FsPassengers Forums
I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: I am thinking of uninstalling this now (/showthread.php?tid=5387)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Jetflyer - 27-09-2005

OK I have HAD IT with fake penalties on this BLASTED program. Sorry for the language but I have now got totaly pissed of with this crap. I have just
landded the DC-10 and I retracted its flaps on takeoff at 240kts WHICH IS CORRECT and now on approach I deployed flaps at 210Kts and there was a loud
bang and they froze so the copilot announced they were deployed at excessive speed!!!!! I am very pissed off at this BS.

210Kts is NOT excessive speed and this has never happened before. I have had fake reverse thrust penalties, now this. Dan, dunno who you think you
are, but in my previous posts I have complained about these bugs and nothing's been done or said. I'm just realising that this program is hopeless at
recognising pilot actions and also for handing out fake penalties. I have got 1100 penalty points for that BLOODY flight alone. Here's the flight report:

Flight ID: NF184
Pilot: Richard G Rees-Williams
Company: Hermes Aviation Air Charter
Aircraft: FFX DC-10-30 House Colours
Flight Date: September 27 2005
Departure: 08h34 (15h35 GMT)
Arrival: 15h55 (20h55 GMT)
To: MROC - Juan Santamaria Intl - Costa Rica
Nbr of Passengers: 246

Incident Report:

The flaps were extended at excessive airspeed and were damaged. There was an exceptional pilot on board and despite the dire situation he was able to
land the aircraft safely. The Captain has also declared an emergency before landing.

Report:

Flight Distance: 2,642 Nm Landing Speed: 188.87 kt
Time Airborne: 05h07:47 Landing Touchdown: -170.00 ft/m (nice)
Flight Time (block): 05h21:25 Landing Pitch: 4.37°
Time On Ground: 00h13:51 Landing Weight: 471484 lbs
Average Speed: 514.79 kt Total Fuel Used: 75992 lbs
Max. Altitude: FL 370 Fuel Not Used: 100341 lbs
Climb Time: 00h19:52 Climb Fuel Used: 9464 lbs
Cruise Time: 04h14:05 Cruise Fuel Used: 62178 lbs
Average Cruise Speed: 554.79 kt (M0.91) Cruise fuel/hour: 14682 lbs (calc)
Descent Time: 00h33:50 Descent Fuel Used: 4350 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Exceptional flight (100%)
-Were in a better mood because they had food.
-Were pleased by the music on ground. A very nice addition to their flying experience.
-Were very anxious because of the problem during flight.
-Were relieved to land safely after an emergency.

Financial Report:

Ticket Income: +£125,165 (2,642 Nm)
Cargo Income: +£103,517 (59804 lbs)
Services Income: +£1,096 (0 sandwich 1 hot food 1 drink)
Services Cost: -£1,148 (82% quality)
Fuel Cost: -£17,693 (75992 lbs Jet-A1)
Airport Taxes: -£267 (Heavy Aircraft)
Insurance Costs: -£29,604 (6.48% rate)
Total Real Income: £181,065
Total Income: £9,053,263 (real x50)
Fleet Bonus: £0 (11 aircraft ,no flights today)
Total Sim Income: £9,053,263 (total income+fleet bonus)

Company Reputation:

Considering that the flight was perfect the ticket price normal, the service price normal and the service quality perfect, passengers on this flight
think that your company's reputation should be 100%
Your company reputation is now: 99% (+0.05 increase)

Overall Flight Result: Horrible

Pilot Bonus points: 130 points
You made a very nice landing. (+50)
There was a problem aboard and you declared an emergency. (+50 only you caused the problem)
You landed at the scheduled airport. (+30)

Pilot's Penalty points: -1104 points
You made a serious pilot error that resulted in a critical problem. (-800)
You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 30.45kts (-304)

HOW IN HELL did I exceed max flap speed by 30 kts when I deployed them at 210kts...and retracted them at 240kts, THEY ARE NORMAL SPEEDS FOR THE DC-10

DID YOU NOT RESEARCH ALL THESE PLANES BEFORE MAKING THIS CRAP

And why does it NOT READ THE BLOODY FLAP SPEEDS FROM THE AIRCRAF.CFG FILE. ITS ****.

I used to enjoy this addon and think it to be excellent in general but this lets it down BIG TIME. I do my flying and do it well then it throws this crap at you and says YOU DID IT. What the f*** ever. I have a RIGHT to complain.

Well I added the flight anyway to my log because I'm still having those hours I did they are not going to waste. At least it shows that I did my bit right and your program is bloody bug ridden and flawed mate. That's all I can say.

Post Edited ( 09-27-05 23:14 )

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Mud - 27-09-2005

Think you need some rest .

-Mud

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - DBE - 27-09-2005

Sorry Jetflyer, but all I can say is that your post is probably the result of a couple of stressful days battling with faulty hardware followed by a
unsuccessful FsP flight.

I will not accept such statements as "your program is bloody bug ridden and flawed mate" or "DID YOU NOT RESEARCH ALL THESE PLANES BEFORE MAKING
THIS CRAP" related to an add-on I (and a myriad other peeps) have grown to love.

May I suggest you get a good night's sleep before analyzing your flight report one more time?

And, in any case, think before you speak!

===>> Please note: no [sarcasm] smiley!

