FsPassengers Forums
[After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? (/showthread.php?tid=17546)

Pages: 1 2

[After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - DanSteph - 26-02-2016

Hi fellow users,

After years of good service the old forum was killed has died and is now replaced by this brand new MyBB forum !
Please post here any comment, remark or problem you may encounter about this new forum.

Much thanks and happy foruming Beer

RIP the old custom forum.... he sustained up to 161'000 post gracefully but was unable to follow php evolution.
(And the website needed a refresh anyway, php 4 support will soon be discontinued)
[Image: 160226-023044_rip_old_phorum.jpg]

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - SamTDS - 27-02-2016

Now I can finnaly get in after many a derp trying to login

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - AlexRainbows - 27-02-2016

It's pretty!!!!! Smile

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - SamTDS - 27-02-2016

I joined July last year, looks like some of the fourms transfer failed.

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - Joeflyer - 28-02-2016

Sam, which ones failed?

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - SamTDS - 28-02-2016

(28-02-2016, 02:18 AM)Joeflyer Wrote: Sam, which ones failed?

Registration date. Mine that it shows if off by about 7 years. I joined around July last year when I purchased fsp lol

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - Joeflyer - 28-02-2016

Maybe Dan fat-fingered the keyboard again

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - SamTDS - 28-02-2016

(28-02-2016, 02:36 AM)Joeflyer Wrote: Maybe Dan fat-fingered the keyboard again

Checked back on my posts to my first post when I joined and it was the 11th of July last year

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - DanSteph - 28-02-2016

(28-02-2016, 02:43 AM)SamTDS Wrote: Checked back on my posts to my first post when I joined and it was the 11th of July last year

Yes thanks for pointing this error, I did choose the bad field of the database (modifystamp instead of datestamp), I'll update soon all the profiles with the corrects dates (register and last active). Your first post was 1436618579 and not 1201643161 Wink

On a side not, this "bug" might not be visible on much profile because it was a pure hazard that the modifystamp was so wrong.
It mean that in a thread you wrote the modifystamp (the last updated post) was done in 2008, 7 years before !???
Maybe you made a necro post in the old forum ? anyway choosing this field instead of the datestamp (the date of the post) was a bad idea.

And as I'm verbose tonight Turning the old forum didn't had register date and last active date in profile, so during the transfer my script was looking
at all forums database to find the earlier and latest post of each user. Same for the time online which is a calculus based on post number.

JoeFlyer, your real registration date is 05-05-2006 and not 06-07-2005 (probably necro post also)

Edit 5am: Date bug solved

(28-02-2016, 03:42 AM)DanSteph Wrote:
(28-02-2016, 02:43 AM)SamTDS Wrote: Checked back on my posts to my first post when I joined and it was the 11th of July last year

Yes thanks for pointing this error, I did choose the bad field of the database (modifystamp instead of datestamp), I'll update soon all the profiles with the corrects dates (register and last active). Your first post was 1436618579 and not 1201643161 Wink

On a side not, this "bug" might not be visible on much profile because it was a pure hazard that the modifystamp was so wrong.
It mean that in a thread you wrote the modifystamp (the last updated post) was done in 2008, 7 years before !???
Maybe you made a necro post in the old forum ? anyway choosing this field instead of the datestamp (the date of the post) was a bad idea.

And as I'm verbose tonight Turning the old forum didn't had register date and last active date in profile, so during the transfer my script was looking
at all forums database to find the earlier and latest post of each user. Same for the time online which is a calculus based on post number.

JoeFlyer, your real registration date is 05-05-2006 and not 06-07-2005 (probably necro post also)

Edit 5am: Date bug solved
Thanks Dan, I remember my first post was when I made the rebate and I was talking on the fourms in the thread asking where you gone

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - Joeflyer - 29-02-2016

Thank you, Sir Dan Smile

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - simmerX - 18-03-2016

RIP Dan Demo as well. I know I know Off topic

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - omsyndrom - 26-04-2016

Yeah looks good dan! Beer

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - TrevorSP - 30-05-2016

I am sure I speak for practically everyone on here when I say "Well done and thank you so much for a job that was done brilliantly and on all the difficult jobs you have had not only just with the board, but the program itself in all it's new guises, just recently !!"

I would personally like to thank you for the particularly high standard of work done for the Genuine FSX + Acceleration + a Plethora of other add-ons that you couldn't possibly know about before hand! The standard has been consistently high, with as usual, the end result a fantastic add-on for Flight Simulator. It turns the game into an entirely different game, consistently having to think about, not only flying, the money in your pocket, fuel, load, ticket prices, food prices and quality, currency rates, where to buy the cheapest fuel? Here or just before your return journey at your destination? Questions like this we never had to think about before. Is the movie the right length for the flight, and are they going to be angry if you land as it's ending and they don't get to see the end or more seriously, did I get that service done before I left on this long haul flight, I can't remember ! !

Your whole concept is brilliant and there is nothing that has even tried to "take on" FSPassengers as far as I know, but you have such a fantastic and mostly friendly fan base in your forum who are friendly, informative, some full of what seems like never ending knowledge about the program etc. The users of the forum deserve praise too in my opinion. I have never seen Trolls or idiots on this board, like you do on others, whether this is down to clever moderating, or hopefully, just a crowd of enthusiasts enjoying the program too much to even think about being rude or horrible to someone else.

I am disabled, stuck in a wheelchair now and "Play" if that is the right word, FSX Genuine when I can, it's one of the last of my hobbies that I can still do as well as before I was disabled. So I wanted to write to you and say thank you, but I thought a more public thank you would be better and I hope that this comes to your attention. I have only been with you for about 7 years or so, I hope to be still here for some time to come !!! It's just walking I can't crack any more !!!

Dan, well done.
With very best wishes,
Trevor

RE: [After migration] Welcome to this new MyBB forum - Problems comments or remarks ? - gsantos_cnf - 01-06-2019

Wow, man!! I feel a kind of salt water drip from my eyes.

Go, Go Dan!!! You'll win this!!!
I send regards from Brazil!!