FsPassengers Forums
Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Crash to desktop ? please read here: (/showthread.php?tid=4818)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Crash to desktop ? please read here: - DanSteph - 23-07-2005

Hello,

Since 4 month now the latest release have cleared all CTD caused by FsPassengers
and it seem given the amount of people that don't have problem and the amount
of people that have solved the CTD using one or other solution that there is now litle
chance that FsPassengers is the root cause of CTD.
First be sure to have the latest version see the FAQ here:
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq&question=17

Now here what people have found that give a solution to CTD:

It seem some crash are related to graphic driver as someone was able to clear it
with an update of the driver. (work flawlessly for him now)

It seem there is another possible problem that come from "edit voicepack" a feature
that is not related to FsP, this may be the famous sound "ATC" CTD...
As edit voicepack have released a new version that cause CTD at the exact
time of FSP release it might seem come from FsP wich is not..
I join pagir's post that explain that at the end of this post.

Some people have solved the crash by deleting the "aerocore.dll" from aerosoft
in the folder "modules" (I doesn't do anything appart giving link to their website)

Some crash are caused by complex specific aircraft...

Most crash seem to be related to scenery... see if you have third party add-ons

Here's pagir post about the "edit voicepack" bug:
Quote:pagir wrote:
Did you update the edit voicepack recently???

Some crashes are related with it. See this thread:

(404: The post of this link doesn't existe anymore)

Those are the dates of the last Edit Voicepack Update from:

http://www.editvoicepack.com/DownloadOfflineUpdate.aspx

EditVoicepackUpdate2005-07-12_163509.EvpUpd 1872 kb 2005-07-12 16:35:09 6 days
EditVoicepackUpdate2005-07-05_181611.EvpUpd 1868 kb 2005-07-05 18:16:11 13 days
EditVoicepackUpdate2005-06-29_184331.EvpUpd 1867 kb 2005-06-29 18:43:31 19 days

As you know, The voicepack can update itself. So maybe you weren't aware of this update.

And as you can see, at least two updates were done about at the same time than FsP was released.

Please, confirm if your system is using edit voicepack or not.

Pagir

Here another post from Mick that solve also the problem:
Quote:Okay, trying something else, loading another aircraft directly standing at a gate at EDDP - crash again. Next step
was loading Filemon.exe from
Sysinternals (http://www.sysinternals.com) to trace what my naughty Fs9 is doing on the harddisk. Last file was a
scenery bgl. Interesting, heard sometime
ago something about seasonal cdt.
Lets give it a try. Loading again, but change to dawn. Surprise, surprise - No Crash!
The same with dusk and night time - No Crash again. Loading at Daytime - Crash.
Change the date from 23.10.2005 to 23.09.2005 - No Crash!

I remember several similar crashes at airports in the past which have not been the default ones but addon
sceneries. When I deinstalled those
candidates the result was always no more crashes at the know active default ones.

My conclusion was, it must have to do something with the textures. A little research at http://forums.avsim.net/ gave
the easy and finally working
solution.

Simply loading Terrain.cfg to notepad and replace all

MaskClassMap=1 to MaskClassMap=0

and all

MaskClassMap=3 to MaskClassMap=0

From this point on everthing works fine again without crashes (fingers double crossed!). Found this in a thread
from 2002:

http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=121&topic_id=186004&mode=full

Maybe this information may help some of you guys too!

Mick!

Another post related to scenery:

Quote:Steve Mc Lean wrote:
Hi all, I need to share what I found.

I finally solved my recuring CTD problems and they were "not" FSP related.

Somehow, FS doesn't like a lot of things that we tend to do with it particularily, with the add-on sceneries and their updates and fancy
panels. In my case, it turns out that most of the problems came from duplicate AFCAD files. These will crash FS straight to desktop
without any error report even so, many hundereds of miles away from the area you are flying.

To scan your AFCAD files, download the following tool: "scanafd 1.0" from, http://www.avsim.com/ . search for
"scanafd.zip".
When you run it check the box, "show duplicates" in the left window you will see a list of duplicate AFCAD files you have and
on the right
the details of each duplicate files; name size ect. choose the one you want to keep and, delete the others. You will find that scanning the
whole default scenery is not required unless you have added files there yourself.

Also, my second problem causing CTD's was related to some panels and the GPS utility causing the terrain.dll and gps.dll fault and the
error reports.

These were caused by corrupted nav data points used by some panels. The gps tries to map two coordinates for the same point and
goes nuts, the result, CTD. The only way I found to fix that is to avoid opening the GPS window when you use a panel that uses a FMC
using its own nav data such as some FDPA gauges and the Nav Data 2002 utility and like. I have tried to rebuild the index of the nav
database many times without results. It still CTD'ed FS but, by removing all references to the GPS in the Panel.cfg solved this. At least in
my case. By the way if anyone knows how to successfuly rebuild the nav databas of that program please let me know.

