FsPassengers Forums
IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing (/showthread.php?tid=17714)

IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - UAL6532 - 02-06-2016

So new problem with FSX crashing to desktop and it seems to be narrowing down to an FS Passengers problem.  I have been a FSPASS user for many years and am hoping this can be resolved.  I notice this issue was brought up back in January, and it seems to have kind of stalled (unless I haven't found the answer yet).  Thought I would find the answer here.

Issue:  Until recently, FSX crashes when FSPassengers X is being used.  Then go to restart FSX and get that the FS encountered a problem with a third software party...FSPassengers.  If I select yes to continue to use FSPassengers, FSX CTD before it even opens.  If I select no, FSX will open without a problem.

After doing multiple forum readings, here is what I found

1. Go in the registry editor and delete the IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll.  This does work, but only for one flight.  After restarting FSX, FSPassengers works.  Then sometime throughout that flight, the dll magically re-estates itself in the registry and the moment you go to click on a menu item, FSX CTD and your now stuck with the original issue.

2. Re-install FSPassengers.  Did that, was able to do about 5 flights, then original issue came back.

3. Re-install all of FSX and add-on programs.  Took almost 4 days to do, due to all my ORBX scenery, but I did it along with upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10.  Again, worked great for about 5 flights, then back to original problem.

I read forums back in January how it seemed like this issue was being worked and the developers of FSPassengers pushed out an update.  Seems like the update did not work and nothing has been worked on this issue since.  If I am missing a solution, or forum page, please fill me in.  I am open to try new things.  Love using FSPassengers and am hoping I can continue to use it.

Thanks in advance.

If I am needed to provide a CTD report, then could someone please explain how I do that.  I have got asked for it on other forums, but when asked how to provide that, I get no answer. Mainly I would like the issue fixed rather than how to provide a CTD report. If this is an issue that looks like it will not be resolved, then does anyone have any recommendations on programs like FSPassengers that do work.

RE: IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - SamTDS - 02-06-2016

(02-06-2016, 08:00 AM)UAL6532 Wrote: So new problem with FSX crashing to desktop and it seems to be narrowing down to an FS Passengers problem.  I have been a FSPASS user for many years and am hoping this can be resolved.  I notice this issue was brought up back in January, and it seems to have kind of stalled (unless I haven't found the answer yet).  Thought I would find the answer here.

Issue:  Until recently, FSX crashes when FSPassengers X is being used.  Then go to restart FSX and get that the FS encountered a problem with a third software party...FSPassengers.  If I select yes to continue to use FSPassengers, FSX CTD before it even opens.  If I select no, FSX will open without a problem.

After doing multiple forum readings, here is what I found

1. Go in the registry editor and delete the IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll.  This does work, but only for one flight.  After restarting FSX, FSPassengers works.  Then sometime throughout that flight, the dll magically re-estates itself in the registry and the moment you go to click on a menu item, FSX CTD and your now stuck with the original issue.

2. Re-install FSPassengers.  Did that, was able to do about 5 flights, then original issue came back.

3. Re-install all of FSX and add-on programs.  Took almost 4 days to do, due to all my ORBX scenery, but I did it along with upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10.  Again, worked great for about 5 flights, then back to original problem.

I read forums back in January how it seemed like this issue was being worked and the developers of FSPassengers pushed out an update.  Seems like the update did not work and nothing has been worked on this issue since.  If I am missing a solution, or forum page, please fill me in.  I am open to try new things.  Love using FSPassengers and am hoping I can continue to use it.

Thanks in advance.

If I am needed to provide a CTD report, then could someone please explain how I do that.  I have got asked for it on other forums, but when asked how to provide that, I get no answer. Mainly I would like the issue fixed rather than how to provide a CTD report. If this is an issue that looks like it will not be resolved, then does anyone have any recommendations on programs like FSPassengers that do work.

Please can you GOTO the fspassengers in public documents and delete nodump.txt in the bin directory and then give us the logs after you have had another ctd with FSX. Something else that would be rather useful is to give is the event viewer logs. I will make a video and add it to this thread later so you know how to check the even viewer logs.

RE: IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - UAL6532 - 03-06-2016

SAMTDS,

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to help figure this out.

I deleted the nodump.txt as you said. As for continuing on with getting a log, or event viewer, I do apologize, but it may be a week or so until I can get that to you. My parents are flying in today for vacation so I probably won't be on FS for about a week or so, but the next time I am on and it does CTD, I will gladly post that on this thread. Again I apologize for the wait.

Since I have posted this thread, I think I may currently be finding a semi possible solution. I read in a different thread that the issue was with an add-on aircraft. Particularly a POSKY one. That was not the case for me, but I did un-install the most recent aircraft I added. The issue (CTD then the problem with third party software when trying to start back up) happened for about 3, or 4 more times after that, then haven't had an issue for about 3 flights now. After each one, I checked the registry and the dll file has not shown up yet. So the issue may indeed be with certain add-on things added. If you are a developer of FS Passengers, I wanted to provide you a link with that aircraft so you could possibly try and experiment with it. See if the issue comes to you after 3 or 4 flights. It is not a large aircraft, freeware, and particularly easy to install and un-install. It is just a drag and drop of an aircraft folder. The link is below. It is titled Bombardier CRJ-700 & 200 Packs. I just had the -200 installed when I noticed this problem.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=CRJ-200&categoryId=&page=1&filename=

Thanks again for looking into this and will check back up once my parents leave and I start flying. Should be in about a week and a half or so.

RE: IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - SamTDS - 03-06-2016

(03-06-2016, 01:12 AM)UAL6532 Wrote: SAMTDS,

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to help figure this out.  

I deleted the nodump.txt as you said.  As for continuing on with getting a log, or event viewer, I do apologize, but it may be a week or so until I can get that to you. My parents are flying in today for vacation so I probably won't be on FS for about a week or so, but the next time I am on and it does CTD, I will gladly post that on this thread. Again I apologize for the wait.

Since I have posted this thread, I think I may currently be finding a semi possible solution.  I read in a different thread that the issue was with an add-on aircraft.  Particularly a POSKY one.  That was not the case for me, but I did un-install the most recent aircraft I added.  The issue (CTD then the problem with third party software when trying to start back up) happened for about 3, or 4 more times after that, then haven't had an issue for about 3 flights now.  After each one, I checked the registry and the dll file has not shown up yet.  So the issue may indeed be with certain add-on things added.  If you are a developer of FS Passengers, I wanted to provide you a link with that aircraft so you could possibly try and experiment with it.  See if the issue comes to you after 3 or 4 flights.  It is not a large aircraft, freeware, and particularly easy to install and un-install.  It is just a drag and drop of an aircraft folder. The link is below.  It is titled Bombardier CRJ-700 & 200 Packs. I just had the -200 installed when I noticed this problem.

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1&keywords=CRJ-200&categoryId=&page=1&filename=

Thanks again for looking into this and will check back up once my parents leave and I start flying.  Should be in about a week and a half or so.
OK, I tbh forgot to make the video for accessing the event viewer. I will try it out, I'm planning on getting tons of freeware aircraft soon anyways and if I don't have problems then this will join them

RE: IgnoreFreeLibrary<fspassengersx.dll> keeps reappearing - jkskhaley - 04-06-2016

I haven't had this problem since I deleted the POSKY aircraft, but I'm still hesitant to say that was the problem. I thought it was tied to the installation of ORBX products and since I returned to Ultimate Traffic, I haven't had this issue.

I'm struggling with the exact cause of the problem. I may try the ORBX products again and see what I can find out.

I also recently converted to Windows 10 and wondered if this program is having some teething problems with the OS

JH