FsPassengers Forums
Making Stops - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Making Stops (/showthread.php?tid=18361)

Making Stops - butane - 01-10-2018

As it is right now FsPassenger only does one way flights, for example, KBOS to KJFK,  if fspassengers wants to keep up with their trend, and be as
real as possible they should have it so you can Take off from one airport and go to 2 or 3 before the final stop.
In the real word they are connecting flights, For example,  KBOS to KLAX, Then From KLAX to KHNL.
So from boston to LA, then to Hawaii..

of course when a plane such as a 737 takes off from boston to la, they re-fuel, then take off to Hawaii.
Fspassenger doesn't support that.. if you try to re-fuel it deny's you..

Saying that you should manage your fuel, well i'm a retired Airline Pilot, for TWA and i can tell you that many flights they are stops and one reason they do it is to refuel, even with flights with in the US, and the reason, is to enable the aircraft to carry more luggage (Cargo) and to do that they need to reduce the fuel but lets say they need to only be able to carry 30% but can't make the trip to the final airport, so what do they do? They make a a stop to re-fuel, yes they do that..

Any way they should add that on fspassenger for that reason and also to make things interesting and more realistic, because not all flights one non-stop flights., IN THE REAL WORLD!!!!

also another thing is when a pilot declares an emergency, they no longer have any 250 knots under 10,000 feet restriction..
most rules are off when there is a major emergency.. Because some times pilots must break them rules to get to safety, 
Maybe they need to keep the plane above 250 knots under 10k when going in for an emergency landing..
so that is another thing that should get change.

oh and for the record, no co-pilots gets on the horn and requests to go over 250 knots below 10k, they don't do it that way, they request it in the flight plan submissions.. That is when your given permission..
Not making a phone call.. LOL

Don't know who told the writes of this program that they get on the horn to request this but it's BS they don't do it that way, it's all 

done in the flight plan..

if a co-pilot said to me Captain i'l get on the horn and ask if we can go above 250 knots, i would say WTF? what are you talking about , you been smoking crack? Get on the horn with who? my mother? WTF!!!

trust me people there is no such procedure for traveling above 250 knots below 10,000 feet, doesn't exist...
Been a pilot for over 24 years, not once did any one get on the horn regarding flight actions..
by the way also they are some exempt people who can travel any speed they wish with out any permission, such as Airforce One,
The United states airforce or navy, in fact in air shows they do the speed of sound at 500 feet..
And airliners are also able to do this as well specific flights, such as government aircraft FBI, CIA, Local Law enforcement, Even the US mail
and the rule goes  

"EDIT: The 250-knot limit is not an absolute limit. The regulation says, “Unless operationally necessary, an aircraft shall not exceed 250 knots below 10,000 " They are some aircraft that needs to go above 250 knots in departures..

and also the space shuttle when it comes in for a landing at entry it is traveling at the speed of sound and 4000 feet is traveling at 600 knots , then The orbiter's main landing gear touches down on the runway at 214 to 226 miles per hour, followed by the nose gear. The drag chute is deployed, and the orbiter coasts to a stop..
250 knots does not apply to this aircraft, to say the least..

and NO you don't get a fine if your traveling above 250 knots below 10,000 feet, in fact there is no one there to see that you did that, except maybe the Air Traffic Control, and they are not going to go oh look he is at 300 knots at 7000 feet, i'm going to report him, No, this does not happen, they have more important things to do then to be the side police for the FAA.

Give me a brake, in my time of flying for TWA i have done 260 to 270 way below 10k many times not once did any one say anything to me at all, i didn't get a call from the tower saying TWA 109 please slow down, LOL

any way these are just some of the thing i wanted to mention and give the writes of this program some ideas to change...

Donny

RE: Making Stops - iflyfsx - 04-10-2018

In the real world, taking off and landing counts as one flight. In the real world, KOS to KLAX and KLAX to PHNL are two different fights. It may be the same airplane stopping to refuel, but they are two different flights. And I can't see how they would not unload and load passengers, too.

FSP doesn't require a flight plan, so you can't request your > 250kt clearance ahead. Guess what? It's not 100% realistic. Shocking! It's not meant to be. It's still an add-on to a "game," to make it *more* realistic. Did you really think you were getting a 100% realistic simulator for a few dollars?

Relax.

RE: Making Stops - butane - 15-01-2019

(04-10-2018, 08:55 PM)iflyfsx Wrote: In the real world, taking off and landing counts as one flight. In the real world, KOS to KLAX and KLAX to PHNL are two different fights. It may be the same airplane stopping to refuel, but they are two different flights. And I can't see how they would not unload and load passengers, too.

FSP doesn't require a flight plan, so you can't request your > 250kt clearance ahead. Guess what? It's not 100% realistic. Shocking! It's not meant to be. It's still an add-on to a "game," to make it *more* realistic. Did you really think you were getting a 100% realistic simulator for a few dollars?

Relax.

actually the 250 knots does exist but not as in fspassenger the entire software was to provide the most realistic, that is what he says it does, that is why he put that in there..  Making stops  is somewhat the same flight, when you buy a ticket from BOSTON to LA, some times your flight has a 1 hour stop or even only a 30 min stop, 

some times the passengers loaded in Boston going to LA when they have a stop in Texas many times the passengers that got on the plane in Boston stay on the plane and don't go into the airport where they made a stop, so yes it's the same flight,  not according to ACT and it might be a different flight plan yes but it's the same flight also its on the Airline tickets as well..
So yes the are in many ways the same flight just making a stop, 

if not, the passengers would be instructed to get off the plane at the stop and re-board another plane which does happen some times but not always.
many times it's the same plane and many times the passengers don't get off the aircraft during that stop..
So many times it's the SAME FLIGHT just making a stop, just like when you drive from one place to another on  maybe a 4 hour drive you make 1 or 2 stops get out of the car and get back in to continue the SAME TRIP!!!