FsPassengers Forums
[Solved}Install file is not Win32 application( - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: [Solved}Install file is not Win32 application( (/showthread.php?tid=17788)

[Solved}Install file is not Win32 application( - Loco - 10-07-2016

My OS is WinXP. In FAQ it's mentioned that FXPassengers works on Win XP. I was using demo version 20150923. It works.  Now I purchased official version 20160123 and it doesn't work. I'm upset

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - SamTDS - 10-07-2016

Support for windows xp was recently stopped, if you still have a copy of the installer that you used the demo on then you should be able to install it send use it. Although win XP is brill as it just works I recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 or higher for playing sims and games.

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - Loco - 10-07-2016

(10-07-2016, 09:11 PM)SamTDS Wrote: Support for windows xp was recently stopped,  if you still have a copy of the installer that you used the demo on then you should be able to install it send use it. Although win XP is brill as it just works I recommend you upgrade to Windows 7 or higher for playing sims and games.

If support for windows xp was recently stopped why do they still claim another thing? http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=faq&ver=fsx&question=6 

Unfortunately, I can't upgrade my OS on this PC. I use previous version but it's demo one. I bought oficial version, I paid money, and I'd like to play.

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - Joeflyer - 11-07-2016

Loco, Sam might have been referring to Microsoft not officially supporting XP any longer.
Try this. Uninstall FsP, check to see if the FsP folder still remains and then delete it. Reboot your pc and then re-install FsP.
Please report back.

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - SamTDS - 11-07-2016

Joe as Microsoft no longer supported winxp developers can also no longer get the free virtual box for testing in. This means that only devs with a disc of winxp or have it already installed can continue support with it. I personally have searched for a winxp virtual box or ISO and cannot find one preventing me from having one. I have 1 machine running winxp and install disc we have is broken so when that one dies winxp is over for me.

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - Loco - 12-07-2016

Thank you for your responds, guys. I'll try it tonight. But I realy don't understand how uninstalling FsP can help to run a new install file if OS denied me do this before. But if there is no another ideas I'll try and report you back

By the way, may be there is a way to exchange my official file dated 16012016 to previous one. My demo install file dated 23092015 runs on winXP

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - Loco - 16-07-2016

(11-07-2016, 02:40 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Loco, Sam might have been referring to Microsoft not officially supporting XP any longer.
Try this. Uninstall FsP, check to see if the FsP folder still remains and then delete it. Reboot your pc and then re-install FsP.
Please report back.

Unfortunatelly, it didn't work. Now I'm trying to install windows 7. There is no driver of my MB for win 7 but have one idea how to solve it.

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - SamTDS - 17-07-2016

(16-07-2016, 10:47 AM)Loco Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 02:40 PM)Joeflyer Wrote: Loco, Sam might have been referring to Microsoft not officially supporting XP any longer.
Please report back.

Unfortunatelly, it didn't work. Now I'm trying to install windows 7. There is no driver of my MB for win 7 but have one idea how to solve it.

what do you mean by "my MB"? i know some places to get drivers

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - Loco - 19-07-2016

(17-07-2016, 01:58 PM)SamTDS Wrote:
(16-07-2016, 10:47 AM)Loco Wrote:
Please report back.

what do you mean by "my MB"? i know some places to get drivers

I have pretty old MB - AsRock P4VM800. The producer couldn't imagine that anybody still using this hardware :Smile
But I've solved my problem two ways) First of all, I instaledl Win 7 and managed to use chipset drivers for Win XP (using compatibility mode). I installed FSX, FSPassengers and began enjoing game.
But then I recognised that I've could unlock my last-year version FSPassenger using the same key. And it works! Wink))
Now I've got two OSs and two FSPassengers and trying transfer my pilot and company from new OS to previous one.
Thank you guys for your trouble!

RE: Install file is not Win32 application( - SamTDS - 20-07-2016

no problem