FsPassengers Forums
some oddities! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: some oddities! (/showthread.php?tid=4567)

some oddities! - briansommers - 09-07-2005

ok, i did my first flight, with the FSD Piper Navajo and at the end it gave me negative pilot points because :

1. i didnt have the flaps set correctly, - well i did! i set it according to the checklist, the checklist said you can have 0 flaps set for normal
takeoff

2. i didnt turn on the seat belt sign, once again i did, now i turned it on the panel, do i still then need to do ctrl+shft+b ?? in addition?

i think i might disable those, ... ill see

Re: some oddities! - DanSteph - 09-07-2005

the panel's button of aircraft are always fake button that aren't connected to anything, FS2004 don't carry any value
for belt button.

if you want a working belt button with FSP look the doc -if I remember- "10k addin a belt sign on your panel."

About flaps , sorry I had to make a choice: let people take-off/landing without flaps (95% time they are needed)
or making such option that 0 flaps set always a penality...

anyway you can disable flaps penalty in more_option.cfg, look at the config folder of FsP

Dan

Re: some oddities! - briansommers - 09-07-2005

so then zero flaps is ALLWAYS going to be a penalty??

mmmmm.. i will have to disable flaps if thats the case

Re: some oddities! - SpectroPro - 10-07-2005

For the record, and I fly a Navajo occasionally, you absolutely CAN take off with flaps. So don't shut it off because you think it's wrong. It is
NOT always wrong, and the plane takes off just fine if you use them. I do in real life. Hint: Take off with 1 set of flaps. As soon as you lift
off main gear, fly level for a few seconds to pick up more speed. Start your climb out and upon positive climb, retract the flaps. Perfect take off,
every time.

Re: some oddities! - DanSteph - 10-07-2005

I used to take-off without flaps in a robin dr420 also (real I mean)
even a 737 is able to do that... just need a longer airway

Anyway the way to go if you really want to do that is the "more_option.cfg"

Dan

Re: some oddities! - Ryanamur - 10-07-2005

Quote:SpectroPro wrote:
For the record, and I fly a Navajo occasionally, you absolutely CAN take off with flaps. So don't shut it off because you think it's wrong. It is
NOT always wrong, and the plane takes off just fine if you use them. I do in real life. Hint: Take off with 1 set of flaps. As soon as you lift
off main gear, fly level for a few seconds to pick up more speed. Start your climb out and upon positive climb, retract the flaps. Perfect take off,
every time.

As far as FsP is concerned, make sure you keep the flaps out until at least 150' AGL... just to make sure that the program sees that you did set your
flaps on T/O Wink