FsPassengers Forums
How is Dan btw? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Prepar3D General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: How is Dan btw? (/showthread.php?tid=18716)

Pages: 1 2

How is Dan btw? - Sumimoto - 19-04-2019

So it was a long time, since I was here. 
Finally made an upgrade to P3D 4.X

I'm not asking for unstable/ETA on FSPass here, I just want to know, How is Dan? As I remember, he was sick.

RE: How is Dan btw? - f3rr0 - 19-04-2019

Without any kind of speculation, this is from his profile:

I don't know how does he feel, but seeing this I hope better

RE: How is Dan btw? - Sumimoto - 21-04-2019

(19-04-2019, 09:56 PM)f3rr0 Wrote: Without any kind of speculation, this is from his profile:

I don't know how does he feel, but seeing this I hope better

Oh... that is great news. Hopefully he will get well soon.

RE: How is Dan btw? - tonaz - 22-05-2019

JoeFlyer, do you have any news about Dan at least?

RE: How is Dan btw? - Joeflyer - 22-05-2019

(22-05-2019, 02:54 PM)tonaz Wrote: JoeFlyer, do you have any news about Dan at least?

No sir. I've written 2 emails to him that have gone unanswered for over a month. Previous to that he seemed to be better physically. That is all I know.
Wish I had more information.

RE: How is Dan btw? - AgentTeets - 20-07-2019

I think he should really explore the idea of selling this title altogether since he clearly has no intention of returning back to us .

Perhaps someone else out there might have ideas to make a brand new app . If anyone does please feel free to contact me I would love to be part of the team that creates something new for p3dv4z I feel I have some ideas and skills to bring to the table.

RE: How is Dan btw? - Redwood - 21-07-2019

(20-07-2019, 04:48 PM)AgentTeets Wrote: I think he should really explore the idea of selling this title altogether since he clearly has no intention of returning back to us .

Perhaps someone else out there might have ideas to make a brand new app . If anyone does please feel free to contact me I would love to be part of the team that creates something new for p3dv4z I feel I have some ideas and skills to bring to the table.

It’s dead sir. I think at this point it’s pretty clear so I’m not sure why people are constantly asking for updates. As far as selling the program i don’t see the point in that either. There are plenty of developers with the ability to create an FS Passengers competitive program. They just choose not to. And why would they? Take a look at what’s out there and see what people are willing to pay for. I’m not going to bash other developers but it’s clear as day you don’t need to create anything to the detailed level of FS passengers to sell for the exact same price. At this point all we can do is hope programs that are still being actively developed can eventually get somewhere we all can enjoy

RE: How is Dan btw? - Joeflyer - 24-07-2019

Just so all of you know, Dan has had a history of going off the radar for long periods of time. It's a mystery as to why he has done this over the years, but eventually he does come back to the fold. Considering his health issues over the past year, I would suspect it may take longer for him to come back. In the past I have felt that way,too...that the development of FsP was dead and buried. Then Dan would suddenly appear again.

RE: How is Dan btw? - Matthew Brown - 01-08-2019

Just wanted to chime in as I rarely do.

Bought FSPassengers for FS9 donkeys years ago and just made the switch over to P3D V4 and I have never felt my sim be so empty in my life.
The same habit of using FSPassengers on every single flight logged over 8000 hours over the years it's safe to say I miss it.

Been looking at alternatives as I've just bought my self up to date on the latest with FSPassengers but you have to face it, there isn't.

Miss pressing control+t for the different cycles of music...

RE: How is Dan btw? - Cpt Bambi - 02-08-2019

(01-08-2019, 12:31 AM)Matthew Brown Wrote: Just wanted to chime in as I rarely do.

Bought FSPassengers for FS9 donkeys years ago and just made the switch over to P3D V4 and I have never felt my sim be so empty in my life.
The same habit of using FSPassengers on every single flight logged over 8000 hours over the years it's safe to say I miss it.

Been looking at alternatives as I've just bought my self up to date on the latest with FSPassengers but you have to face it, there isn't.

Miss pressing control+t for the different cycles of music...

I feel the same way, Fpax is fantastic I'm using Sim Buddy for the time being, it's not as good but is probably one of the best alternatives until Fpax gets updated.

RE: How is Dan btw? - jimfr78 - 21-10-2019

Hello, still no answers fron Dan, it is very worrisome, i hope he is doing good, someone has any news? Joeflyer ?

RE: How is Dan btw? - f3rr0 - 21-10-2019

Let's say that no news is good news. It looks like a usual long period of Dan's absence. His last login was on april 2019. What can I say? Hope he's fine and hope he'll be back soon

RE: How is Dan btw? - Joeflyer - 21-10-2019

I have not received any replies from Dan. Wish I had more to tell you.

RE: How is Dan btw? - S.Gerard - 05-08-2020

I have found out that he is running a different project aswell,

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

On this forum he seems to be active, so it`s pretty wierd that he is not visiting these forums anymore... Perhaps he is just fed up with fspassengers :-(

RE: How is Dan btw? - Joeflyer - 06-08-2020

(05-08-2020, 09:57 PM)S.Gerard Wrote: I have found out that he is running a different project aswell,

http://orbiter.dansteph.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

On this forum he seems to be active, so it`s pretty wierd that he is not visiting these forums anymore... Perhaps he is just fed up with fspassengers :-(

Dan has been running that website for years. Orbiter is his first love. He even took a hiatus from Orbiter until he recovered from his illness and is now back at it. You are correct though...he doesn't plan to develop FsP any further.