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Jetflyer - 27-09-2005

I'm sorry but I'm not mad, not tired, not exhausted, angry or anything like that.

I want to know why I got a flap failure for deploying them at 210Kts on a DC-10. Yes I know exactly what the speeds were as well. I actually have a
memory. I've already said how seriously I take this sim stuff and I know when I'm doing things right or wrong.

Sorry to say this but the only way to make this program realistic is to disable EVERY penalty. Seriously. I am sick of it telling me I exceeded this,
did that, damaged the other when I KNOW full well what I did and didn't do.

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - DBE - 27-09-2005

How did you manage to get to C12 then?

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Dutch64 - 27-09-2005

Well, i can imagine you're upset but next time maybe calm down a bit before you write a message. Show me any software which is free of bugs after a
few months, even after a few years. Come on, relax....

On my way to getting to C12 I've had several fake penalties, most for using reverse thrust under 60kts when I actually had correctly disabled the
penalty, and a penalty when I exceed Max Takeoff Weight but got no indication that I had done at all. (weight slider said 99% MTOW). Over 75% of my
penalty points are from faulty programming.

I am not lying. I am an honest person and I hope someone is willing to put time into sorting these problems out. How hard can it be to find the
correct flaps speeds for major types of airliners and make the program aware of them? I might sound rude but sorry, I can't help that. It's just what
I believe. If it's really meant to be as "real as it gets" then let's see correct data for these planes.

If 240kts is breaking the flaps then could someone kindly tell me what speed I should never exceed with flaps, until a patch is released to correct this?

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - DanSteph - 27-09-2005

>>on this BLASTED program
>>Dan, dunno who you think you are, but in my previous posts I have complained about these bugs and nothing's been done or said.
>>I am very pissed off at this BS.
>>DID YOU NOT RESEARCH ALL THESE PLANES BEFORE MAKING THIS CRAP
>>YOU DID IT. What the f*** ever. I have a RIGHT to complain.

>>Dan, dunno who you think you are,

A normal guy that don't deserve to be insulted because you lost 1000 points. Would you
post this to anyone else I would have moderated your post.

Now I suggest you cool down and we might find a
solution for your problem when you'll be calmed.

Thanks for reading.

Dan

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - JayKae - 27-09-2005

Someone has got a bee in their bonnet

OK well, 1000 points that I didn't deserve to lose, but apart from that, is it possible to have correct speeds understood by the program so I can
actually takeoff in the DC-10 without retracting flaps early to avoid a penatly, and ending up stalling instead?

I mean, in the next update, perhaps? I would have thought that the websites of manufacturers of these actual planes and the designers of the aircraft
models would have this information that they'd allow you to use. I'd be happy if this was possible.

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - pudclarke - 27-09-2005

Blimey - makes my rant in my post (one very fed up pilot...) seem like a love letter Smile

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - SE-TMA - 27-09-2005

Well, I suggest everyone stop picking on Jetflyer now. He's made his point and "repented" from the badmouthing. So, let's focus on the issue here.

I've never had any "illegal" penalties (except when flying PSS Dash8 and having Beacon / Strobe Penalties due to the switch setting), so I guess it's
kinda airplane specific. I'm sure Dan will have something to fix this. (At least I hope so)

Well, in that case I seem to have very bad luck choosing my planes. The FFX DC-10 and POSKy 757 seem to have all these "fake penalty" problems at least.

For now at least I am disabling the flap speeds penalties, as there is no way these can be operated when airplane specific speeds are not known.

Post Edited ( 09-28-05 00:44 )

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - Jetflyer - 28-09-2005

OK this is crazy I just took the DC-10 out on a test flight searching for the problem to try and recreate it, I retracted flaps on takeoff at 220kts,
deploying them for landing at 220kts also. Here are the results: (I used a default company for the test).

Flight ID: CI496
Pilot: Jack High
Company: Pacifica Airlines
Aircraft: FFX DC-10-30 House Colours
Flight Date: September 27 2005
Departure: 10h37 (10h37 GMT)
Arrival: 10h45 (10h45 GMT)
To: HLLS - Sebha - Libya
Nbr of Passengers: 334

Report:

Flight Distance: 0 Nm Landing Speed: 125.92 kt
Time Airborne: 00h05:40 Landing Touchdown: -88.5 ft/m (kiss)
Flight Time (block): 00h07:32 Landing Pitch: 2.57°
Time On Ground: 00h02:26 Landing Weight: 502744 lbs
Average Speed: 7.13 kt Total Fuel Used: 3151 lbs
Max. Altitude: 4711ft Fuel Not Used: 178080 lbs

Passenger Opinion: Bad flight (50%)
-Are angry because they didn't reach their destination (flight too short).

Overall Flight Result: Very poor

Pilot Bonus points: 50 points
You made a very smooth landing. (+50)

Pilot's Penalty points: -181 points
You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 18.17kts (-181)

Something's wrong here.

Post Edited ( 09-28-05 01:03 )

Re: I am thinking of uninstalling this now - alphaone - 28-09-2005

It sounds like a problem with the posky aircraft.cfg files. I've NEVER had any of these problems with any plane i've ever flown with fsp. Granted
I've never flown any posky planes yet though (don't plan to. I'm hooked on high quality payware stuff).