FsPassengers Forums
Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? (/showthread.php?tid=16019)

Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - BEAR - 11-12-2015

Hi,

Is there a posibillity to serve food and/or drinks below the default 6.000feet ? It's not listed in any edit-config file.
In the old days of "the pioneer phase of aviation", more then once I cruise below that altitude. 1.500 feet AGL for visual contact to the scenery.
Who can help me ?!

Regards Guus.
Belgium.

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - Joeflyer - 11-12-2015

Hello BEAR, in the real world airlines won't serve below 10k feet. And, if you are flying GA aircraft you won't have service either. Do you typically
cruise the aircraft at 6,000 and not any higher? Of course I never cruise an aircraft below 10k and can serve food/drinks at any time, but this also
dependent on the terrain that is being flown over. If the terrain is 3,000 ft and you are cruising at 6,000 ft, FsP will detect that you are too low
to serve anything.

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - BEAR - 11-12-2015

Hi Joeflyer,

Thanks for quick reply. In fact you are not comming with an answer to my question ! It's OK that you tell something about your way of flying. If I
face "THE Golden Age" of aviation, I have enough reason to ask serving food/drinks below FL60.

Regards Guus.

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - SamTDS - 11-12-2015

Quote:BEAR wrote:
Hi Joeflyer,

Thanks for quick reply. In fact you are not comming with an answer to my question ! It's OK that you tell something about your way of flying. If I
face "THE Golden Age" of aviation, I have enough reason to ask serving food/drinks below FL60.

Regards Guus.
Send Dan an email asking if he can include an option for that, it may be delayed in development but should work. Itly be fun to fly a dc-3 with a service

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - Leftcoaster - 11-12-2015

Hi Bear. Short answer is No you cannot adjust this limitation.

I too mostly use FsP with vintage and classic aircraft and so one learns not to try a food service in a DC-2 or B-247 while crossing the Rockies for example. Your choices
are essentially limited to flying at non-historical heights or skipping food service entirely.

-C

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - KLM051 - 22-01-2016

Hello,

A good question by BEAR.

I love to fly VFR by small aircrafts. Up in the mountains on high altitude ( below 10.000 feets the KIAS is low. Sometimes is the flight duration that long that
people starts to complain that they are hungry. My MSA is between 1500 and 2500ft so too low for service.
Therefore it would be nice indeed, if we can change the service level now or in a next update.

regards Peter

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - Joeflyer - 22-01-2016

I don't know if Dan is going to implement anything like this but who knows? He may surprise us yet.

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - DanSteph - 23-01-2016

Well, I just included a new "Tune announcment logic" feature (see download) but it doesn't include
yet the service altitude.

This new dialog might be improved...

Post Edited ( 01-23-16 17:25 )

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - KLM051 - 23-01-2016

Thank you Dan for your reaction.

What i forgot is that i am using Prepar3Dv3, I see that there is an update for FSX. Will there be coming an update for Prepar3D3.X too ???

Many thanks in advantage

Peter

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - DanSteph - 23-01-2016

Quote:KLM051 wrote:
Thank you Dan for your reaction.

What i forgot is that i am using Prepar3Dv3, I see that there is an update for FSX. Will there be coming an update for Prepar3D3.X too ???

Many thanks in advantage

Peter

Yes, today Smile (tonight I mean but dated from today 23 January) It's in test.
You'll have the new "tune announcements logic" announced here:
http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=4533

but unfortunately for you, not the service altitude....
When a feature is simple to add no problem, but this altitude feature may cause problems with descent detection..

Post Edited ( 01-23-16 17:19 )

Re: Serving food/drinks below 6.000 ft. ? - KLM051 - 25-01-2016

OK Dan,

Fair enough, now we know that you working on it. we will sit back and relax and enjoying FSpassengers.
Here in the Netherlands we are saying "Koln and Aachen were not build on the same day"

Regards Peter