FsPassengers Forums
Questions - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Questions (/showthread.php?tid=29)

Questions - aircraftdude - 22-03-2005

hi, I'm new to this, and the whole project looks amazing. However, a few questions:

1. Is this an official add-on?

2. Who is publishing it?

3. Can I use features such as failures, passengers, announcements etc etc, without starting a career, or having my own aircraft?

4. I have heard you have to fly in USA, and fly from SFO to use FSP? Is this true?!?

Thanks!

Post Edited ( 03-22-05 01:37 )

Re: Questions - djsebx - 22-03-2005

Hello,

1. What you see published on this website, texts and pictures are all official and reliable.. Do you mean "is a dream going be true in a
few weeks ?" yes it is !

2. FsPassengers is developed by DanSteph as you can see him around, in this forum. There is nothing more to say actually.

3. When you create your company, you can choose either with or without economical part, so you can go, fly and enjoy FsP with any
aircraft you want, no need to buy one in this particular mode.

4. FsP will be released as a shareware. Once available, you'll be able to download it for FREE and for UNLIMITED time and flights but,
you will have to fly from SFO. If you purchase your personal copy, you'll be able to fly wherever you want from and to.

I hope this can helps you, bye.

Re: Questions - DanSteph - 22-03-2005

Quote:aircraftdude wrote:
3. Can I use features such as failures, passengers, announcements etc etc, without starting a career, or having my own aircraft?
Thanks!

In non economicall mode no need to buy or repair aircraft
-start flight - get all the feature (sound failure etc etc) and when you land
don't register the flight if you even don't care to have pilot's statistics...
(flight hours, flights displayed on map)

Dan

Re: Questions - aircraftdude - 22-03-2005

ok, thanks. So its not being published by a big company like Justflight or Aerosoft?

Re: Questions - DanSteph - 22-03-2005

Quote:aircraftdude wrote:
ok, thanks. So its not being published by a big company like Justflight or Aerosoft?

It may but I didn't took contact yet (two publishers contacted me in fact but I wasn't intterested by their condition)
for now I'm going to edit it myself with of course a commercial patent unless a publisher give me good
condition. I'll see that a bit later.

But for CD distribution in store I'll take a publisher of course that will be in charge only of this part.

If your worry about support behind "the big company" there is often only one or two authors
for one add-on... if he don't give support...

And I'm well know to maintain even my freeware across the years and give a good support.
(two of them totalised 60'000 download and they are still maintained with regular new release)

After the release I'll continue to develop FsP, the code is already planned so the database
will not need to be reseted if I add things. (ie: you keep your flights already registered)

Dan

Re: Questions - aircraftdude - 22-03-2005

hi,

ok, thankyou very much. Will this add-on be available in the UK?

Re: Questions - djsebx - 22-03-2005

Everyone who has an internet connection will be able to download it, and to purchase, whatever the location. This is for download
delivery. For others, it cannot be discussed now I think, you saw, Dan hasn't decided yet.