FsPassengers Forums
FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup (/showthread.php?tid=19053)

FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - chuck217 - 16-02-2020

Hello:  I am a long time user of FSPassengers.   Just recently, after a Windows Update it seems,  I am no longer able to launch FSX because of a box that says "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third party software program."   It references fspassengers.dll

This is a copy of FSX that I have installed from the DVDs including the acceleration pack,  which has worked for many years.  I also have the Steam version installed, but I do not use it,  nor do I think I am part of any BETA programs in Steam.    How can I get FSX and FSPassengers to launch?

[Image: FSPassengers.png]

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - f3rr0 - 17-02-2020

I got the same issue one week ago. I've saved the whole \Public\Documents\FsPassengers folder and reinstalled FSPassengers and everything returned to work again

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Helder - 06-04-2020

(17-02-2020, 01:18 PM)f3rr0 Wrote: I got the same issue one week ago. I've saved  the whole \Public\Documents\FsPassengers folder and reinstalled FSPassengers and everything returned to work again

hello. i bought fspx today and the same..... can you explain a little bit detailed how didi you made that save?

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Joeflyer - 07-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 06:20 PM)Helder Wrote:
(17-02-2020, 01:18 PM)f3rr0 Wrote: I got the same issue one week ago. I've saved  the whole \Public\Documents\FsPassengers folder and reinstalled FSPassengers and everything returned to work again

hello. i bought fspx today and the same..... can you explain a little bit detailed how didi you made that save?

Since you have FsP already installed, go to the main FsP folder in your documents directory...make a copy of it and save it so that once you uninstall FsP, you will still have your company information saved in another location of your choosing. Once you have re-installed FsP (after rebooting your pc), delete the new main FsP folder and copy/paste the previously saved FsP folder into the Documents directory. OR, you can do this:
Once you have re-installed FsP, go to the new FsP folder, delete the database folder within it...copy the previously saved database and paste it into the new FsP folder. The whole idea of either methods is to keep your company intact.

Does this help?

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Helder - 09-04-2020

(07-04-2020, 02:24 PM)Joeflyer Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 06:20 PM)Helder Wrote:

Since you have FsP already installed, go to the main FsP folder in your documents directory...make a copy of it and save it so that once you uninstall FsP, you will still have your company information saved in another location of your choosing. Once you have re-installed FsP (after rebooting your pc), delete the new main FsP folder and copy/paste the previously saved FsP folder into the Documents directory. OR, you can do this:
Once you have re-installed FsP, go to the new FsP folder, delete the database folder within it...copy the previously saved database and paste it into the new FsP folder. The whole idea of either methods is to keep your company intact.

Does this help?

hello joy flyer i work right now on that. i will keep you tuned

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Helder - 10-04-2020

hello joeflyer. well i have try all witch f3rr0 say and  nothing works unfurnately.  i  try 3 times  and in  the second attempt when i re instaled fspx on the begining  of the install appears one message  sying something like this: the problem witch prevent fspx to start maybe is corrected....  but after i start fsx and set up one flight for test everithyng go ok.until at the moment we start the approach and catching the localier  (ILS) FSX freeze and crash...  after that everything  is like  before the same message about third softwere problem.... i have  see inside fsp folder and notice the fsp folder is no longer in fsx main folder Huh  i have the instal log of fspx and i see some errors but honestly i am not expert in this subejet.. so i want to know if you guys have some solution to dont loss this addon in my  fsx  and 36.84 euros   i hope yes becouse i came from execute transition to fsx
theankyou on advance and very sorry for any or a loft error witch the english language

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - f3rr0 - 11-04-2020

To help you better we need some other infos.
Wich is the FSX version? And the OS version?
Please post the FSPXInstall.log and the log.txt located in your user/public/public documents/FSPassengers

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Helder - 11-04-2020

(11-04-2020, 12:24 AM)f3rr0 Wrote: To help you better we need some other infos.
Wich is the FSX version? And the OS version?
Please post the FSPXInstall.log and the log.txt located in your user/public/public documents/FSPassengers
hello. well i will try to give you all info you need..
 fsx gold edition +acceleration  boxed
S.O. : WINDOWS 10 
fsuipc 4
 instal log fpx:

-FsPassengers setup ver. Jan 23 2016 started: 10.04.2020 - 19:47

-Search if FsX is running
-OK FsX is not running
-Attempting to find FsX directory.
-Checking 64 byte registry for fsx vanilla
-Fsx vanilla Directory found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\
-Checking 64 byte registry for fsx steam edition
-64 byte registry not found, checking 32 byte registry for fsx steam edition
-Registry key of FsX steam edition not found or unreadable
-Checking FsX path, searching this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\dialogs\dlgabout.spb
-FsX found ok
-Detecting OS and FsPassengers install path...
-Windows 10: 10.0
-FsPassengers will be installed in: C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Getting FSX version
-FsX version returned:  10.0.61637.0
-FsX version OK: SP2/Acceleration
-Check free space
-Free space Total Mb available: 147242
-Check needed space
-Needed space: 147
-No previous version of FsPX 2016 detected.
-No previous version of FsPX 2008 detected.
-AppCompatFlags checked OK
-Start of file copy...
-Extracting file to: C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Ok: all files extracted correctly
-Attempting to find dll.xml file
-Getting FsX.exe version
-FsX.exe version: 10.0.61637
-fsx.cfg found in  C:\Users\Helder Matos\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
-dll.xml found in  C:\Users\Helder Matos\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
-Writting FsPassengers addon in dll.xml
-Start of dll.xml parsing----------------------------
-dll.xml, Nbr of addons found: 13
-dll.xml : ' Object Placement Tool'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Traffic Toolbox'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Visual Effects Tool'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' PMDG_Interface'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' RAASPRO'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' PMDG HUD interface'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Flight Recorder'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' AirbusNewHUD'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml 'unknow'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' AirbusNewHUD'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml 'unknow'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' IvAp'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' FSUIPC 4'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml written ok
-End of dll.xml parsing----------------------------
-Emptying old installation of FsPassengers into FsX's folder and/or creating new FsPassengers folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Copying FsPassengers files into FSX's folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FsPassengers
-Attempting to write Config file 'FsPassengers\bin\FsXPath.cfg'
-Config file 'FsPassengers\bin\FsXPath.cfg' written ok
-Creating shortcut in start menu...
-Number of files not replaced by update (to keep user's modification): 0
-No update of more_option.cfg required, this is a fresh install
-No update of money_currency.cfg required, this is a fresh install
-Writting FsPassengers's windows in missionpanel.cfg
-missionpanel.cfg - ok
-Adding uninstall key to registry
-Uninstall key added to registry
-Checking if simconnect and all library are installed
-FsPassengersX.dll loaded fine - simconnect and library ok
-Install completed with success
-Writting this log in FsPassengers folder...

some addons :pmdg (boeing 747.aerosoft airbus) 

well.thats it. anyway ia past half a day of today testing fsx with fsxp  in a short flight lppr to lppt lisbon  only for test purpose.
 i ve test  3 flights witch 3 diferent planes (pmdg aerosoft and wilco) and fspx all flights freeze and crash fsx.... after   re start a new test session and do the same but wihtout fsxp ( fsx always showing the message about third software and if i want disable fsxp i click yes) at the moment wilco and aerosoft airbus arrived without problems..... right now i t/o from lppr to lppt to test pmdg 747 during appr aind ils capture... guys i will try to give to you all info as possible just askme please we need to solve this issue.... THANKYOU

RE: FSPassengers crashes FSX at startup - Joeflyer - 12-04-2020

I don't see anything out of the ordinary in the information you provided...except that perhaps your system isn't going to play well with FSX being in the
C:\Program Files (x86) directory. Due to the protections built in to Windows 10 (X86), a number of users have experienced these issues. I would suggest strongly in re-installing FSX outside of this directory...like C:\FSX

Also, please look in the Event Viewer and copy/paste the last crash event of the sim in your next reply. I would like to see the exception code in particular. This may reveal what I think it is. Go to Start...Search....type in Event Viewer and then open it.