FsPassengers Forums
this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Prepar3D General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 (/showthread.php?tid=18418)

this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - aibiria - 01-02-2019

Hello there,

Just a friendly advise from an old member

Please be aware that this addon is not compatible with prepar3d V4 at this time.

I hope this thread is not closed but I have came across a friend of mine, not the actual guy from the previous post, who purchased it thinking that it was compatible when it isnt.

Please be careful as you are likely not be entitled for a refund.

Regards from Spain
Israel

Ps: I have created the post as I think new users are not really well notified about it and somebody who is not 100% familiar with prepar3d may commit the same mistake and to be honest, it is not fair for them

RE: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - Joeflyer - 02-02-2019

It's good advice for anyone who is thinking about purchasing FsP to review system requirements FIRST regarding P3D. It is compatible with the 32 bit version of P3D but not the 64 bit version....yet. This should be clearly noted on Simmarket until Dan has completed it, as I know that some people do not think to review the system requirements or try to install the demo version first before buying. One thing to note: Lockheed Martin does not archive the 32 bit versions of P3D to purchase.

I will also send an email to Dan about the Flightsim Store option of buying FsP. It needs to either be removed from the purchase section here or corrected with FSS so that people have both options.

So, in fairness, people should exhaust all avenues of information before they commit to buying ANY software. Sometimes the rush to purchase gets the better of many people.

RE: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - tonaz - 05-02-2019

(01-02-2019, 11:18 PM)aibiria Wrote: I think new users are not really well notified about it and somebody who is not 100% familiar with prepar3d may commit the same mistake and to be honest, it is not fair for them

The only needed thing to do not commit mistake is.... ability to read english.

Sorry Joe, i couldn't resist. I cannot resist when i read these things :D
Even the banner itself of this website says FSP 2016. TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN... In 2019 should be easy to wonder yourself something before buy.
You are always so diplomatic... As actually you are intended to be.

RE: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - Joeflyer - 05-02-2019

(05-02-2019, 02:22 AM)tonaz Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 11:18 PM)aibiria Wrote: I think new users are not really well notified about it and somebody who is not 100% familiar with prepar3d may commit the same mistake and to be honest, it is not fair for them

The only needed thing to do not commit mistake is.... ability to read english.

Sorry Joe, i couldn't resist. I cannot resist when i read these things :D
Even the banner itself of this website says FSP 2016. TWO THOUSAND SIXTEEN... In 2019 should be easy to wonder yourself something before buy.
You are always so diplomatic... As actually you are intended to be.

I know how easy it can be to be reactionary. Over time the reactionary response becomes less in importance. After all, I'm not here to pound on people unless it's absolutely necessary lol

RE: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - aibiria - 08-02-2019

With so many versions of prepar3d out there, there are actually quite a few people who may not even have an idea of the difference in between prepar3d v1 to v4. I have been an user from fs95 to XPLANE 11 and I can easily see the difference, most of us know it pretty well and we expect others to know it as well. I think we have to be sensitive with the new ones and give them advise, that was my point, this particular case is from a very good friend of mine who is an old fellow and new to this world, he is very british by the way lol. He is just an old school man!

That is why I thought it would be a good idea to indicate it on a post. Sarcarsm aside thank you Wink

RE: this addon is NOT compatible with PREPAR3D V4 - Joeflyer - 10-02-2019

(08-02-2019, 10:40 PM)aibiria Wrote: With so many versions of prepar3d out there, there are actually quite a few people who may not even have an idea of the difference in between prepar3d v1 to v4. I have been an user from fs95 to XPLANE 11 and I can easily see the difference, most of us know it pretty well and we expect others to know it as well. I think we have to be sensitive with the new ones and give them advise, that was my point, this particular case is from a very good friend of mine who is an old fellow and new to this world, he is very british by the way lol. He is just an old school man!

That is why I thought it would be a good idea to indicate it on a post. Sarcarsm aside thank you Wink

Actually there is only one version of P3D being sold and it's the 64 bit version. If anyone had previously purchased a 32 bit version and kept all of the installers throughout the update process then that person would have a 32 bit version with multiple improvement updates. Same goes for 64 bit version.
I still have several different updated 32 bit installers and can use either one that is compatible with FsP. I hope this clears up the confusion, as there aren't so many versions...as you pointed out.