FsPassengers Forums
2 general questions. - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: 2 general questions. (/showthread.php?tid=18099)

2 general questions. - semiless - 01-06-2017

Just bought it, love it, great little application. This really made my day, week, month euhem, life! Beer jk

So I got a few issues with handling fs passengers, and I'm sure I'll find more as I keep playing it.

1st big thingie

One of the issues is the classification of the "overall flight result"
I had óne perfect flight, but the last flight was classified as "poor"
And I know why as it is stated below in the report.

Apparently I overspeeded during the flight. This is correct, I know I did.
But it was due to a sudden changing headwind at high altitude that made me jump from mach 0.85 all the way up to 0.90.
Since fsx and fs passengers lack sophisticated weather, radar and sattelite data, and communication services it is impossible to forecast these events.
So I'm simply at the mercy of real world weather changes? (which I absolutely want to use) so no static weather suggestions for me.

Is there any other piloting method to avoid these sudden high altitude head winds that cause overspeeding?
I know it is just a feature of the application, but honestly! Who's doing these flight result analysis and classification in real life? If there are any.
Are pilots flights penalized on overspeeding in real life just because the wind farted the wrong way?

I like to be penalized on things I can control, not on things that I can't control.
So if there is no solution for this, can I remove specific penalties from the list so it is ignored?

2nd little thingie

The flight report also always mentions that the "service quality is bad". It doesn't seem to alter the actual report as I had one perfect flight which also had bad service quality (apparently)
But if this is a fs passengers inside joke "hahaha"
If not, then what determines service quality?
I even carefully plan my ETE and ETA so i can fully spread drinks and meals over the whole course of the flight. But the service quality is always bad. Is there a option to buy caviar somewhere in this app?

seems the support forum is alot more active and my question better fits in there. I just realized! So if a moderator sees the same way I like my thread to be moved there.

RE: 2 general questions. - Joeflyer - 05-06-2017

Answer to #1) Either buy FSUIPC to control the drastic wind shifts or buy Active Sky 2016. Yes, default weather engine is notorious for drastic wind shifts.
If you don't prefer a addon weather engine like Active Sky, FSUIPC is a module that is a must have in my opinion. It will tame the default weather engine.

#2) Go into the FsP settings while in FSX or P3D to set the food quality and price. Also, review the documentation that comes with the software and review the FAQ on the forum. Lots of information in both Smile