FsPassengers Forums
Possible Vista problem - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Possible Vista problem (/showthread.php?tid=3279)

Possible Vista problem - UK2000 Scenery - 23-12-2008

Hi there

I'm a big fan of FSpas, been using the FS9 version for years. Just installed into FSX Sp1 running vista 32 and FSX now hangs. When I run FSX I
hear the FS pass 'Welcome' sounds, while displaying the FSX title, it then hangs for ever, if I take out the entry from the DLL.CFG it works again.

I have tried it in XP and it works fine, I noticed it does not sound the 'Welcome' sounds, but display the help page. So maybe thats a clue for you.

I run my vista32 so it looks like XP , without any of Vista aero and turn off all the protection it systems, Personally I hate Vista, but I have to
have for the programs I make.

Anyway, if anyone else gets a similar feel free to add to this post. For now I will use on my XP PC

Cheers

Post Edited ( 12-23-08 18:04 )

Re: Possible Vista problem - shortspecialbus - 23-12-2008

I can confirm it working on Vista 64 bit. Are you running FSX SP1 or SP2 on your XP install?

-stefan

Re: Possible Vista problem - dannye92 - 23-12-2008

all working fine my vista 64 here aswell

Re: Possible Vista problem - ameval - 23-12-2008

are you running fsx as an administrator?

I can also confirm that I do *not* run FSX as an administrator, at least not yet.

-stefan

Re: Possible Vista problem - CrashGordon - 23-12-2008

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and had no problem with FSPX.

Re: Possible Vista problem - UK2000 Scenery - 23-12-2008

I have Sp2 on the XP PC(well acceleration), and SP1 on the Vista32. I cant change to SP2 on the vista as I need both versions for testing scenery.

The Vista PC also has XP bootable drive, so I will boot up on that one with same FSX version and see if thats stops it

Im sure most of you are fine running FSPX on Vista, but for now I cant figure out what it is on this PC, I've taken away all the other DLL modules,
I will also try and reinstall FSX and let you know if that solves it.

Post Edited ( 12-23-08 20:38 )

That works, running XP on the problem PC

So the exact same PC that was running Vista Home32, that is now running XP with the same FSX files now correctly runs FSPX. Not sure if reinstalled
FSX is now going to achive anything, so I will not do that.

It may be something strange with my Vista32, its not that old and not much changed, but who knows it could be anything.

Its a modern PC, E8500,4GB ram with a ATI 4800 Graphics card, I guess its case of waiting to see if anyone else gets the same effect. Just to restate the point at
which it fails is that when FSX starts and FSPX initializes it plays the sound, but the help screen does not appear and FSX hangs forever.

Post Edited ( 12-23-08 20:41 )

Remove everything from your trusted section of your fsx.conf file and reauthorize all the fspassengers DLLs. It's possible something is goofy with that in Vista.

-stefan

Tried that doesn't help, But I have got it working !

I noticed when running on XP the help screen had a click box to stop it from displaying. So I click it, then notice which file was changed and it
was FSPX config.cfg file in BIN folder, I then copy that file from the XP PC to other PC and presto it works!

So it certainly related to the that help screen at start up on this PC, it refuses to display. I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but its certainly
worth monitoring the situation in coming weeks in case it pops up again with someone else.

Im now using the software, even better than the FS9 version, well done.

Cheers

Gary

Post Edited ( 12-23-08 21:09 )

Glad you got it working. I bet what was happening was the window was hidden on a second monitor or stuck behind the splash screen or some such, so you never saw it to close it. FOr anyone
else that this happens to, try alt tabbing around a bit or make sure your second monitor is turned on.

-stefan

You may have it!

Yes I do have a second monitor (tv) attached for watching my media player, but most of time its off. Thanks