FsPassengers Forums
[Solved]Strange Flaps penalty - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Solved]Strange Flaps penalty (/showthread.php?tid=19091)

[Solved]Strange Flaps penalty - westwind2379 - 13-06-2020

I keep getting pinged for operating the flaps at too high a speed.

Pilot's Penalty points:   -345 points

You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 34.51kts (-345)

So, on my next flight, I checked the flaps operating speed in the in flight report when at cruise, and it said 240kts, I operated the flaps at about 180KIAS, and still got the penalty. On take-off I retracted them about 160KIAS. Where does FSP get the 240kts from, as this seems inaccurate. I'm flying a DASH 8-400 provided by my VA. I still got pinged

Pilot's Penalty points:   -253 points

You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 25.33kts (-253)

I don't want to be pinged by this every time, and I also don't just want to turn it off either as I want it to be as real as possible.

Thanks

RE: Strange Flaps penalty - PowerJet - 13-06-2020

(13-06-2020, 10:30 PM)westwind2379 Wrote: I keep getting pinged for operating the flaps at too high a speed.

Pilot's Penalty points:   -345 points

You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 34.51kts (-345)

So, on my next flight, I checked the flaps operating speed in the in flight report when at cruise, and it said 240kts, I operated the flaps at about 180KIAS, and still got the penalty. On take-off I retracted them about 160KIAS. Where does FSP get the 240kts from, as this seems inaccurate. I'm flying a DASH 8-400 provided by my VA. I still got pinged

Pilot's Penalty points:   -253 points

You have exceeded the flap speed limit by 25.33kts (-253)

I don't want to be pinged by this every time, and I also don't just want to turn it off either as I want it to be as real as possible.

Thanks
Is it the one from Majestic Software? With the Dash-8 400 from Majestic, there is always an unwarranted flap and gear penalty . I usually just disable the flap and gear penalty in FSP settings.

RE: Strange Flaps penalty - westwind2379 - 14-06-2020

No, its Dreamwings version

RE: Strange Flaps penalty - Joeflyer - 14-06-2020

I never had the flaps issue with the Majestic Q400, but I have not used the Q400 in quite some time. Maybe it's time to get reacquainted with it Smile
At any rate, some addon aircraft are a bit finicky when it comes to flap blow out speeds,etc. If you know what you are doing, you can go into the aircraft .cfg file and set the damage and blow out speeds a bit higher, save the .cfg with the new numbers and do a test flight. Of course make a back up of the original aircraft .cfg first. Here's the Majestic Q400 flaps information as an example:

[Flaps.0]
type= 1
span-outboard= 0.500
extending-time= 5.000
system_type= 0
damaging-speed= 250.000
blowout-speed= 300.000

Depending on the weight of the aircraft and using flaps 5 for takeoff, 160 knots retraction seems a bit high anyway even at max weight above or below 20C outside air temperature. If Dreamwings has any documentation that comes with the software, it would be beneficial for you to review the takeoff and flap retraction tables. At 64,000 lbs, flap retraction for 5 degrees flaps is around 146 knots.

RE: Strange Flaps penalty - westwind2379 - 14-06-2020

I worked out what was wrong, the flaps panel in the cockpit is an alias of the Beech 58, which has less flap positions, so shows up when its actually flaps level 1. Therefore I was then setting the flaps again when I has already set them, causing the flaps 2 which has lower speed limits.

RE: Strange Flaps penalty - Joeflyer - 14-06-2020

Ah, good catch! Glad you worked it out. Had no idea the DW Q400 aliased the Beech 58. Interesting.

RE: [Solved]Strange Flaps penalty - Joeflyer - 22-07-2020

(22-07-2020, 01:11 PM)Ruby Raju Wrote: I have just started playing this simulation game but getting Strange Flaps penalties, again and again, is bothering me. You guys have to get **** to help me as I do not know much about the rules and regulations of this game.

That's a sneaky way of including a link to a service...under the guise of needing help with flaps penalty. I am removing the link.

RE: [Solved]Strange Flaps penalty - f3rr0 - 24-07-2020

Ok, now it's time to remove the poster, not just the link  Smile

RE: [Solved]Strange Flaps penalty - Joeflyer - 24-07-2020

Boom! Done