FsPassengers Forums
[latest dev news] I start reworking the company creation - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [latest dev news] I start reworking the company creation (/showthread.php?tid=30)

[latest dev news] I start reworking the company creation - DanSteph - 25-03-2005

ONLY FOR PEOPLE INTTERESTED BY FSPASSENGERS DEVELLOPMENT

I'm not satisfied by company creation yet, it's too limited so I'll rework a bit this.

My idea is to allow two type of game when you start a company:

1-free flight custom setting

You choose all the settings, economical mode or not, instant record or not, cash at start
this is an never-ending game because there is no goal appart making your company grow.

2-"mission game"

You will be able to choose in a list a number of predefined setting and goal for your company
and you will be able to "win" those game.

This system will be very flexible because those "mission" will be defined in CFG file and
anyone would be able to modify or add more...
FsP will be delivered with 5-10 mission already defined.

So basicall you'll have a CFG file in a directory that will look like this one below:

Code:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
TitleOfGame        =Fight for reputation    // max 30 characters

[start_Description]
You must reach 100% reputation with your company, you don't have a lot of cash at start
and you must have at least 10 aircraft that weight at least 80 ton to win this game.
[end_description]

Difficulty              =2        //0=easy 1=medium 2=hard 3=very hard (just an indication for player)
Economical_Mode         =1        //1=yes 0=no
Instant_Record          =0        //1=yes 0=no
StartCashDollars        =100000000    //the start cash of company in dollars
StartingReputation      =65        //the reputation at start
IncomeMultiplier        =20        //the income multiplier for each flight
ReputationMultiplier    =10        //1 to 100 (%) how each flight's result modify the company's reputation
FixedFailureSetting     =        //0-100 failure chance each flight (if set disable player's option)
FailureTypeAllowed      =        //1=easy only 2=easy and medium 3=easy to hard (if set disable option)

//-------------------------------------------------------------------
// below are the victory condition, leave blank the parameters that
// must not be taken in account for victory
//-------------------------------------------------------------------

ReputationToReach       =100        // 0 to 100
NbrAircraftToReach      =10        // numbers of aircraft the company must have...
MinWeightOfAircraft     =80000        // ...and their minimal weight if previous is set (in kilogram)
CashToReach             =        // in dollars
StatusToReach           =        // 0=small regional 1=regional 2=national 3=international
NbrOfFlightToReach      =        // the total numbers of flights
DistanceMinToReach      =        // distance in kilometer of all flights
MinWarMission           =        // the min number of war mission to make (War level>60)
PilotsMustReachRank     =        // If one or more pilot must reach a rank...
NbrPilotMustReachRank   =        // ...And the number that must reach this rank if previous is set
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As you see there is many "victory" condition that one can set, once a company started with a "mission" like that
you will not be able to change any company setting, you must win the game or create another company.

If someone want to design a new "mission" he will even be able to provide a banner in jpg that will show
in the dialog when the user click on the mission title in the "select a mission dialog"....

In brief , when the player create a new company he will have the choice beetween "free flight"
with his custom settings or choose one "mission" with predefined settings and goal.

Don't know if my explaination are clear, anyway it's crystal clear in my head.... Wink

Dan

Re: [latest dev news] I start reworking the company creation - Robjos - 25-03-2005

Looks like a really good idea. The layout looks fine and should be fairly easy i=to incorporste into some sort of scenario selection dialog.
Keep it up, new features like this really add value to the addon!

Robert

Re: [latest dev news] I start reworking the company creation - fruitfly - 28-03-2005

Great !!!