FsPassengers Forums
Is Dan still alive? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Is Dan still alive? (/showthread.php?tid=19127)

Is Dan still alive? - hhaonn - 25-12-2021

Hello everyone.
Excuse me for asking about this here, but it looks like there are no other options left.
I am from Orbiter community and for more than half a year there has been no news from Dan aka DanSteph (According to records from his Orbiter forum: "Last Active:11 June 2021, 12:22:46"), which led me to wonder if Dan is still alive (however, this question concerns your community as well).
Is there anyone on this forum who has personal communication with Dan?
Those who at one time, for various reasons, wrote to him by e-mail (which is dan@fspassengers.com) - did you receive an answer later?
Of course, I know perfectly well that each of us may have different life situations, but the ongoing pandemic and more than six months of complete uncertainty make me assume the worst...
Thanks in advance.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Razvan - 26-12-2021

(25-12-2021, 03:24 PM)hhaonn Wrote: Salutare tuturor.
Scuzați-mă că am întrebat despre asta aici, dar se pare că nu mai sunt alte opțiuni.
Sunt din comunitatea Orbiter și de mai bine de jumătate de an nu au fost știri de la Dan, alias DanSteph (După înregistrările de pe forumul său Orbiter: „ Ultimul activ: 11 iunie 2021, 12:22:46”) , ceea ce m-a condus la întrebați-vă dacă Dan este încă în viață (cu toate acestea, această întrebare se referă și la comunitatea dvs.).
Există cineva pe acest forum care are o comunicare personală cu Dan?
Cei care la un moment dat, din diverse motive, i-au scris pe e-mail (adica dan@fspassengers.com) - ati primit un raspuns ulterior?
Desigur, știu perfect că fiecare dintre noi poate avea situații de viață diferite, dar pandemia în curs și mai bine de șase luni de incertitudine completă mă fac să presupun ce e mai rău...
Mulțumesc anticipat.
.I also wrote to him personally and received no response. I was hoping for health, that everything would be OK

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Joeflyer - 29-12-2021

I'm in the same position. I wrote him an email months ago with no response. I assume that if something happened to Dan, his wife would likely come on the forums and make an announcement. As the old saying goes, "Expect the worst but hope for the best".

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Buckwell - 20-01-2022

Ive used to always play games with him on Steam havent seen him on steam in a long time.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - juan86270 - 30-01-2022

friend come back, we need you, at least write us a public message, we miss you Hunappy

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Buckwell - 08-02-2022

No details but I can say Dan is alive managed to contact him a week ago.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Joeflyer - 09-02-2022

(08-02-2022, 03:27 PM)Buckwell Wrote: No details but I can say Dan is alive managed to contact him a week ago.

Did he respond?

RE: Is Dan still alive? - hhaonn - 01-06-2022

As I understand, it's still nothing is clear about Dan yet? (I doubt that Buckwell was telling the truth. However, I hope I am wrong about it).

RE: Is Dan still alive? - SoulFlight - 20-08-2022

Ok, no disrespect but whats going on with him? What kind of issues can an alive person have to just disappear for years? I still hope he will open FSP's source codes so maybe there will be skilled programmers willing to continue what he started and adapt FSP to new platforms. For 3 years each time i am visiting those forums all i read is guessing what happend to Dan.

If there is absolutely no hope at all anymore, then this entire page should be deleted.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Joeflyer - 21-08-2022

(20-08-2022, 02:46 PM)SoulFlight Wrote: Ok, no disrespect but whats going on with him? What kind of issues can an alive person have to just disappear for years? I still hope he will open FSP's source codes so maybe there will be skilled programmers willing to continue what he started and adapt FSP to new platforms. For 3 years each time i am visiting those forums all i read is guessing what happend to Dan.

If there is absolutely no hope at all anymore, then this entire page should be deleted.

Can't argue with those points.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - wolff - 29-09-2022

Since you guys are as interested as I was in what happened to the elusive Dan, I'll tell you about my findings on what happened.

I have played FsPassengers since I was a little kid, and it turned FSX into one of my favorite games ever. The combination would still hold up if it still ran well, but sadly, I get too many crashes when playing, I'm guessing it's because of old software in new equipment and OS, but no idea, it's just unplayable for me, I tried too many times to get it working Hunappy

Checking these forums every few months, hoping that Dan would return and bring/update more amazing creations, even more curious since the new MSFS came out, I decided to find out what happened to FsPassengers team/Dan.

