FsPassengers Forums
[solved] When installing. - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [solved] When installing. (/showthread.php?tid=4546)

[solved] When installing. - [froost] - 08-07-2005

Hi.

I just reinstalled windows and cant find my flightsimulator cd´s cause we just moved.
And because i reinstalled windows then fspassenger dont think i have flightsimulator installed and refuse to install..

I wish there was a "browse" button on the installer so i can point it to flightsimulator..

Is there a way to add a key or something to the registry or something so fsp can find the flightsim folder?

/froost

Post Edited ( 07-08-05 22:00 )

Re: When installing. - JayKae - 08-07-2005

If I understand correctly you have not installed FS2004 in the correct folder, if that is the case just move the whole folder called "Flight
Simulator 9" to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games and drop the folder in there, that should work if it is a clean install, at least from my
experience.

Hope that helps

Re: When installing. - [froost] - 08-07-2005

Quote:JayKae wrote:
If I understand correctly you have not installed FS2004 in the correct folder, if that is the case just move the whole folder called "Flight
Simulator 9" to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games and drop the folder in there, that should work if it is a clean install, at least from
my
experience.

Hope that helps

Thx for the answer but u got me wrong m8.
First off, there is no "right" folder since u can install apps/games wherever u want to.

I reinstalled windows wich i have on c:\ and flightsimulator is in f:\games\flight (i cant reinstal fs9 because my cd´s are in a box
somewhere)
Fsp dont know that i alreay have fs9 installed.. Because its not in the registry

And because i reinstalled windows then fspassenger dont think i have flightsimulator installed and refuse to install..

The path to the game aint in the registry anymore since i reinstalled windows, u know what i mean ?

Post Edited ( 07-08-05 16:32 )

There are some addons where Fs9 HAS to be in the "right" location ... example would be the old Project Fokker series. Anyway I
understand what you mean, the following will probably help you, it is by tweakfs, it is freeware and this is the download link

http://tweakfs.com/download/fs9path_utility.zip

Hope that helps

Thx for that proggie jaykae, but it said "it appears registry is blank or does not exist"

May i ask u what ur string in the registry look like (the path to fs9) that way i might be able to add it myself Smile
Thx alot for helping me m8 Smile

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

Is that what you meant , by the way I do not see why the proggie didnt work because that is how I fixed mine a while back when I got a
new HDD

Re: When installing. - fruitfly - 08-07-2005

Have I understood you right: your PC doesn't know your FS9 is on the HD?
Well show him where is it!
There IS such a "browser" and it is called Registry editor.
Do this:
Go to START - Run - type 'regedit' without quotations, and follow the path - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -SOFTWARE - Microsoft - Microsoft
Games - Flight Simulator - 9 - klick on the folder 9 and on the right you'll see 'exe path'! Double click and write the adress of FS9 on your
Hard drive.
That should do!
Wink

Re: When installing. - Deacon - 08-07-2005

Try creating the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight SImulator 9 and don't worry about putting anything in it. Now run the installer.
Whenthe installer is finished, you should see two subdirectories in the FS9 directory, FsPassengers and Modules. Copy both directories over to your
existing FS9 directory, wherever that is, and abswer "yes" when asked if you want to overwrite folders. YOu will simply add the FsPassengers directory
to FS9 and the FsPassengers.dll to the existing Modules directory.

You may be required to add additional components, such as a Modules directory or copy of FS9.exe, to the temporary Flight Simulator 9 directory you
created so that the install will find what it needs.

I'm sure Dan will add the selectable directory in an installation file fix in the near future.

Ok, I should have thought of that, definately time to go to bed lol

Quote:Deacon wrote:
Try creating the directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight SImulator 9 and don't worry about putting anything in it. Now run the
installer.
Whenthe installer is finished, you should see two subdirectories in the FS9 directory, FsPassengers and Modules. Copy both directories
over to your
existing FS9 directory, wherever that is, and abswer "yes" when asked if you want to overwrite folders. YOu will simply add the
FsPassengers directory
to FS9 and the FsPassengers.dll to the existing Modules directory.

You may be required to add additional components, such as a Modules directory or copy of FS9.exe, to the temporary Flight Simulator 9
directory you
created so that the install will find what it needs.

I'm sure Dan will add the selectable directory in an installation file fix in the near future.

I just tried that, fsp still dont want to install "sorry fs2004´s directory not found"

the installer is checking the registry Hunappy

Quote:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

If i knew what the "strings" were named (that is located in this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0") and so on i guess i could solve this, like if a string is named "installdir" and if the path in that
should look something like this "f:\games\flight sim\fs9.exe"

Here is a pic of what im talkin about so i dont confuse u guys to much hehe http://home.no/froost/reg.jpg

Can someone take a screenshot of ur registry entry like i did please Smile that way i can install fsp

Post Edited ( 07-08-05 19:04 )

Re: When installing. - DanSteph - 08-07-2005

1-launch regedit
2-create a key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\9.0

into that key create a value ang give the path where your Fs9 is located:
example:
"EXE Path"="C:\\jeux\\Fs2004"

I'll definitivelly do a "search Fs2004" button in the installer for those case....
but usually ANYONE that installed Fs9 by the normal CD should have this key...
strange ?

Dan

I will try that dan, Reason that my path is gone is cause i reinstalled windows and have flight sim on another partition.
Flightsim works like a charm but fsp cant find it.

Im gonna create a string like u said, Thx

Re: When installing. - DanSteph - 08-07-2005

next version will have a browse button as I said...
I plan a new upgrade withitn one month at least...

Dan