FsPassengers Forums
Hello Again With New Problem! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Hello Again With New Problem! (/showthread.php?tid=18288)

Hello Again With New Problem! - Capt. G - 13-04-2018

Hello guys,

After being out of the country for awhile I am back for I hope a long period.

After my last saga with Thrustmaster and Dell I fixed up my old Windows 7 Pro computer and all was bliss, at least until after I had to leave town.

SO now I'm back and my hard drive was appearing to be gasping for air and I replaced it. Did a complete reinstall of the OS and it works great again.

Then I did a complete reinstall of Flight Simulator X and it also appears to be working fine except. (Knew that was coming didn't you?)

I tried to reinstall FSPassengers and it says great. Here is a copy of the install log:

-FsPassengers setup ver. Jan 23 2016 started: 13.04.2018 - 10:34

-Search if FsX is running
-OK FsX is not running
-Attempting to find FsX directory.
-Checking 64 byte registry for fsx vanilla
-Fsx vanilla Directory found: C:\FSX\
-Checking 64 byte registry for fsx steam edition
-64 byte registry not found, checking 32 byte registry for fsx steam edition
-Registry key of FsX steam edition not found or unreadable
-Checking FsX path, searching this file: C:\FSX\dialogs\dlgabout.spb
-FsX found ok
-Detecting OS and FsPassengers install path...
-Windows 7: 6.1
-FsPassengers will be installed in: C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Getting FSX version
-FsX version returned:  10.0.61472.0
-FsX version OK: SP2
-Check free space
-Free space Total Mb available: 1694454
-Check needed space
-Needed space: 147
-No previous version of FsPX 2016 detected.
-No previous version of FsPX 2008 detected.
-WARNING AppCompatFlags could not be checked, sub key doesn't exist or wasn't readable
-Start of file copy...
-Extracting file to: C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Ok: all files extracted correctly
-Attempting to find dll.xml file
-Getting FsX.exe version
-FsX.exe version: 10.0.61472
-fsx.cfg found in  C:\Users\Win7Pro\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg
-dll.xml found in  C:\Users\Win7Pro\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml
-Writting FsPassengers addon in dll.xml
-Start of dll.xml parsing----------------------------
-dll.xml, Nbr of addons found: 5
-dll.xml : ' Addon Manager'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Object Placement Tool'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Traffic Toolbox'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' Visual Effects Tool'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml : ' SODE Animation Module'  Xml ok.
-dll.xml written ok
-End of dll.xml parsing----------------------------
-Emptying old installation of FsPassengers into FsX's folder and/or creating new FsPassengers folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\FsPassengers
-Copying FsPassengers files into FSX's folder C:\FSX\FsPassengers
-Attempting to write Config file 'FsPassengers\bin\FsXPath.cfg'
-Config file 'FsPassengers\bin\FsXPath.cfg' written ok
-Creating shortcut in start menu...
-Number of files not replaced by update (to keep user's modification): 0
-No update of more_option.cfg required, this is a fresh install
-No update of money_currency.cfg required, this is a fresh install
-Writting FsPassengers's windows in missionpanel.cfg
-missionpanel.cfg - ok
-Adding uninstall key to registry
-Uninstall key added to registry
-Checking if simconnect and all library are installed
-FsPassengersX.dll loaded fine - simconnect and library ok
-Install completed with success
-Writting this log in FsPassengers folder...

Used this version since it had been working before I left.

And then I tried to reinstall GSX and same story, nothing as you can see from this picture:

https:\\www.dlgaco.com\FSX-PROBLEM\No Addon_NoFSPa.jpg

I'm hoping that someone here may be able to shed some light on what I may need to do to get these two great programs running again.

I'm asking here because I have never been made to feel like I have no idea what I'm doing like the owner of the Dream Team implies when you ask a question on his forum. (Must be great to be the only expert in the world!)

So here's hoping you guys can help me out once again.

I must add that all the airports and scenery I have since reinstalled work flawlessly. It's just these two programs.

So thanks a lot and hope to hear something soon.

Capt. G

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Joeflyer - 14-04-2018

Does FsP work without GSX installed? Maybe Dan can address this further if that's the case. I didn't see any issues with the install log.

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Capt. G - 15-04-2018

(14-04-2018, 06:32 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Does FsP work without GSX installed? Maybe Dan can address this further if that's the case. I didn't see any issues with the install log.

