FsPassengers Forums
FSX is crashing - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: FSX is crashing (/showthread.php?tid=18396)

FSX is crashing - pbandpickleboy - 20-12-2018

Hey folks, I'm back with another FSX crash mid-flight that seems to be related to FSPax, though I'm not sure how. Hopefully somebody here can help me out. I had been in the menus several times, including minutes before the crash to load a new flight plan. I was cycling through the views (which maybe I do too much) and it froze on the Nearest Tower view and crashed. This leads me to believe uiautomationcore.dll may be involved, so I might have to check my version of that file. Here is the crash report from event viewer:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: fspassengersx.dll_unloaded, version: 4.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56a2dbbe
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00035080
Faulting process id: 0x2b0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d497a0d132b402
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: fspassengersx.dll
Report Id: 8d5e5ab5-fb7c-423b-8c68-e999d886a9c5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I also ran dxdiag, so I can post that if needed. It's pretty lengthy so I don't want to do it right away unless it's necessary.

Finally, here's the FSPax log from the flight:

-------------------------------------
FsPassengers X ver. Jan 23 2016 
LOG started 19.12.2018 - 08:46

-------------------------------------
Start of FsPassengersX.dll
Selected Language:English
keyboard.ini file loaded key read= 26
Getting FSX version
FsX version returned: 10.0.61637.0
FsX version OK: SP2/Acceleration
Fsx path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
FsP path: C:\Users\Public\Documents
Loading config file
Nbr of currency found in file: 7
Selected currency:Dollars
Nbr of inflation data found 113
Config file saved
DirectSoundInit->Success
Start Init Failures
End Init Failures OK. Nbr of failures: 40
searching music collection
Music found: 8

Module and mem Listing. Please report those in case of CTD >>>:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bin\nodump.txt found, no module and memory listing
End of module listing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All init completed ok - run addon
SimConnect_Open - OK
SimConnect_CallDispatch - OK
End of initialisation - OK
Detect parking brakes available:
Parking brakes available
Function MM GAFN32 start
Function MM GAFN32 end
Function MM GAFN32 start
Function MM GAFN32 end
payload count 6
Payload ini> search loadmodel for: Bombardier CRJ-900 (ComAir NNC 2007)
Payload ini> Loading : crj-900
Payload ini> Loaded: crj-900.ini
payload count 6
Payload ini> Zero Cg Pos found:  3.10808
original CGPos= -0.25483
payload count 6
Payload ini> search passenger lon: -81.84 lat:41.41 maxpass: 86
Payload ini> zone nbr: 0 use zone list name (self-1): 0 passengers found 86
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
payload count 6
Force Belly landing started
Gear speed limit found =  280
crash points: 4
Point # replaced: 3
Force Belly completed OK points added: 3
Use FSP ATC ID
ATC Aircraft MTOW is: 84500.00000
Current flight number: 4908
changed to: SKW49
Heavy flag not set
Starting FsPassengers adventure
Total Percentage of failure= 0
Function ForceCrashAndCollideFlag
Function ForceCrashAndCollideFlag end
Loading Crew sound from user chosen directory Sound/CrewPack\English_DavidAndLauren\
no sound text in the user directory, use defaut text
Disabled penalty flag 6156
Call function GAFFA4645
END function GAFFA4645 found: 54
Call function RAFF43587
End function RAFF43587
Detect parking brakes available:
Parking brakes available
Movies_choices.cfg loaded movies availables: 6
Config file saved
Cruise sound loop started at seconds: 1954
Cruise sound loop started at seconds: 2609
Cruise sound number: played at second : data1: 3 data2: 2609
Cruise sound loop started at seconds: 3354
Cruise sound number: played at second : data1: 6 data2: 3354
Cruise sound loop started at seconds: 3788
Cruise sound number: played at second : data1: 1 data2: 3788
Cruise sound loop started at seconds: 4172
Cruise sound number: played at second : data1: 5 data2: 4172
Pausing FsPassengers adventure
UnPausing FsPassengers adventure
End of FsPassengersX.dll
Deleting Failures
DirectSoundDeinit-> Success
Config file saved
SimConnect_Close - OK

What I get from this, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that FSPax closed normally on its own. This is why I'm stumped and looking for help. A few more important things:

I'm running FSX boxed. It's the gold edition, so I should have both SPs. I completed a few flights within the past few days just fine while using FSPax. I'm also running on Windows 10.

I think that about covers it. I think deleting everything with FSPax from the registry should at least allow me to run FSX again, but I don't think it will solve the crashing problem. Any further help would be appreciated. I would love to get this sorted out before the holiday. Thanks in advance and sorry for the lengthy post.

