FsPassengers Forums
FSP P3D wont install?? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Support (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: FSP P3D wont install?? (/showthread.php?tid=17698)

FSP P3D wont install?? - neo2810 - 09-05-2016

When I try and install the P3D demo version of FSP I get this:

[Image: FsZbm8P.jpg]

I'm navigating to my P3D root folder. Why oh why?

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 10-05-2016

Neo, please provide your system specs. Also, is your antivirus disabled? Run the installer as admin? Which build of P3D do you have installed?

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - neo2810 - 13-05-2016

Hi Joel,

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H
Processor: Intel i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Memory: 16.0 GB Crucial DDR3
GFX: Nvidia GTX780

Antivirus disabled
Running installer as admin
P3D v3.2.1

Why does the error menton FSX when this is the P3D installer?

I've also tried installing it with Elads migration tool running for FSX > P3Dv3 and same error...

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 13-05-2016

Neo, are you certain that you are choosing P3D when you begin the installation process? You get the different options to install in either type of sim (FSX, FSX-SE and different versions of P3D), so I'm wondering if you chose the FSX one instead of P3D 3.0+. Firstly, wipe out any file related to FsP that might have been left over during the installation process. Reboot pc and try again. You don't need to use a migration tool at all and it may have some undesirable results.

I only ran the migration tool as a test to ensure the installer wasn't the fsx installer masquerading as p3d... That error screen is the first screen I get, I don't get given a choice of sim at all??!
I have never had FSP install previously on this OS build so there can be no files left anywhere unless the installer I'm trying to run spits out files before the process starts..

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 13-05-2016

Oh wait, you have P3D 3.2.1? The latest P3D is 3.2.3.16769
Is this the one you have? And, where did you install P3D? Separate drive or (x86)?

Ah yes, 3.2.3, the latest. P3D Is on a separate drive - G:\Lockheed.....

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 14-05-2016

Neo, I have attempted to get Dan to help out with this since I am running out of options for you. I have emailed him, so I do hope he will view this thread soon.
Other than uninstalling P3D/re-installing P3D and naming the new folder to P3DV3.2, I don't know what else to suggest. Let's hope Dan makes an appearance very soon!

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - neo2810 - 14-05-2016

Thanks Joe, I'll wait for Dan to comment. Hope we can sort this, I've missed FSP since moving to P3D a year ago..

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 15-05-2016

Thanks for the tip! I don't know why this should have to be done anyway. Maybe it's a Windows 10 quirk? I have Win 7 and use P3D and FSX and have not had this issue crop up.

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - neo2810 - 18-05-2016

FSX trick didn't work... I'm at a loss. Has Dan abandoned us?

RE: FSP P3D wont install?? - Joeflyer - 18-05-2016

That stinks. I was hoping there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. Dan does this from time to time, which is very unfortunate. I've written him but have not heard a peep out of him. I suppose Dan feels the need for another extended absence since he worked long hours on the updates. Of course he has a full-time job apart from FsP.
I know...it doesn't help out with the problems here.