Thanks for replying Joeflyer.

I was glad to hear that the install log shows no problems.

I think I forgot to mention also that there is no Addon Manager available even though everything I have looked at shows that it is available.

And GSX says that it requires SODE to work and I have verified that SODE is installed and is working. At least it says that it is.

And Flightbeam Studies Manager program syas that it is installed when I install one of there sceneries.

So I am stumped by this.  Wall

Best part is that joy sticks work fine!!  Big Grin

Although I really don't want to do it I may just bite the bullet and completely remove everything and start over from scratch.

Will keep in touch.

Capt. G

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Joeflyer - 16-04-2018

Ok, but that still didn't answer my question. Does FsP work without GSX installed? Would there be a issue of uninstalling GSX first and testing a flight with FsP??

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Capt. G - 16-04-2018

(16-04-2018, 04:11 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Ok, but that still didn't answer my question. Does FsP work without GSX installed? Would there be a issue of uninstalling GSX first and testing a flight with FsP??

Hi,

Well I guess I wasn't very plain.

No, it does not work with or without GSX installed.

Another reason is that GSX doesn't even work with or without FsP. Guess that makes sense.

The last time that I had words with the GSX creator, besides it being completly my fault and nothing else AFTER I informed him that it could NOT be anything else involved since this was a fresh install, NO antivirus, NO firewall no nothing except the OS (Win7Pro) and FSX it was still my fault as I had not installed it properly. At that point I was under the mistaken impression that it was the GSX installer that was supposed to install the program and not me. Boy, how wrong can you be these days.

After running around with GSX for a few days and getting nowhere I used REVO Uninstaller Pro and completely removed GSX and I then ran the installer for FsP.

It said that everything installed properly and to enjoy. I then started FSX so that I might be able to re-register FsP but as I said there was nothing. No Addon Manager, NO GSX and NO FsP.

So then I was told that I had to have SODE installed for the Addon Manager to work so I then reinstalled GSX checked and sure enough, the GSX installer said that it HAD installed SODE and that it was working properly and I did register the programs that it said needed to be registered.

As a check I then installed an HD airport I purchased from Flightbeam Studios KSFOHD which uses SODE and their own Flightbeam - Manager System and not the GSX  which uses the Couatl Scripting engine and the Flightbeam - Manager System said that SODE was indeed installed or it would have installed it.

Well the airport installed nicely but the first thing that I noticed was that there were no jetways showing which work with the SODE program.

So here I am again at a point where I m not really sure which direction I should be going in. Actually, I m beginning to think that there might be something involving the SODE program but again what I have no idea.

I placed a support request with Flightbeam Studios informing them of the jetways problem but so far I have not received an answer.

In the mean time I have been playing around with X-Plane 11 and I must say that it sure runs circles around FSX and I may be going over to that platform even if it does mean I would no longer be able to use Fsp and it doesn't even require GSX because that stuff is already handled by X-Plane 11.

Again I will keep you posted on what I eventually find out with this FsP and GSX problem so remember to let the gear down while landing!

Capt. G

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Joeflyer - 17-04-2018

Well, sir, you might have mucked things up in your sim a little bit without knowing it. Sure happens to alot of us. That addon manager may be the key, however.

RE: Hello Again With New Problem! - Capt. G - 19-04-2018

Well I m back with some good news!

Taking you to heart about mucking things up was just a little too simple!

After trying to do an complete uninstall of FSX (Trying it in all the tried and true fashions) I found myself unable to even reinstall it on my clean drive. It always came up with only 2 choices, repair or uninstall.

You click on repair and it says that will only work for installed programs?

You click on uninstall and it  says that will only work for installed programs?

Catch 22 again.

So being out on a new limb so to speak I started playing around with some old hard drives I had and I found one from 2015 that looked in pretty good shape so hooked it up to my computer and would you believe it had a copy of FSX with everything and it is working perfectly?

The only problem is that when I fired FsPassengers up it said that my license has been blocked (1st time this has happened since I bought it in 2009) and says I will have to reinstall it. Sent a message to Dan so will have to wait however long to hear back from him.  Wonder

In the mean time Im putting it all onto a new drive so I should be good to go for a little while longer.

Will keep you posted.  Smile

Capt. G