Doing some ungodly amount of internet scraping, found an old profile of him in an old professional networking site, and on his profile it was stated that he was the founder of a certain software company.

This software company was of course the company with which he published FsPassengers.

Looking this company up, found some bankruptcy filings of 2017 from a Swiss governmental page.

The bankruptcy filings were done around the same time the last updates of FsPassengers were published. Probably to get an influx of funds to ease the process. The procedures were over around end of 2017-2018 if I remember correctly (did this investigation a few months ago).

I'm guessing that, sadly, this entrepreneurship was not fruitful enough for the little company to remain functioning.

My take is that Dan has not come back because of this, and because any work done would not bring him any more financial benefit. I could be wrong though, what I truly find odd is that he didn't even say goodbye to the community, after all the years.

I found no indication that Dan is not well, but then again, I found relatively little info.

The fact that Dan won't continue developing FsPassengers breaks my heart to be honest, since MSFS looks meaningless to me without something like it. There is similar software being done, but they all lack most of FsPassengers good stuff.

I wish you all guys well!

RE: Is Dan still alive? - wolff - 07-10-2022

(29-09-2022, 09:23 PM)wolff Wrote: Since you guys are as interested as I was in what happened to the elusive Dan, I'll tell you about my findings on what happened.

I have played FsPassengers since I was a little kid, and it turned FSX into one of my favorite games ever. The combination would still hold up if it still ran well, but sadly, I get too many crashes when playing, I'm guessing it's because of old software in new equipment and OS, but no idea, it's just unplayable for me, I tried too many times to get it working Hunappy

Checking these forums every few months, hoping that Dan would return and bring/update more amazing creations, even more curious since the new MSFS came out, I decided to find out what happened to FsPassengers team/Dan.

Doing some ungodly amount of internet scraping, found an old profile of him in an old professional networking site, and on his profile it was stated that he was the founder of a certain software company.

This software company was of course the company with which he published FsPassengers.

Looking this company up, found some bankruptcy filings of 2017 from a Swiss governmental page.

The bankruptcy filings were done around the same time the last updates of FsPassengers were published. Probably to get an influx of funds to ease the process. The procedures were over around end of 2017-2018 if I remember correctly (did this investigation a few months ago).

I'm guessing that, sadly, this entrepreneurship was not fruitful enough for the little company to remain functioning.

My take is that Dan has not come back because of this, and because any work done would not bring him any more financial benefit. I could be wrong though, what I truly find odd is that he didn't even say goodbye to the community, after all the years.

I found no indication that Dan is not well, but then again, I found relatively little info.

The fact that Dan won't continue developing FsPassengers breaks my heart to be honest, since MSFS looks meaningless to me without something like it. There is similar software being done, but they all lack most of FsPassengers good stuff.

I wish you all guys well!

Posting here made me curious again, and I found good news!

He founded a new company in 2018, so the dissolution of the previous one was probably because of bureaucratic reasons!

Well, this means that there still is hope that he will continue development someday !

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Joeflyer - 07-10-2022

I always refer to the old adage, "spit in one hand and wish in the other...see which one fills up the quickest". Not an attempt to rain on your outlook, but there's a certain reality after 3 or 4 years of this. I'll believe it when I see it is my motto.

RE: Is Dan still alive? - R150 - 31-03-2024

Anyone with any news?

Many years ago I used FSP in FSX, and to tell the truth, I really miss this addon, which in my opinion is one of the best addons ever created at the time and today there is none with the same characteristics. I hope Dan is okay where he wants him to be.

Can we have hope with the update?

thank you all! Turning

RE: Is Dan still alive? - Joeflyer - 31-03-2024

(31-03-2024, 01:18 AM)R150 Wrote: Anyone with any news?

Many years ago I used FSP in FSX, and to tell the truth, I really miss this addon, which in my opinion is one of the best addons ever created at the time and today there is none with the same characteristics. I hope Dan is okay where he wants him to be.

Can we have hope with the update?

thank you all! Turning

Only things we've heard from Dan are crickets.