FsPassengers Forums
ONLY Problems !!! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: ONLY Problems !!! (/showthread.php?tid=16018)

Pages: 1 2

ONLY Problems !!! - BEAR - 21-10-2015

Fsp2004. Almost everything let FS9.1 hang. Only the lousy "Pacifica Airlines" is operating so-so ! In the menu's I only can activate 1 item @ the
time. eg in load aircraft, only passengers etc, NOT set destination, or st flight ID. If I do ... FS9 hang.
Infact MORE than 50% of all the available options are not working !!!
The MOST sad part is that I asked (I think his name is) DAN the designer of FsP 2 times to help, but still after 2 month he is .... busy !?
WHAT can I do ?!

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - Joeflyer - 21-10-2015

Well, you could have elected to write first on the forum to ask for help or search the support forum for the particular issue.
Also, you could provide us more information on how long you have used FsP for Fs9 or if this is your first installation of it.
What operating system are you using?
Just by seeing this at a glance, I would say something ran afoul with your installation.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - iflyfsx - 21-10-2015

Throw away your computer. You have more "problems" with one piece of software than everyone else combined.

Way too many unknowns/variables to even being to guess.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - gbapache - 22-10-2015

Sounds like a boat anchor to me also.

Post Edited ( 10-25-15 22:57 )

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - BEAR - 22-10-2015

Hi,

Thanks all for reply. I bought my copy of Fsp2004 last month (sept. 2015). I downloaded the Demo

version, install it, bought a license and activate it.
My OC = Windows 10. I use 2 PC-screens, so I work in FS9.1 in "docked window mode". I run MSFS,

FsP with "administrator rights".
I read the whole manual to prepare best. Installing FsP went OK. First of all, when I open MSFS,

FsP is not in the menubar listed, unless I activate "select Aircraft". A major problem is, when I

activate an item like "Load Aircraft - Set Destination", I can do that - no problem - then, I

continue PAX, it's not working, I can move the sliders but they go back to zero position. I only

can do "Load immediatly" and nothing will load ! If I first start with "Set Flight ID", the same

will happends, the eg ZFW is showing up but when I continue with eg PAX or "Set Sestination", the

same happends, no loading or hang. Only 1 item @ the time will work/load. Another problem appears

in menu-items when I type something wrong, the menu is moving grey and nothing happends, so I have

to re-start MSFS. Sometimes I think, is the DEMO-version different from a not-demo download ?! I

have a good knowledge of PC-work/programs for years now, so I study for more solutions. One of my

findings is a very instable program. What can I do best ?!

Guus.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - Leftcoaster - 22-10-2015

Ok, I run three versions of FS9, each with its own installation of FsP2004 and do so without stability or functional issues in any of them. However, this is in Win-7. That
said you're still not giving us much to work with...

Where is your FS9 installed? As an older program it will default into the Windows Program Files folder and in Win-7 and later versions of Windows, that is the worst
possible location for a program that needs to rewrite portions of itself as does Fs9 and FsP2004. Using the default location will probably cause endless grief with FS
and adding FsP to the problem practically guarantees that it becomes unsolvable.

Enable the compatibility mode for Win-XP and administrator privileges for both programs. Make certain your pathway to FS is in the main drive directory as in:

C:\Flight Simulator\...

Other users have reported issues with FS9 and Win-10, see over at the California Classics forum here:

http://calclassic.proboards.com/board/3/calclassic-discussion

Obviously stick with the demo (identical to the unlocked version except for the starting airport restriction as I recall) until the technical issues are sorted out Although
some people seem to have experienced no issues using Win-10 it is always possible that there is something in your specific situation or setup that is the root cause of
your problems. I have had FsP2004 since shortly after it released and if I have learned anything in the last decade, it's that the vast majority of problems are generated
by us, the users and not the program. This may be less accurate now thanks to compatibility with new operating systems but when a program as simple and stable as
FsP2004 gives such grief, the cause is likely related to something you're doing or the environment in which you're trying to run it.

Good Luck,

-C

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - SamTDS - 22-10-2015

Quote:BEAR wrote:
Hi,

Thanks all for reply. I bought my copy of Fsp2004 last month (sept. 2015). I downloaded the Demo

version, install it, bought a license and activate it.
My OC = Windows 10. I use 2 PC-screens, so I work in FS9.1 in "docked window mode". I run MSFS,

FsP with "administrator rights".
I read the whole manual to prepare best. Installing FsP went OK. First of all, when I open MSFS,

FsP is not in the menubar listed, unless I activate "select Aircraft". A major problem is, when I

activate an item like "Load Aircraft - Set Destination", I can do that - no problem - then, I

continue PAX, it's not working, I can move the sliders but they go back to zero position. I only

can do "Load immediatly" and nothing will load ! If I first start with "Set Flight ID", the same

will happends, the eg ZFW is showing up but when I continue with eg PAX or "Set Sestination", the

same happends, no loading or hang. Only 1 item @ the time will work/load. Another problem appears

in menu-items when I type something wrong, the menu is moving grey and nothing happends, so I have

to re-start MSFS. Sometimes I think, is the DEMO-version different from a not-demo download ?! I

have a good knowledge of PC-work/programs for years now, so I study for more solutions. One of my

findings is a very instable program. What can I do best ?!

