FsPassengers Forums
Old key now useless?! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Old key now useless?! (/showthread.php?tid=19106)

Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 07-12-2020

Hello fellas, it's been a while - twelve years namely.

Back then, in 2008 i bought FSP for MSFS2004. Thankfully, I still have all the purchase data, including the key itself on SimMarket. So, I dig up that key, and unsurprisingly, it does not work anymore. Which leaves me with a little dilemma...

I really want to keep using FSP on the FSXSE, but I cannot help but to feel odd having to pay twice for the same product. Especially for one that's been untouched for five years out of those twelve (yep, I need version 20160123).

Any ideas on how I should go about this?
Help

Den

RE: Old key now useless?! - Guggibob - 07-12-2020

I loved FSPAX and bought it for MSFSX, then I changed to Prepar 3D V4 and FSPAX became a "dead duck". I am very sad about that and I started looking for alternate Software, but I cannot decide, whether to take the one or the other. I am missing FSPAX. It was a really good software. Hunappy

RE: Old key now useless?! - andysullman - 07-12-2020

(07-12-2020, 09:04 PM)Guggibob Wrote: I loved FSPAX and bought it for MSFSX, then I changed to Prepar 3D V4 and FSPAX became a "dead duck". I am very sad about that and I started looking for alternate Software, but I cannot decide, whether to take the one or the other. I am missing FSPAX. It was a really good software. Hunappy

For me  I used  FScaptain  for p3d 
but if anyone is using fs2020 I use self loading cargo 

Andy  aka  [Andy14]

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 07-12-2020

Fellas, while I do appreciate some irrelevant musing, let us get back on the topic, shall we?

Andy, the only reason I would like fsp is for the damage (accumulated wear and tear) model, the rest is a welcome addition, but not as relevant as the damage. No other addon has that.

RE: Old key now useless?! - Joeflyer - 08-12-2020

Den, welcome back! The only way to solve the serial code issue is to send your purchase info to Dan by using the Contact tab at the bottom of this page.
As far as I know, Dan is still issuing serial codes on Mondays only. You may get lucky and get a new one before next Monday.

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 08-12-2020

Joe, thanks for the welcome and your advice! I will contact Dan then.

Update: the form at the bottom does not send, so I just mailed him at dan@fspassengers.com

RE: Old key now useless?! - Joeflyer - 08-12-2020

Ahh, I tried the Contact tab and you are correct. Dan must have disabled it for some reason. Well, at this point I am surprised he hasn't disabled the forums as well.

Hope you get your message to him.

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 14-12-2020

Well, this Monday is getting to a close, Europe definitely. I will wait for another day I say, but... nothing from Dan so far.

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 15-12-2020

Nope, nothing (yes, I did check my spam folder just in case). I don't know what to think. This is not the way to treat a returning customer. I would have been happy even with an answer that tells me to buy it again (I would be outraged by that, but that's another matter). But instead I get complete silence. This just plain sucks.

RE: Old key now useless?! - Joeflyer - 15-12-2020

(15-12-2020, 12:55 PM)Den Dee Wrote: Nope, nothing (yes, I did check my spam folder just in case). I don't know what to think. This is not the way to treat a returning customer. I would have been happy even with an answer that tells me to buy it again (I would be outraged by that, but that's another matter). But instead I get complete silence. This just plain sucks.

I had sent him an email about a week ago and have not received a reply either. Wish I had more information to give you. Hope Dan replies to you soon!

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 18-12-2020

I guess "This is the end my friend", since I haven't heard from him. Too bad, I loved the app. Say, anyone up for sharing the key number with me? I know, "after some time, the key will be detected and disabled". Someone who stopped using his fsx(se) fps, please PM me a key. I will switch to a new msfs soon (read in a year or so) as I upgrade my rig, but in the meantime, I would love to keep using my honestly bought stuff.

I am ready to post my original screen of the check, with the key and whatever - (yeah, it doesn't work anymore), upon request. I am kind of desperate at this point - this is the only app that provides the functionality for fsx that I want. I mean the maintenance simulation and the failures depending on the state of the components. I can live without this of course, but fellas... should I?

RE: Old key now useless?! - Den Dee - 22-12-2020

Maybe we should put out a message to potential new users... that there is no contact with the keys issuer and this is starting to become a fraud?

RE: Old key now useless?! - Joeflyer - 22-12-2020

(22-12-2020, 01:41 AM)Den Dee Wrote: Maybe we should put out a message to potential new users... that there is no contact with the keys issuer and this is starting to become a fraud?

Apparently Dan has not responded to you. He hasn't responded to me either. I hope there hasn't been a recurrence of the illness he had before. Of course anything we come up with is purely speculation until he decides to respond to someone.