RE: FSX is crashing - Joeflyer - 20-12-2018

It can be one or several things that could be triggering this. After installing FSX, did you install a bunch of addons?? Usually it isn't advisable to install FSX in the (x86) directory because of protections issues that can arise. It has happened many times to many different users. I'm not saying that it's the case here, but there is always the possibility.

You may be correct about the UIautomationcore.dll. Find the correct one and it may solve all of your crashing problems. I went through that as well when I first installed FSX w/ Acceleration.

RE: FSX is crashing - andysullman - 20-12-2018

(20-12-2018, 04:22 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: It can be one or several things that could be triggering this. After installing FSX, did you install a bunch of addons?? Usually it isn't advisable to install FSX in the (x86) directory because of protections issues that can arise. It has happened many times to many different users. I'm not saying that it's the case here, but there is always the possibility.

You may be correct about the UIautomationcore.dll. Find the correct one and it may solve all of your crashing problems. I went through that as well when I first installed FSX w/ Acceleration.

Thanks Joe that might solve my problem with steam when switching windows. I think it has fixed my issue switching windows for seting up pro atc X with fspassengers. also no more lagging in fsx also Thank you

RE: FSX is crashing - pbandpickleboy - 20-12-2018

I've had FSX installed for years, so it's hard to say about the addons. I've heard of issues with the (x86) directory, but the only problem I've really ever had is when editing and saving files such as aircraft.cfg for a particular plane.

I think I'm going to make sure I use version 6.0.5840.16386 of uiautomationcore.dll, which was recommended in other forums that I read through. I should be able to share my findings within the next few days. Would that still throw the fspassengers.dll error if that was really the problem?

RE: FSX is crashing - Joeflyer - 20-12-2018

(20-12-2018, 08:26 PM)pbandpickleboy Wrote: I've had FSX installed for years, so it's hard to say about the addons. I've heard of issues with the (x86) directory, but the only problem I've really ever had is when editing and saving files such as aircraft.cfg for a particular plane.

I think I'm going to make sure I use version  6.0.5840.16386 of uiautomationcore.dll, which was recommended in other forums that I read through. I should be able to share my findings within the next few days. Would that still throw the fspassengers.dll error if that was really the problem?

If you've had FSX installed for years, as you say, I'm surprised you haven't had more issues if you haven't had the correct UIautomationcore.dll residing in the main FSX folder after all of this time. Have you used FsP all of these years, too? If so, more often the problem is usually associated with other hardware or software that triggers the failures. Since I don't know if your sim is filled with addon aircraft and scenery, I can't really say if it's either one of those scenarios that have aided in the failures.

RE: FSX is crashing - Ignaciobp - 05-04-2020

My FSX is crashing...
My system is Windows 10, Microsoft Flight Simulator X, FS Passengers version is 4.0.0.0
When I open FSX a new message appear... (first time it happens after several years of "peace" between FSX & FS Passengers)
The message says:

"FSX has detected a problem with a third-party software program (add-on)

Name: FS Passengers
Version: 4.0.0.0
Company: Second Reality Software s.a.r.l.
File: FsPassengers/bin/fspassengersx.dll

Do you want to run this software (not recommended)?

To avoid seeing this message in the future, uninstall this program or disable its ability to star when running FSX....."

Can anybody shed a little light to fix this problem?? I do not understand why it was perfectly working and suddenly the fspassengersx.dll file is producing such a problem!!
Thanks!!

RE: FSX is crashing - Joeflyer - 05-04-2020

Sir, please do not resurrect a thread from 2018 to make your point. Seriously, make a new thread so that I can throw this one back into oblivion.
I understand your sudden urgent need but we need to make these threads reasonably in the present. Then I will respond to your new thread and put this one back into the archives.

RE: FSX is crashing - Ignaciobp - 06-04-2020

(05-04-2020, 11:02 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Sir, please do not resurrect a thread from 2018 to make your point. Seriously, make a new thread so that I can throw this one back into oblivion.
I understand your sudden urgent need but we need to make these threads reasonably in the present. Then I will respond to your new thread and put this one back into the archives.

Thank you, I will open a new thread!

RE: FSX is crashing - f3rr0 - 06-04-2020

(06-04-2020, 09:10 AM)Ignaciobp Wrote:
(05-04-2020, 11:02 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Sir, please do not resurrect a thread from 2018 to make your point. Seriously, make a new thread so that I can throw this one back into oblivion.

Thank you, I will open a new thread!

And please use the Search to find what you need.
There's a recent thread about the same problem where I've answered with a possible solution
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=19053