FsPassengers Forums
Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages (/showthread.php?tid=15982)

Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - sickie103 - 17-07-2011

I have had both the Boeing and Airbus packages for quite some time now but what i found out is that some of the planes cant go as far as they actually
can in real life, there for i cannot fly some routes that i would like to with a certain airplane. For example, the A380 couldn't make it even 5000nm,
but in real life it can go a lot farther than that. Ive tried messing with the fuel in the cfg on my old computer and had most of the planes
realistic, then that computer crashed and i lost all the modifications i had made to the cfgs and do not want to take the time to mess with them
again. My question is, is there a website or a place i could look where i could get modifications to make the airplanes fly farther?

Thanks

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - whiskey-zulu - 18-07-2011

I have never encountered a website that has modified .cfg files in that manner. The best thing for you to do is check, and double check the fuel
comsumption rate
and adjust that - there are threads regarding the FSX default 783 about modifying the .cfg so that it flies the correct distance.

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - drgullen - 18-07-2011

sickie,

I've noticed the same thing as well (with most of the aircraft) and the one and only property that I change is the fuel_flow value in the
GeneralEngineData section of the aircraft.cfg file. For my A380, I have it set at 0.79 and, as long as I cruise near the service ceiling (at or above
40,000 feet) with the AP SPD set to M 0.85, I've traveled 5000nm easily. Are you cruising faster than M0.85? That might be why. Also, what model
are you using? In real life, the 800F is designed for a range of only 5.600nm at design load.

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - marianoberna - 20-07-2011

Have you tried flyin' higher and a tad slower???

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - gbapache - 21-07-2011

Mariano, That's quite the busy signature you have there fella'.

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - marianoberna - 21-07-2011

Quote:gbapache wrote:

Want one for you? I'll make it for a beer or 2

Just gimme a general idea of what you want and I'll send you te code to post in your signature.

BTW aren't we getting off topic?? i'm a little confused about the rules hehehe

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - Joeflyer - 21-07-2011

Quote:marianoberna wrote:

I can provide a refresher course if you need one Doubt

Re: Question about Simmer's Sky airplane packages - marianoberna - 21-07-2011

Quote:Joeflyer wrote:
Quote:marianoberna wrote:

I can provide a refresher course if you need one Doubt

Nah! I'll use common sense... [sarcasm]What's the worst thing it has happened for not reading rules??[/sarcasm]