FsPassengers Forums
FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Prepar3D General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update (/showthread.php?tid=18462)

Pages: 1 2

FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - AgentTeets - 17-02-2019

So I understand that Dan is sick and that he has put the FSPassengers p3dv4 project on hold for the foreseeable future. I think those who have the means of contacting Dan at this point need to give us a new and more realistic expectation for FSPassengers P3Dv4. Without intending to sound rude, disrespectful, or anything like that I do believe that we customers have waited patiently for long - and I think it is owed to us to know an answer if we are waiting in vain or not.

Should there be continuation on the project, I dont think it is too much to ask for a more realistic time frame again so that we customers are not pulling out our hair. 

And Lastly, if Dan really has no intention of finishing the project, maybe he should sell the source code to someone else who can complete the project. Im sure there are a hand full of excellent programmers out there that can accomplish the project and continue the FSpassengers legacy.

Sincerely,
AgentTeets

P.S. I hope I did not offend or disrespect anyone I just believe we deserve a few answers.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - EverSeen - 18-02-2019

well said.. id guess at its done 4.5 is around the bend then 5

he's sick even if he gets it out, any updates or fixes with his track record would be long delays again

he should just sell it as he obviously has no interest in the community as to simply as hi sorry... so id say the actual disrespect comes from dan to us not us to him.

that said I wish him full health on his recovery but time to sell before the ship sinks

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Redwood - 18-02-2019

im about to upgrade to Prepar3d this week and Ive been debating on if I should just get Prepar3d V3 instead so I can use FS Passengers

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - AgentTeets - 18-02-2019

(18-02-2019, 05:26 AM)Redwood Wrote: im about to upgrade to Prepar3d this week and Ive been debating on if I should just get Prepar3d V3 instead so I can use FS Passengers

And miss out on all of what 64-bit has to offer? Kind of like saying I dont want to use my brand spanking new Tesla because they havent upgraded the stereo yet, so Ill stick to the Honda Accord.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Cpt Bambi - 18-02-2019

(18-02-2019, 05:26 AM)Redwood Wrote: im about to upgrade to Prepar3d this week and Ive been debating on if I should just get Prepar3d V3 instead so I can use FS Passengers

Don't get v3, it's 32bit so not really much of a point going to it, Get P3Dv4 and use simbuddy until FSP is finished.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Joeflyer - 18-02-2019

I received a reply from Dan the other day. He is slowly getting back to coding for V4. I wouldn't have expected him to jump back into it for hours and hours a day like he did prior to getting sick. Frankly, going through intensive cancer treatments takes a toll on the body, so I wouldn't expect him to be jumping through hoops to get things completed. As he stated, FsP was 80% completed.

As far as Dan selling all rights, title and interest of FsP? I have asked him about this some months before he got sick. No interest in selling at the time. After all, all of the coding he does comes from memory and not based on a series of handwritten notes. I'm sure he could package it up for someone to decipher his own hacks that he uses to make FsP work, but who knows how long that would take him to accomplish this.

In the meantime, if people want to use the 32 bit version it's their choice. Why discourage this at all when people do have a choice?

Ok, that is all for now.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - AgentTeets - 18-02-2019

(18-02-2019, 03:23 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: I received a reply from Dan the other day. He is slowly getting back to coding for V4. I wouldn't have expected him to jump back into it for hours and hours a day like he did prior to getting sick. Frankly, going through intensive cancer treatments takes a toll on the body, so I wouldn't expect him to be jumping through hoops to get things completed. As he stated, FsP was 80% completed.

As far as Dan selling all rights, title and interest of FsP? I have asked him about this some months before he got sick. No interest in selling at the time. After all, all of the coding he does comes from memory and not based on a series of handwritten notes. I'm sure he could package it up for someone to decipher his own hacks that he uses to make FsP work, but who knows how long that would take him to accomplish this.

In the meantime, if people want to use the 32 bit version it's their choice. Why discourage this at all when people do have a choice?

Ok, that is all for now.

Thanks Joe for that timely reply, very much appreciated.

First and foremost I want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with Dan and for beating the big C. Ive had the pleasure of talking to him via email and asking for a price adjustment on fspX (long story lol), but what he showed was nothing but kindness back to me. Im sure he knows that he has a lot of fans and cheerleaders out here that are cheering him on.

I know now it will take some time to finish it, but at least we know now that the project hasnt been trashed. 

Personally I would not want him to sell his program, rights or titles. We have enough bigwig companies out there  and I like what Dan has done with it, and I always like to support the independent guys. Ive had many years of enjoyment with fspax and am not really looking for the program to change much at all.

In regards to playing 32-bit, of course we should still use our 32 bit fspax and p3d/fsx. Even I still do this. But p3dv3 is considered legacy now. I mean, we've waited over a decade and a half for proper simulator compatibility in 64-bit. We've desired this so long, I think it is all of our duties to push the agenda and keep evolving so as to make use of the technological resources available today. 64-bit works so well i mean, i easily get 2x the fps on p3dv4 than I do on regular fsx using the same rig its beautiful.

Getting sidetracked, here... But ultimately looking forward to Dans return and the eventual release of fspax p3dv4

Sincerely,
Tito

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - InkWithGold - 20-02-2019

Contact me if he ever decided to sell the rights, I'm interested if there's this option on the table

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - X_Man - 05-03-2019

This is not a bad investment - my day job, financial analyst. By night, commercial/WWII fighter pilot.

A few reasons why buying the rights to FSPassenger is good idea.

#1. The demand is high
#2. Few competitors (FSCaptain, FSEconomy and Air Hauler come to mind) but not they are not same. FSPax is the best of all three.
#3. High barrier of entry. You have to know code (C++ or JavaScript) and with SimMarket or Flight1 (they have a forum too) you a ready made distribution channel.

I bill about $150 per hour if you have any questions LOL Smile JK

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - morterna - 18-03-2019

@Joeflyer Any news about Dan and FSP

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Joeflyer - 18-03-2019

(18-03-2019, 10:20 PM)morterna Wrote: @Joeflyer  Any news about Dan and FSP

Unfortunately no. I have not received a response to my last email to him, which was about 2 weeks ago.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - tonaz - 08-04-2019

I'm so sad and blue about Dan not feeling good :-(
At this point i don't care no more about FSP, actually months ago i dropped my hopes in an update.
Again, i'm just sad for himself. And i know what it does mean 'couse i've had a personal similar family experience.
But the idea someone said, i think it is a very good one, selling the rights of the program to some company (or individual) to update it, maybe could help him a lot with the money he could earn.
Healthcare where i live is kinda "free", but for example if he's form US, unfortunately money helps a lot.
Just a thought. Maybe a hint for him.

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - roplane - 11-05-2019

A guy make the new FSPASSENGERS
ROPLANE ( nice soft )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9wB42iY51E

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - Joeflyer - 11-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 09:04 PM)roplane Wrote: A guy make the new FSPASSENGERS
ROPLANE ( nice soft )

A 5 second video doesn't make "the new FSPASSENGERS". What is this all about anyway?

RE: FSPassengers P3Dv4 Update - roplane - 12-05-2019

(11-05-2019, 10:49 PM)Joeflyer Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 09:04 PM)roplane Wrote: A guy make the new FSPASSENGERS
ROPLANE ( nice soft )

A 5 second video doesn't make "the new FSPASSENGERS". What is this all about anyway?

ok
it is 5 seconds video ut the soft work perfect .