FsPassengers Forums
Thank you for making this program - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Thank you for making this program (/showthread.php?tid=16)

Thank you for making this program - itael - 15-03-2005

Hi Dan, and everyone involved ..

I have been waiting for this sort of an update for ages , since I first started to use Flight Simulator ...
The lack of "doing something" in Flight sim always bothered me , but now you make a dream come true with this fantastic add on ..
I can't wait for it to be released ...
I have been watching the progress since it was announced and also monitor these forums ..... and naturally I have a few questions ...

1) How do you start , or to be more precise "what you start with?" a single plane ? is it a jet or a turboprop ? starting money?
2) Will I be able to use "real" airline names , or the company name must be fictional ?
3) Can you set ticket prices ? will the be a market competition?

Thanks in advance, and I'm sorry if some of these questions have been asked before ..

Good luck !!

Itai

Re: Thank you for making this program - djsebx - 15-03-2005

Hello Itai,

You are right, it will be a great addition for FS Smile

1 & 2 are mixed :

You start creating your company (free to choose the name, free to insert a custom logo).
Then you create your pilot identity (free to choose your name, date of birth, insert a photo).
And you can create several ones so you change of life if you want to have several ones and don't want to mix them up !
Because you write the names, you don't choose them from a box selection, you are free Smile

3. left to DanSteph to reply to you Smile

Re: Thank you for making this program - DanSteph - 15-03-2005

Quote:itael wrote:
1) How do you start , or to be more precise "what you start with?" a single plane ? is it a jet or a turboprop ? starting money?

Hello Itael,

If you choose a company in economical mode you have four choice of cash to start with,
hugh amount, midle defaut and small.
With a "defaut" amount of cash you can just buy something like a 737 727 etc etc (or more smaller plane of course)
with the small amount of cash you can only buy some litle plane.

2) Will I be able to use "real" airline names , or the company name must be fictional ?

No problem doing this, you can even choose in a list the real IATA sign for the flight number
or give a fictionnal or let FsP handle random flight number.

3) Can you set ticket prices ? will the be a market competition?

in economicall mode yes you will be able to do that. You set the price for each class (VIP 1ST BUSINESS ECO)
for 1000km.

Now the passengers will choose your flight in fonction of the price, reputation and how many flight your company
started form one airport. (IE: the max number of passengers you will be able to take aboard)

example (with fake number just to make it clear)
:
1-bad reputation+expensive ticket, 1st flight from this airport = max 20% of passengers
2-bad reputation+expensive ticket, 5st flight from this airport = max 35% of passengers
3-good reputation+expensive ticket,1st flight from this airport = max 50% of passengers
4-good reputation+expensive ticket,5st flight from this airport = max 65% of passengers
5-good reputation+low cost ticket,5st flight from this airport = max 90% of passengers

etc etc...

So you can even run in a bankruptcy if you do not well Wink

This said for those that don't want to bother with economic you can create a company with no economical
mode, you don't need then to bother buying plane, setting ticket price and you can fill your plane at 100%
every time.

hope it answer ?

Dan

Post Edited ( 03-15-05 13:46 )

Re: Thank you for making this program - itael - 15-03-2005

Thanks so much for the quick answers I really appreciate it ...

It's wonderful to see all the options, this add-on has so much in it , it's amazing Worship

Dan, in regards to the economy mode, how exactly do you build a reputaion ? is it how your own pilot performs ? or maybe other pilots in
your company can make it better or worse ?

Thanks again.

Itai

Re: Thank you for making this program - DanSteph - 15-03-2005

Dan, in regards to the economy mode, how exactly do you build a reputaion ? is it how your own pilot performs ? or maybe other pilots in
your company can make it better or worse ?

It depend of each flight result (perfect, bad, horrible etc. etc.) so if one pilot of your company do bad things
all your company will suffer of that.

This said its an average so the most flight you have in this company , the less impact one flight have on
the company's reputation.

Dan
"working working"

Post Edited ( 03-15-05 15:30 )