FsPassengers Forums
Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Carendo cessna caravan 208 (/showthread.php?tid=19059)

Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Avationguy - 29-03-2020

Hello to all im haveing a problem with the payload model for the carendo 208 caravan
Ive been OK with other payload for my other aircraft never had any trouble. But im now having trouble with this one, im installing them correctly but its still not working, if anybody could suggest what is going wrong or any other problems that be welcome. Many thanks and regards. Sorry if the letters are big. Wink

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - f3rr0 - 29-03-2020

What do you mean with "It's not working"? What's the matter?

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Avationguy - 29-03-2020

Well today I tried to install this in the payload folder in payload folder as usual. But when I start a flight and you have the option to choose between different payload loadouts for the aircraft in question its not showing up. As stated ive done this many times before and im not getting anyware with this payload option. Normally fspassengers would whant me to change contact points either for fs9 or fspassangers if you understand me.

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - f3rr0 - 30-03-2020

Are you sure about the payload ini file name?
From the FsPassengers documentation:

Payload model

A payload model consists of one .jpg image and one .ini file that defines how many passengers your aircraft can carry, what ticket price classes it has (first, economy, etc.), and also if the aircraft is pressurized or not. You can have many payload models for one aircraft or only one; if there is only one available, the drop box will be grayed.

If a payload model isn't available in FsPassengers for your selected aircraft, you will be given a default payload model based on weight and type of the aircraft.

The payload models are all located in the folder "FsPassengers/payload_model". FsPassengers is bundled with some base payload models but we encourage you to download more from the website http://www.fspassengers.com

Anyone can edit or create more stunning payload models for every aircraft or class of aircraft, the process is very simple, see the "payload editor" tool available in FsPassengers windows start menu. It contains a help text that will explain the complete process for creating more payload models.

More about payload models:

Payload model selection simply works by keyword; the name of the "ini" file defines the keyword that will be used to search if your aircraft's name matches. The longer .ini name that matches will be chosen first but if there are other matches, they will be available in the drop box of the payload screen.

Example, say you fly an aircraft:

PMDG 737-800 Swiss livery

Below is an example of existing payload .ini names, in green if they match and in red if they don't match:
737-800. ini
737.ini
PMDG 737.ini
747-400.ini
PMDG 737-700.ini

As you see in the example above, the "PMDG 737.ini" will be chosen first and displayed in the payload dialog because it's the longer one that matches, You can have payload models that will work only with one specific aircraft, for example with a payload model named "PMDG 737-800 Swiss livery.ini", or to have a generic payload model. For example a payload model named "737.ini" would work with almost any 737 model. (Taken that it has the word "737" in its name of course)

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Joeflyer - 30-03-2020

You mentioned FS9. If it's for FS9, you will need to make sure the payload .ini name and the aircraft title in the aircraft .cfg are the same. I remember having to do this numerous times with different addon aircraft and their liveries.

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Avationguy - 01-04-2020

(30-03-2020, 10:58 AM)f3rr0 Wrote: Are you sure about the payload ini file name?
From the FsPassengers documentation:

Payload model

A payload model consists of one .jpg image and one .ini file that defines how many passengers your aircraft can carry, what ticket price classes it has (first, economy, etc.), and also if the aircraft is pressurized or not. You can have many payload models for one aircraft or only one; if there is only one available, the drop box will be grayed.

If a payload model isn't available in FsPassengers for your selected aircraft, you will be given a default payload model based on weight and type of the aircraft.

The payload models are all located in the folder "FsPassengers/payload_model". FsPassengers is bundled with some base payload models but we encourage you to download more from the website http://www.fspassengers.com

Anyone can edit or create more stunning payload models for every aircraft or class of aircraft, the process is very simple, see the "payload editor" tool available in FsPassengers windows start menu. It contains a help text that will explain the complete process for creating more payload models.

More about payload models:

Payload model selection simply works by keyword; the name of the "ini" file defines the keyword that will be used to search if your aircraft's name matches. The longer .ini name that matches will be chosen first but if there are other matches, they will be available in the drop box of the payload screen.

Example, say you fly an aircraft:

PMDG 737-800 Swiss livery

Below is an example of existing payload .ini names, in green if they match and in red if they don't match:
737-800. ini
737.ini
PMDG 737.ini
747-400.ini
PMDG 737-700.ini

As you see in the example above, the "PMDG 737.ini" will be chosen first and displayed in the payload dialog because it's the longer one that matches, You can have payload models that will work only with one specific aircraft, for example with a payload model named "PMDG 737-800 Swiss livery.ini", or to have a generic payload model. For example a payload model named "737.ini" would work with almost any 737 model. (Taken that it has the word "737" in its name of course)

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I think inl.file is correct I did double check for files for the payload model. But before with other payload models ive never had a problem.

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Avationguy - 01-04-2020

(30-03-2020, 03:01 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: You mentioned FS9. If it's for FS9, you will need to make sure the payload .ini name and the aircraft title in the aircraft .cfg are the same. I remember having to do this numerous times with different addon aircraft and their liveries.

sorry for the late response. I do think this is all correct not unless im missing anything.

RE: Carendo cessna caravan 208 - Avationguy - 02-04-2020

this is the file in question for the carenado  cessna 208.if it lets you see it