Guus.
There is only 1 version, the demo version which when you unlock with your code unlocks all the other airports. We need to see your system specs so we can
tell if it is a hardware issue and the demo version is designed to be ran BEFORE you purchased fsp so that you can see if it will work on your system. You can't
really expect Dan to change his focus from the more modern FSX and P3D to the older FS9 just because 1 person is having problems with it.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - BEAR - 22-10-2015

Quote:but when a program as simple and stable as
FsP2004 gives such grief, the cause is likely related to something you're doing or the environment
Maybe you'r right Leftcoaster Wonder
I don't get your statement about the location of FS9 ?! One hand you say it's a bad idea to install it in the default, other hand you say, make sure
it's in the default ?! I install FS9 f:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT GAMES\Flight Simulator 9\*.*
I will check things on my PC. For now I leave FsP as it is (50% functioning) because it make me ...
Especially the "cheering up" reply from the other guy/girl makes it "really nice"to continue with the leftover 50%

Thanks Guus.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - Leftcoaster - 23-10-2015

I wrote that installing into the default location in Win-7 or later is probably a bad idea and if you did install FS9 into the Program Files folder, that's likely the root cause of
your FS issues.

Quote:! One hand you say it's a bad idea to install it in the default, other hand you say, make sure it's in the default ?

Where did I say to use the default? I specifically wrote NOT to use the default location but to custom install FS9 into the main folder of one of your letter drives (as in
E:\.FS9 or whatever). Recommend uninstalling FS9 completely from the ...\ Program Files folder, doing a registry clean and then installing FS9 again as above, patching
to FS9.1 and installing the No CD patch before installing the FsP demo. You should get better results and once you're happy with FS, install FsP2004 into your new FS9
folder, making certain that the FSPassengers.dll file lives in the Modules folder of Flight Simulator.

Also make sure that you run the executable in Win-XP compatibility mode and do the same with the FsP2004 installation executable.

Good Luck.

-C

Post Edited ( 10-23-15 06:54 )

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - BEAR - 23-10-2015

Quote:Make certain your pathway to FS is in the main drive directory as in: C:\Flight Simulator\...

I run the program FS9.1 & FsP2004 in compatibility XP mode and as administrator.
Now I get you ! (I am Dutch-speaking/writingWink You telling me NOT to use ....\programfiles\.... OK. Maybe later new install. I have over 200 add-on
scenery items in my library and
don't want them manually re-install again now. Thank for helping, Leftcoaster.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - SamTDS - 24-10-2015

Quote:Make certain your pathway to FS is in the main drive directory as in: C:\Flight Simulator\...

I run the program FS9.1 & FsP2004 in compatibility XP mode and as administrator.
Now I get you ! (I am Dutch-speaking/writingWink You telling me NOT to use ....\programfiles\.... OK. Maybe later new install. I have over 200 add-on
scenery items in my library and
don't want them manually re-install again now. Thank for helping, Leftcoaster.
XD. After all these troubles we have found the problem source. Good luck with it all

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - BEAR - 25-10-2015

I don't think so ! Sorry. Leaving ...\programfiles\... after 15 years of flight simming in ...\programfiles\.... ???

Regards Guus.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - SamTDS - 25-10-2015

I don't think so ! Sorry. Leaving ...\programfiles\... after 15 years of flight simming in ...\programfiles\.... ???

Regards Guus.
It's the operating system that cause you to do this, if it was windows xp and on an administrator account then you wouldn't have a problem.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - Charlier - 27-10-2015

Quote:SamTDS wrote:
It's the operating system that cause you to do this, if it was windows xp and on an administrator account then you wouldn't have a problem.

I agree with this.
If you use any operating system later then XP you shouldn't put the installation path in program files or similar.

I use FS9 and FsP for quite some time now and never had any problems with it, and I run all of this on W7.
I simply used the path C:\FS2004 and that's it. I can add this way what I want without having issues.

Example: I use A really low end system with an low end graphics card, and I run everything on it at the same time REX, AS weather engine,
Radar contact, FsP, Scenery's on high and PMDG or CLS airplanes. That's the beauty behind FS9 it just works all the time.

Good luck I'll hope it works out for you.

Re: ONLY Problems !!! - Helder - 04-02-2016

THE SAME PROBLEM HERE i run fs2004 & fsx in the same pc but on fs2004 the same problem i cant load aircraft or when i put dest the load bars donst work now i run
on windos 10 t and the problem its only witch fs9 and absolutely fspassengers but that problem exist even when i run windows 8 or 8.1 but not always

i still building fsx and fur sure i want to keep fs9 because i expend money and time to get the level i have today, and i pay for fs passengers so... if any one can helpme
please.... my game path is : C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games since windows 8 always work well

Post Edited ( 02-04-16 21:51 )