Also, the CTD's from above were also caused by some corrupted bgl files from sceneries, landclass or simply by a bad texture file, ex:
wrong format of bmp, that alone was enough to bring the gps.dll, terrain.dll fault and the ctd's.

Finally, at the very begining of my CTD galore, some were related to my updating of the FS voice pack. These were solved by restoring the
original one.

In conclusion, I used to CTD 7 out of 8 times before fixing all that. Now, I am 5 in 5 so far. I had to read a lot of posts before getting some
real answers and, in many different forums. But I must admit, even though I was tempted in pointing the finger at FSP, they were right, the
problem lied on my end of the stick.

Now, FSP still has some bugs but, most CTD's related problems come from FS and the way we handle the add-ons. At least in my case.
Hopefully the saga is behind me and now I can enjoy flying passengers around.

regards!

Steve

Here a program "FsAutostart" freeware that solved also CTD for people:
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12088

Dan

Post Edited ( 11-28-05 16:06 )

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Pracines - 23-07-2005

Dan,

I have only had 2 CTD's since the day FSP was released (I just had the 2nd a few moments ago). The 2nd CTD was abrupt and with no
report available. I have been flying the same plane to the same 2 airports for a full week every day with several trips back and fourth each
day. So I am not able to be of much help (since the CTD's are very rare), but I do fly VERY often and I would like to "beta test" if you still
need help.

Thank you

PR

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - polson - 24-07-2005

Hi Dan,
I would be interested in beta testing for you as I have a lot of beta test experience and I am getting CTD's with the demo version. I posted
my problems some time ago but was not able to test it further until yesterday. It seems that some flights I can complete and others I can
not, more often than not I can not complete flights with the PMDG 737. I have tried changing drivers for almost everything so I do not
believe that drivers are the issue. I am going to do more testing tonight to try and narrow my problem down a bit and I'll let you know. In
the mean time I would be happy to help you beta your new version if you still need me.

Thanks,
Philip Olson

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Gibbmusic - 24-07-2005

I've had at least 2 CTDs since installing FSP myself. The are abrupt with no error messages, pop-ups, or anything. One second you're
flying along happy and the next second you're staring at your desktop in disbelief.

There goes two more hours of flying time...arrrgh.

I wish I could help here, maybe the next patch will fix it by 'accident'.

Gibbmusic

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - sascha - 24-07-2005

Hi all,

I have just found another issue which may help: the FS9 internal flight planner will not work from KSFO in the create flight menu, only if a flight
has already been started! Can'tt wait for an update!

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - DanSteph - 24-07-2005

Quote:sascha wrote:
Hi all,
I have just found another issue which may help: the FS9 internal flight planner will not work from KSFO in the create flight menu, only if a
flight has already been started! Can'tt wait for an update!

FsP is inactive if a flight is not started so that is a strange bug...
what do you attempt to do exactly and what doesn't work ?

Dan

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - pagir - 28-07-2005

Here's an interesting post of Steve from another thread:

Quote:Steve Mc Lean wrote:
Hi all, I need to share what I found.

I finally solved my recuring CTD problems and they were "not" FSP related.

Somehow, FS doesn't like a lot of things that we tend to do with it particularily, with the add-on sceneries and their updates and fancy
panels. In my case, it turns out that most of the problems came from duplicate AFCAD files. These will crash FS straight to desktop
without any error report even so, many hundereds of miles away from the area you are flying.

To scan your AFCAD files, download the following tool: "scanafd 1.0" from, http://www.avsim.com/ . search for
"scanafd.zip".
When you run it check the box, "show duplicates" in the left window you will see a list of duplicate AFCAD files you have and
on the right
the details of each duplicate files; name size ect. choose the one you want to keep and, delete the others. You will find that scanning the
whole default scenery is not required unless you have added files there yourself.

Also, my second problem causing CTD's was related to some panels and the GPS utility causing the terrain.dll and gps.dll fault and the
error reports.

These were caused by corrupted nav data points used by some panels. The gps tries to map two coordinates for the same point and
goes nuts, the result, CTD. The only way I found to fix that is to avoid opening the GPS window when you use a panel that uses a FMC
using its own nav data such as some FDPA gauges and the Nav Data 2002 utility and like. I have tried to rebuild the index of the nav
database many times without results. It still CTD'ed FS but, by removing all references to the GPS in the Panel.cfg solved this. At least in
my case. By the way if anyone knows how to successfuly rebuild the nav databas of that program please let me know.

Also, the CTD's from above were also caused by some corrupted bgl files from sceneries, landclass or simply by a bad texture file, ex:
wrong format of bmp, that alone was enough to bring the gps.dll, terrain.dll fault and the ctd's.

Finally, at the very begining of my CTD galore, some were related to my updating of the FS voice pack. These were solved by restoring the
original one.

