FsPassengers Forums
[Solved]Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Solved]Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall (/showthread.php?tid=19061)

[Solved]Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Carbon2 - 04-04-2020

So, I made the move from a perfectly working FSX/Win7 setup to Win10. I knew there might be issues....and there are with my GoFlight stuff, but, on the whole, nearly all addon are working great again.

I tried to reinstall FSPaX which I have been using since 2009 and it gives real meaning and context to a flight. Low and behold my code has been blocked. Why has this happened? I have sent an email to Dan, but, by the looks of things, the response time is lacking. With any software I use, customer support is the most important factor in development ( our purchases pay the developer's salaries ).

So far this has not been resolved. Why are legitimate, legal and paying customers treated like they are illegal software pirates? There need to be better systems in place to resolve block code issues.

Chris

RE: Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Joeflyer - 04-04-2020

Chris, Dan has typically dealt with the serial code issues on Mondays of each week. This is not a new issue and keeps popping up. All I can request of you is to keep emailing Dan until he responds.

RE: Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Carbon2 - 07-04-2020

Thanks Joe.

No reply yet....I think there needs to be some kind of ticket support system. I had some issues with other software, I submitted a ticket, support sorted out the issue within <24 hours.

I have come to the conclusion win10 is a lame duck when it comes to the boxed version of FSX, there are just too many issues with FSX, with 32gb RAM I get OOM which never happen before the switch. I am in the process of going back to Win7 ( dual boot config ) and using this as a dedicated FSX OS ( I know there is no MS support for Win7, when everything is activated it will be offline ). If it ain't broke don't fix it.

RE: Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Joeflyer - 07-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 07:57 AM)Carbon2 Wrote: Thanks Joe.

No reply yet....I think there needs to be some kind of ticket support system. I had some issues with other software, I submitted a ticket, support sorted out the issue within <24 hours.

I have come to the conclusion win10 is a lame duck when it comes to the boxed version of FSX, there are just too many issues with FSX, with 32gb RAM I get OOM which never happen before the switch. I am in the process of going back to Win7 ( dual boot config ) and using this as a dedicated FSX OS ( I know there is no MS support for Win7, when everything is activated it will be offline ). If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I would agree about the ticket support system, but if there is only Dan monitoring and responding to the support tickets, customers will still be in the same waiting mode...unfortunately. Sorry you and others have to go through that.

I have seen other users of Win 10 have issues with FSX. If you Google the possible fixes, you may find a tweak or 2 that will solve them. I have stayed with Win7, but will have the misfortune (or not) of going to Win 10 with my next pc build. If I have Origin PC build my next system, perhaps I can get them to pre-load FSX and see if it's stable before shipping :oP

RE: Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Carbon2 - 07-04-2020

Thanks Joe.

My Goflight hardware was the main issue with Win10. It just did not work with the 737NGX.

Anyway, after a day of clean installing Win7 and FSX +add-ons the old config is up and running really smoothly and I can get PFE running again ( This is a nightmare to config at the best of times ) and win 10 didn't even attempt at playing ball with such an archaic piece of software.

Anyway, Dan just sent through a new code. Many thanks.

RE: Win7 to Win10 fsx reinstall - Joeflyer - 08-04-2020

Good to know! Happy flying Smile