FsPassengers Forums
[Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines (/showthread.php?tid=3419)

[Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Florian Wassmann - 16-03-2009

Hello,

as an optional feature for a future version of FSP, I would like to suggest a black list of (your) airlines. As a panalty for a bad company result and
may critical pilot errors, step by step more an more countries should permit approach on their airports. For example with less than 75%, European
contries and the USA permit landing. Bad pilots may only be allowed to approach in less developed countries, for instance.

What do you think about it?

Regards from Hanover/Hannover,

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - UK-1133 - 17-03-2009

I think this is a great idea.
Ring Team America, sure they will help you Smile

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Valoran - 17-03-2009

Interesting thought. I would assume it's nearly impossible to integrate with the present software coding. There isn't anything in FS to tie it
to. FS doesn't refuse landing for any airport in any situation so Dan would literally have to add code not just to FSPax but to FS itself. Still,
it's an interesting idea.

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - UK-1133 - 17-03-2009

Well, It could disable ATC talking to you in thoes areas, or get a response like "You are not authorized to use this channel. ATC Session Aborted*"
or turn thoes areas into "mild" dangerzones, such as jets coming at you Wink

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Eastbeast - 17-03-2009

This could be nice.. But little offtopic / i saw blog of one guys who is making fs (11)? and he had some points that he want in new sim,
one was -pilot ranks C(x) ... Cant Dan work for theyr team and fs 11 will be original game with Passengers? i think, if dan will have group
of programes under him, it will be awesome to see what they done. Dont take it seriously, just my opinions Smile

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Florian Wassmann - 17-03-2009

Another, more easier way could be to le FSP check it "after landing" while calculate the results. If you land without permission, FSP-flight ends with
a high fee instead of a fine income. Only in case of an emergency landing should be allowed anywhere. I just wondering, if there should be a warning
before aborting flight automaticly with setting parking brake. May we can fit two already existing features together...

1.) FSP can, of cause, detect landing of an aircraft (of cause)
2.) FSP can check where you landed

This second program procedure should run in backround when the first routine works.

Best regards. = )

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Valoran - 17-03-2009

I suppose it could work as a fine/penalty. It would still suck to fly 8+ hours and find it had been a complete waste. You would need to
know who didn't like you before you flew.

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Tracker801 - 17-03-2009

I doubt there will ever be one as it has nothing to add to the program itself.
But if there ever will be one I vote for Sky Air World to be #1 lol

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Florian Wassmann - 18-03-2009

Quote:I suppose it could work as a fine/penalty. It would still suck to fly 8+ hours and find it had been a complete waste. You would need to
know who didn't like you before you flew.

May there can be a info while set destination on starting-flight menue of FSP. I suggest to use only a small icon beside the ICAO-Code or anything
else - it should not be too easy for the pilot that flew so bad before Wink

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - SkyAirWorld - 18-03-2009

Oi!! Doubt

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Florian Wassmann - 18-03-2009

While thinking about my last posting, I came to a nice conclusion concerning this. If there would be a check while typing arrival destination, more
pilots would use the tool to set the destination before flight. Okay, in case of an emergency or anything like that, there always would be the
possibility to change the destination during flight.

The mainproblem would be, to let FSP know, in which country the destination is located. Is there a possibility to use the FS internal database for it.
This database already includes all the country data for every several airport and avoids the FSP-Team to add a country code to each airport in the
database. I think, that later the permissions of landing should be handled like scenarios. This creates a variability of it without a eternal
"blaming" some countries, which allowes landings (like different states of the so called Third-World) always.

As a suggestion to make it happen in the most simpliest way, for the begin (beta) it would be okay to sort the airports by continent only with some
restrictions in North America and Europe.

Would it be a possible way? Wonder

Regards

Post Edited ( 03-18-09 14:48 )

Re: [Suggestion] Blacklist of Airlines - Valoran - 18-03-2009

The first letter of the ICAO code is the country/region designator. FSP could probably be trained to look for that. I still wouldn't hold your
breath for this to be included. It is an interesting discussion though. Smile

Post Edited ( 03-18-09 18:32 )