In conclusion, I used to CTD 7 out of 8 times before fixing all that. Now, I am 5 in 5 so far. I had to read a lot of posts before getting some
real answers and, in many different forums. But I must admit, even though I was tempted in pointing the finger at FSP, they were right, the
problem lied on my end of the stick.

Now, FSP still has some bugs but, most CTD's related problems come from FS and the way we handle the add-ons. At least in my case.
Hopefully the saga is behind me and now I can enjoy flying passengers around.

regards!

Steve

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - A|EXANDRE - 04-08-2005

Hi guys,

I Donloades the Voice Pack now where and how do i install it, those steps do not make any sense to me, maybe im just stupid I'm stupid

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Chris B. - 04-08-2005

I had a problem with tower handing me off to ground soon after landing and departing the runway. I installed FS Manager and the
problem have gone away.

One great reason why I though I'd try out FS Manager is because it enables the crashing ability of aircraft in FS9. Wings and tails can rip
off. Fires blaze, etc. It's freeware and worked great for me for it solved my problem!

Chris B.

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Psycho762 - 06-08-2005

Howdie,
2 crashes sofar flying the level-d 767. In both instances i tried to switch com1 to get ATIS before arrival and Boom a black screen and FS9
crash. Do i want to report the error to MicroSoft. No. Just got a report from them to buy 2 licenses for Windows XP...
I noticed the radio crash concerns airports which don't have an ATIS in FS9 like OMAA (Bahrein intl.)
Why i switched to a field without ATIS? I didn't knew that at that time. Hate to pause FSP to watch in the FS9 map. Got to be there at time...

Regards,
Psycho762

Post Edited ( 08-07-05 23:08 )

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Iberiaorbit - 07-08-2005

Hum, I am flying from Madrid to Tenerife. This is the third time FS9 CTD just before reach Sevilla. The first twice I was having
passengers, but this last time I didn't. I also deleted the german copilot and the Spanish attendant (pretty bad southamerican accent
though). It CTD anyway. So I suppose this is not related to FSP, since in this last flight I didn't even open it. I have to make more tests to
reach a conclussion.

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - b717 - 08-08-2005

Hello

Have used the FSP mainly with the Maddog from Lago and the DC-9 from Stellan Hilmerby, both without any major problems. I also have
the MD-80 from MdMax and this locks up flightsim every time FSP has finished its passenger and cargo loading. I do not get the normal
CTD message where you can see wich module causes the crash. The first thing that happens after FSP has loaded the aircraft is that
the FSP meny in FS9 disappears. Then it is only a question of time (some time 1 minute, some times 10 minutes) before FS9 locs up
the computer. Only way to reset is the hard way with the power switch. This does only occure so far with the MdMax, but it may perhaps
bee fixed with the next update that makes it possible to disable the FSP loader.

Jan Henrik Eriksen
ENGM

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - DBE - 08-08-2005

Guys (and girls),

I too used to suffer the pains of CTDs...until I discovered FSAutostart.

As the prog's homepage states: "FSAutoStart gives the user the ability to automatically shutdown services and programs to provide as much resources to
running today's most demanding games and applications. It also provides the ability to launch selected programs after the selected application is
launched. Lastly, it can automatically restart those programs and services previously shutdown, thus bringing the computer back to its original
state. It also adds performance enhancing options like Defragment Memory."

So: I've got it setup to:

a) Shutdown all unnecessary tasks (and believe me, there are TONS!)
b) Startup FDC
c) Startup ActiveSky
d) Start FS2004

Grab it here: http://www.kensalter.com/fsautostart/

And trust me: it works; haven't had an uninterrupted flight since (apart from last Saturday when a BA 737 decided to trundle over the runway just when
I was taking off, but that's another story)!

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - Curtis - 11-08-2005

I am having the problem of everything freezing up and there is nothing that I can do once it has occured but to shut down the PC, it does
not respond to any commands like ctrl+ alt+del?
Can this be an FSP problem and do the various fixes underscored in the above posts work for this problem?

Thanks

Re: Crash to desktop ? please read here: - drayton_k - 20-08-2005

Hi,

I too have had crashes like Jan says below, and more so after I bought "Walk and Follow" by IGFLY. I looked in the eventvwr and it was
related to their module that was installed. I have since removed the module and W&F and am yet to try again.
Now I did have this problem a couple of times with the LD767 and that was before I purchased FS PAssengers, so I dont think this
problem is directly related to FS Passengers and maybe to another DLL file that is used by another addon, possbly Level D.

Regards

Drayton

[quote]b717 wrote:
Hello

The first thing that happens after FSP has loaded the aircraft is that
the FSP menu in FS9 disappears. Then it is only a question of time (some time 1 minute, some times 10 minutes) before FS9 locs up
the computer. Only way to reset is the hard way with the power switch. quote]