FsPassengers Forums
Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? (/showthread.php?tid=16013)

Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - Ady_91 - 12-05-2015

Hi Guys,
Have used FsPassengers 2004 for years with my highly spec'd FS9 on vista and would never fly without it!
Unfortunately, my old computer (XPS) died and so was forced to upgrade to an Alienware with Windows 8.
FS9 works brilliant, all my freeware & payware airports & aircraft, superb.

However, FsPassengers doesn't and it kills me. It's the only add-on that won't work on my new system.
Everything is fine until I go to start a new flight. The payload section where we load the aircraft shows, but there are no bars to adjust settings and I cannot load the passengers.
I try to exit the window and it won't close so I am forced to shut down FS9.
I have researched everywhere on this forum for a solution. Re-installed the program, played around with all compatibility settings (set Windows XP service pack 3)
and even re-purchased it on simmarket in the hope that perhaps my old key wasn't registering. (I transferred all my old FS9 files on an external)

I have read various comments in the forum stating that there is no update available, that it is old and made for XP.
Whilst I agree that FS9 is old, upgrading to FSX isn't an option for me. I've spent much time and money over many years making FS9 perfect, better than default FSX.
And if every other add-on I have works perfectly, a solution to fix FsPassengers would be much appreciated.

Is there anyone running FS9 & FsPassengers 2004 successfully on Windows 8?
If so, could you please advise how you achieved this and what your specs are? Everything from display settings, edits to .cfg, etc would be of great help.

Alternatively, could the FsPassengers creators provide a fix/patch for those of us who still want to fly with FS9 on a new OS?
I'd even be willing to pay for this upgrade as it would save me the hassle of having to upgrade FSX

Right now I'm forced to fly without FsPax and it's not the same!

Please help! Thanks Smile

Re: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - gbapache - 13-05-2015

I've been running Win 8.1 for about six months now with no problems at all. Everything installed the same way as the old trusty XP.
The only thing I would suggest is maybe upgrading from 8 to 8.1. From what I've read vanilla 8 was designed for I-phones and tablet users. 8.1 was
all the tweaks to make it work on a desk or laptop. And don't forget to run as administrator.
Beer

Re: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - Ady_91 - 18-05-2015

I have 8.1 and always run as administrator- got used to that during my time with vista.

Re: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - flameout - 15-06-2015

Hi,

I have windows 8.1 64bit, I run fspax on fs2004. I have also spent a small fortune on payware and scenery and I prefer it's look and feel better than FSX.

There are no problems with fspax on my rig:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G30AB

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 [Display adapter]

3.50 gigahertz Intel Core i7-4770K

DX 11

I cannot run reality xp guages because of the 64bit platform so eaglesoft citation stays in the hangar for now but that is the only thing, fscenex also crashes but not in fsx. Those two issues.

If I had the problem with the payload image I would go to the root file, on my system it's, D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FsPassengers\payload_model without the sim running and run the payload exe. I would load an aircraft ini of one of my planes and see if there is anything missing.

If nothing is missing I would start the sim then run that same aircraft to see if the load file comes up ok. If not I would try to make a new one manually and see what happens.

I also took ownership of the fs9 updated executive file by right clicking it and going to properties-security then claiming ownership to my user name under find in the advanced tab.

I made sure to install the sim where the 3 terrabyte storage is under D in my system not the ssd c area where windows is.

There are probably many things you can do but that is how I would begin.

regards

Flameout

Re: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - Rafael_FSX - 06-07-2015

I have the same problem, but i´m on FSX.

Re: Anyone running FsPassengers 2004 on Windows 8.1? - Joeflyer - 07-07-2015

Quote:Rafael_FSX wrote:
I have the same problem, but i´m on FSX.

Your problem has been solved....