FsPassengers Forums
Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 (/showthread.php?tid=19102)

Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 - Swoop - 21-10-2020

Neofly.net

It looks pretty good so far, I've flown 1 mission in it.  You get all kinds of different kinds of missions, from mail delivery, passenger transport, VIP transport, emergency medical transport (to random places, not airfields), even pizza delivery by airdrop.  There's a career mode with qualification flights for advances, not just unlocks.  Failures based on condition of aircraft, although I've discovered no details on that yet so no idea of the scope of failures.

And it's free...

RE: Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 - PowerJet - 25-10-2020

(21-10-2020, 03:46 AM)Swoop Wrote: Neofly.net

It looks pretty good so far, I've flown 1 mission in it.  You get all kinds of different kinds of missions, from mail delivery, passenger transport, VIP transport, emergency medical transport (to random places, not airfields), even pizza delivery by airdrop.  There's a career mode with qualification flights for advances, not just unlocks.  Failures based on condition of aircraft, although I've discovered no details on that yet so no idea of the scope of failures.

And it's free...

It looks cool but for the future:

- Says bush pilot... Why?

- Says missions and stuff. Pretty cool and similar to what FSP was/is

- For FS2020 only? That's cool, but moot for now, as most of the current AC that I use are not compatible with FS20 and there aren't any migratory programs (that I know of. are there?) from P3D to FS20. That leaves the current PAX programs like  FSCaptain or SLC to do the job for now. Great though for the hopeful future.

RE: Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 - bullet1 - 13-11-2020

(21-10-2020, 03:46 AM)Swoop Wrote: Neofly.net

And it's free...

any more update to this

RE: Possible successor to FSP in MSFS2020 - Swoop - 13-02-2021

Yeah.  

Been at it a while now and I think I've seen an update come out about once a fortnight.  Loads of new features being added....you now have fuel costs, insurance, search and rescue missions, in flight emergencies.  Although this last one is behind a contributor paywall and, AFAIK, is just passengers in distress and things like that, it doesn't handle in flight failures like FSP does.  

I would say though, that Neofly is much better when viewed from the lower end of aviation.  GA aircraft, bush flying, navigating to tiny little airstrips you'd never think of going to otherwise.  It's great for that kind of thing.  However, if you only want to fly airliners around I'd describe the Neofly experience as....meh.