will first attempt to load sounds from this directory if it does not find one sound
it then load it from the defaut directory.

Result: the sound "crew_welcomeonboard.wav" will be loaded from "My_Welcome" directory and all others
from "Default" directory.

Of course one can redo all the sounds or only part of them in a new "soundpack".

You can have for example a new "pack" "1940_ambiance" pack with copilot voice in old style
or only new hostess sound. Those pack should only countain the sound that you want to change.

I don't know if my explaination are clear ? Doubt

In bried it's easy to add new sound pack with only somes sound changed and to select them in FsP
as the "active" one.

Anyway FsP will be bundled with only the defaut pack because 100 more wav or even only 20 would
increase the installation program size and recording all the crew and copilot sound is not an easy task
as it appear.

(For now FSP complete installation program make 14Mo)

Dan

Post Edited ( 03-12-05 15:05 )

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - Robjos - 12-03-2005

Thanks, it sounds like a really neat system and should be nicely expandable.

Just one question, is it possible to set differnt money currencies in FsP e.g £,$,Euros?

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - DanSteph - 12-03-2005

for yet no, notice if it's only the sign change that you want this would be easily done
because FsP use always the same function to make money text, the problem come
with the calculations.... (mhhh thinking about this I might get around this one also)

And last I don't know if there will not be somes problem on some computer with the euro
sign €

Well... I might take a look at this in fact, no promise anyway Wink

Dan

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - Aurell - 12-03-2005

USD is the world reference currency for trading actions today. However, the Euro symbol is a part of Windows character set "CP1252". It not might be a
problem...

Aurell

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - DanSteph - 12-03-2005

Haw finally just matter to ask Smile

I can know change the monney sign,the separator and if the sign is in front or rear.
The option to change the currency will be available in the options.

Dollars:
[Image: dollars.jpg]

Euro:
[Image: euro.jpg]

Livre sterling:
[Image: livre_sterling.jpg]

Others ?

Dan

Post Edited ( 03-12-05 21:32 )

In fact I'll do a "money_currency.cfg" that will be loaded
at start, one would be able to define new currency:
something like:

start of money_currency -----------------------------------------------------------------
Currencyname=dollars
CurrencySign=$
CurrencySignInFront=TRUE;
CurrencySeparator=,
CurrencyExchangeWithDollars=1.0

Currencyname=GBP
CurrencySign=£
CurrencySignInFront=TRUE;
CurrencySeparator=.
CurrencyExchangeWithDollars=1.92609

Currencyname=Euro
CurrencySign=€
CurrencySignInFront=FALSE;
CurrencySeparator='
CurrencyExchangeWithDollars=1.3416
end of money_currency.cfg -------------------------------------------------------------

Dan

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - Aurell - 12-03-2005

You're definitly the best !

Aurell

Re: Fantastic program! :) (question about adding new voices) - DanSteph - 15-03-2005

done see : http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=8

Dan