FsPassengers Forums
Auto Brakes - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Auto Brakes (/showthread.php?tid=15976)

Auto Brakes - drgullen - 24-04-2011

I have some planes where the auto brakes work and others that don't, even though I have an auto brakes gauge on my panel and I have auto_brakes=4
listed in the [brakes] section of my aircraft.cfg file.

I don't think it's the way I'm landing. For example, I land more or less the same way with my Enerjet 737 as I do with my One World JAL 767. The
only difference is that I land the 767 with about 20 kts. more speed to avoid a stall (as per the full_flaps_stall_speed in the cfg file). Both have
panels with auto brakes capability. The Enerjet 737 was actually a plane I got by converting it from the World of AI packages, adding my own panel
and sound. Its auto brakes work fine every time. The 767 I downloaded as a complete package, including its own panel. Its auto brakes never work,
despite setting the gauge prior to landing for them to be enabled.

I've looked through the aircraft.cfg files and the .air files for these planes, but I haven't figured out what is wrong.

Does this ring any bells with anyone? What thing or combination of things must be configured to enable auto brakes?

Thanks in advance for any help with this! Beer

Re: Auto Brakes - whiskey-zulu - 24-04-2011

It's a similar thing to some of the POSKY models regarding autobrakes - the ones on my 777s have never worked even thought there is an autobrake line
in the .cfg, but I live with it and use manual braking instead.

Re: Auto Brakes - timtomairways - 24-04-2011

i have discoverd this with several POSKY aircraft. never been abel to figure it out.

ill check the FSX SDK real quick

quick theory

this is the FSX default CFG brakes entry

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 0.885 //Brake scalar
auto_brakes = 4
hydraulic_system_scalar = 1 //On brakes dependant on the hydraulic system, ratio hyd system to max brake hyd pressure

this is POSKY's

[brakes]
parking_brake = 1 //Parking brake available
toe_brakes_scale = 0.43 //Brake scalar
auto_brakes=4

POSKY does not have a Hydraulic system scalar entry. i belive the B738 does use a hydraulic brakes. maby adding this entry will caues
the brakes to work,

ill add this entry to my POSKY 737-700 since im scedualed on a VA flight from DAB-ATl soon. i will let yall know if it works.

it dosent work. i dont know what decides if a aircraft has autobrakes or not.

Re: Auto Brakes - drgullen - 25-04-2011

Thanks for trying anyway, Tim.

In the end, it's probably nothing to do with the aircraft.cfg file, but maybe the .air file or perhaps just the model itself. Who knows! I'll just
keep doing what I've been doing...full flaps, using the speed brake, using reverse thrust if available, continuously hitting the brakes button and
saying a quick prayer in the process! Smile

Re: Auto Brakes - timtomairways - 25-04-2011

it might behove you to try going to someone who specializes in makeing aircraft