FsPassengers Forums
Alternatives - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Prepar3D General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Alternatives (/showthread.php?tid=18250)

Alternatives - andyjohnston - 28-12-2017

I thought maybe people could start looking at alternatives, in case FSPax for v4 never materializes.

I tried FSCaptain, but it wouldn't work with my install for some reason, would only detect my default FSX install.

What others ar out there?

RE: Alternatives - tonaz - 29-12-2017

I am waiting for REX's SimAir.
It looks as funny as FSPax, but not complex as FSCaptain.

RE: Alternatives - tonaz - 25-03-2019

nevermind, simair will never see the light ahahahah

RE: Alternatives - Brittanix - 25-03-2019

I have given up on waiting for FSPax and whilst searching for an alternative I found SimBuddy a couple of months ago.
I have been completely hooked to it since. The premium version is quite expensive (at GBP 5 per month), but you can use it for free with some features missing. The free version has enough features though for my liking.
Personally I pay for the premium around every other month, as I do enjoy it very much and I like to support the developer for the work.

RE: Alternatives - Redwood - 25-03-2019

(25-03-2019, 03:49 PM)Brittanix Wrote: I have given up on waiting for FSPax and whilst searching for an alternative I found SimBuddy a couple of months ago.
I have been completely hooked to it since. The premium version is quite expensive (at GBP 5 per month), but you can use it for free with some features missing. The free version has enough features though for my liking.
Personally I pay for the premium around every other month, as I do enjoy it very much and I like to support the developer for the work.

I find it very hard to get immersed in sim buddy. You can create a VA but you can’t change seating configuration for your aircraft unless you pick the custom build. But if you pick the custom build you cannot be ranked against other airlines and then you have to deal with setting up all other coasts such as fuel prices, building rent etc... but like I said it’s pointless because you aren’t being ranked against anyone since you can essentially cheat by having zero costs. Why are you only allowed to assign one flight between cities? There is an area to assign departure and arrival times but when you go to pick the flight it’s no where to be found. So you can just leave and depart whenever you want? The website overall is Just plain buggy clicking around also. The passengers get hungry/upset way too easily. Why does the entire plane board basically starving and thirsty? That’s not realistic at all. Don’t get me wrong, there are some things I like but for now it doesn’t do it for me. I’ll stick with FS Captain for now and pair with projectfly for tracking. FS captain just needs airline management to be the total package. I agree simair is never happening but at least projectfly, FS Captain and Simbuddy are still actively being developed. Maybe one day one of them can put it all
Together. And if FS passengers comes out ever then great we will have that too

RE: Alternatives - Brittanix - 26-03-2019

I agree with everything you say redwood.
At the moment im just looking for something simple to use, where I can set up easy routes without timetables and without setting up specific parameters.
Im just enjoying flying, with inflight passengers and FA, and receiving a score after each flight. Not too bothered about the rest.
If thats all one is looking for, then Simbuddy does the job. Just use the free version, can‘t really go wrong.

The latest stable release has some annoying bugs. I have been using the latest BETA client and that works fine. And yes, the website can be annoying, but the SimBuddy client (BETA Version) works great.

Im still checking this site every now and again and hope that FSPax will come to life on P3D4 one day.

RE: Alternatives - aibiria - 26-03-2019

Good post actually.

I am a hard flight simmer since 1998 and I have been through the following:

fspassengers
fseconomy
fscaptain
simbuddy
airhauler

I still fall for fspassengers. I don't know. Maybe it is because I bought it when it was launched back in 2005 and I got great memories reading this forum and the actual flights, the love and attention which it was put into this great project. I Dont know how long you have been using fspassengers for but back in 2005 it was one of the best or maybe the best addon released for fs2004. It was pretty revolutionary. It is still the best addon for the flightsim community (management wise)

I have been flying with xplane 11 since I got my pilot license, to be fairly honest, xplane is way superior to prepar3d but I will definitely purchase fspassengers AGAIN and AGAIN cause I just love this project, even though I dont use prepar3d v4 at all... I would still come back to prepar3d and start my airline again.

fseconomy is great for general aircraft, simbuddy is a wanna be fspassengers but it does not have the charm, fscaptain is great, actually is the one I would love to have in xplane but it's missing the economy bit (I am into sales, I love business! ha!) and airhauler needs somebody who is willing to give up his job and work for airhauler instead...

That´s my opinion anyway!

Regards from sunny Spain!

oh gosh!! I just noticed this post started back in 2017 lol

RE: Alternatives - markgr1nyer - 29-03-2019

Hi

I use "A Pilots life" by sim bit world

I think its fantastic. You don't get feedback from the passengers as such but a bad flight means less XP to less progression but its cross platform (P3D V4 and XP11) and you can use the same career for both platforms.

I tried simbuddy and liked it but the feature I used most was not available the last time I logged in (real world flight allocations per airline) which APL has built into it.

APL is much more about the pilot side of it than the business side of it, but you can't go straight into a flag carrier airline such as BA as each airline has a star rating so there is still a sense of progression within the program.

Support on APL is incredible, often getting replies (In Europe) within 30 mins in my experience.

APL is currently a stable WIP too, with some fantastic features coming soon such as multi-base airlines, multi-leg flights (eg EGKK > EGPH > EDDT > EGKK) and a shop where you can use your 'salary' to skip flights on the roster you don't want to do (you get allocated 5 flights at a time) or buy more XP, flight reports (more detail than just how much XP is earned) and a community

RE: Alternatives - Redwood - 29-03-2019

I’ve seen people stream A pilots life and it does look promising. The multi leg flights for the trip assignments will go a long way. I saw the streamer point out that some of the flights didn’t have departure and arrival times though which is an immersion killer although I do understand it. It looks like only one person is working on the software so I assume that he has to find all these schedules and times for all these airlines and input them himself. I’m not sure if the user can do this themselves or create their own schedules for the airline. That might be something to consider down the line as I don’t think limiting customers is the way to go. Some people who want full realistic immersion to go through the process of working for the regional airline and some people just want to get hired at United right away and fly 747s. Hopefully he gets some solid support for all his work. I personally want to see a few more things before I buy. Introducing an economy wouldn’t be a bad idea though. If you are flying for X airline adhering to the schedule and not crashing your plane you would probably want to have a financial side as well. Right now it’s no different than a virtual airline

RE: Alternatives - markgr1nyer - 30-03-2019

I believe there are online databases that he uses to minimise the workload, but airlines such as Air Berlin and Monarch are still in the game as well so there may be some manual input. An alert we got a few weeks ago said the next update is the shop page, where you can spend your salary, but APL is heavily focused on the pilot side rather than any business side, which is what I personally like about it, so I doubt we will see the ability to create our own airlines any time soon, as a real pilot doesn't run their own airline (99% of the time anyway lol)

RE: Alternatives - vjeanmarc - 17-06-2019

Can be a solution
https://tfdidesign.com/pacx.php

RE: Alternatives - morterna - 17-06-2019

Schau dir das an

https://orbxdirect.com/theskypark

RE: Alternatives - tonaz - 17-06-2019

@vjeanmark
Too much early state. No company management. No proper flight log. Very few checks on how you fly.

@morterna
Looks like take that crate and bring it there.
Poor.

RE: Alternatives - vjeanmarc - 17-06-2019

(17-06-2019, 11:50 AM)tonaz Wrote: @vjeanmark
Too much early state. No company management. No proper flight log. Very few checks on how you fly.

@morterna
Looks like take that crate and bring it there.
Poor.

Yes still in development, but it has the merit to exist ...

Better than nothing.