FsPassengers Forums
Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions (/showthread.php?tid=15968)

Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - Shaun Patterson - 11-01-2011

Hi all, I made a stunning new livery (well, at least I think it is), and decided to name the airline Aura Airways, purely because of the logo and
just popped up in my head.
Here's an image of the livery on the PMDG 737-800 w/winglets;

[Image: if79ef.jpg]

Anyway, to business, Aura Airways is a low-cost charter airline, based at Newcastle NCL/EGNT, serving the northeast of England with flights
to Holiday destinations.

The problem; at the moment, the only hub is Newcastle, and not really sure on destinations, so just wondering if some people could give me;
1. A secondary hub in the UK
2. Possibly a few holiday destinations, possible your favourite? (note only 737 at the moment)
got some ideas for destinations; Reina Sofia (Tenerife-Sur), Dalaman, Alicante, possibly a Balearic Island

Post Edited ( 01-12-11 11:38 )

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - drgullen - 12-01-2011

Hey Shaun,

Very slick looking livery there! Well done! Me likey!! Smile

For a secondary hub, maybe Birmingham (EGBB)? Flightsim.com has a nice scenery update for that airport. As for a holiday destination, I've recently
been to Aqaba which is in Jordan. It's a resort town and has a small airport (OJAQ) but it is capable of handling a 737.

Are you planning to release this livery and are you by chance building a traffic file for it?

Cheers!

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - whiskey-zulu - 12-01-2011

Destination: HECA (Cairo) would be inside some 737's range, as well as many places in North Africa. Some east-coast US cities maybe, and Iceland,
Norway, Finland perhaps?

Second Hub: Gatwick, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Stanstead, Leeds Met, Newquay, Cardiff would all be possibilities.

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - Shaun Patterson - 12-01-2011

Quote:drgullen wrote:
Hey Shaun,

Very slick looking livery there! Well done! Me likey!! Smile

For a secondary hub, maybe Birmingham (EGBB)? Flightsim.com has a nice scenery update for that airport. As for a holiday destination,
I've recently
been to Aqaba which is in Jordan. It's a resort town and has a small airport (OJAQ) but it is capable of handling a 737.

Are you planning to release this livery and are you by chance building a traffic file for it?

Cheers!

Thanks for the thumbs up on the livery!

Birmingham is a good choice, but I have UK2000 parts 1-8 and photographic scenery, therefore I have all sceneries for England+Wales. Also most of the british charters fly here. I was looking at somewhere less serviced with charters. Birmingham is near Coventry I think,
so that would be good.

I'll look into Aqaba, as I have never heard of it, obviously not flown by any charters from UK. I'm good with AFCADs too.

I could release a traffic file, but not right now because an expanding VA would require many updates; new destinations, hubs, new aircraft.

Post Edited ( 01-12-11 11:41 )

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - Shaun Patterson - 12-01-2011

Quote:whiskey-zulu wrote:
Destination: HECA (Cairo) would be inside some 737's range, as well as many places in North Africa. Some east-coast US cities maybe,
and Iceland,
Norway, Finland perhaps?

Second Hub: Gatwick, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton, Stanstead, Leeds Met, Newquay, Cardiff would all be possibilities.

Cairo seems a nice place, not exactly a resort but good attractions. In North Africa, I was also thinking of Alexandria, Tunis and
Casablanca.

For winter charters, Finland would be good, especially if there's a big enough airport in Lapland. In real life, a lot of families would travel
there.
Iceland is an amazing place, I've always wanted to go; the volcanoes, springs, geysers (did I spell that right?) so Iceland is definitely on
the list for winters.

Update: thinking of adding freeware aircraft for those wanting to join if i get the VA up.
-Premier Aircraft Design Saab340
-Posky 737-800 (alternative to PMDG 737-800, which I use.)

Might add some Payware+freeware of same aircraft type;
-POSKY 757-200 (RB211), Captainsim or Qualitywings.

Post aircraft suggestions too! (Make sure they have a Paintkit and a VC, as the VC is becoming increasingly popular.)

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - whiskey-zulu - 12-01-2011

When the first 777 made her appearance in Flight sim a few years ago, I wasn't impressed by it, but over time I've grown to
love the 777 (especially
the 200 series) and it's now pretty much all I fly in flight sim, and thebeauty is that they can be put on nearly any route
- they were designed for
short field, high altitude operations and I've flown (in real life) out of Denver on them to San Francisco and LAX.

POSKY's version is very good, in my opionion - there are few screenies of the UAL current livery somewhere on here (hopefully
at least they're still here).

Nope, sadly the images of the PoSKY 777 are gone for now; I'll try and re-dig some out of my cluttered HD and post.

Quote:whiskey-zulu wrote:
When the first 777 made her appearance in Flight sim a few years ago, I wasn't impressed by it, but over time I've grown to love the 777
(especially
the 200 series) and it's now pretty much all I fly in flight sim, and thebeauty is that they can be put on nearly any route - they were
designed for
short field, high altitude operations and I've flown (in real life) out of Denver on them to San Francisco and LAX.

POSKY's version is very good, in my opionion - there are few screenies of the UAL current livery somewhere on here (hopefully at least
they're still here)

Yes I do like the 777 alot, and would serve well on longer routes, possible Cancun/Mexico, or Antiqua. There's currently no british airlines
flying to St. Maarten, so that could be an option.
Back to the 777, really nice, great VC, good paintkit, must put on wish-list :D

Re: Thinking of making VA, need some people to answer questions - micdobro - 12-01-2011

pt. 2 - Destinations: I am recently flying a lot to Canaries: Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (GCLP - free scenery! -
http://www.sim-giants.com/products.asp?mc=3).You have of course more there to see: Fuerteventura+Lanzarotte and Tenerife, which I think is more
popular in UK (I think mostly because it's more party oriented - Scandinavians tend to hit Gran Canaria/Fuerteventura mostly Wink.

What I did now is a cool A-B-C-D flight back home: GCLP - LPMA (Madeira) - LPPT (Lisboa) - EKCH (Kastrup CPH). It might look like a strange business
option - but hey - it's me fying using virtual $! Smile

As for Scandinavian holiday destinations I can recommend:
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- Tromsoe (Norway)
- Bergen (Norway)
- Trondheim (Norway)
- Copenhagen (Denmark)

You could also add Bourgas on the menu (Bulgaria). As I noticed there is also a huge interest in Ukraine/Crimea region. Have fun! Wink

Quote:micdobro wrote:

As for Scandinavian holiday destinations I can recommend:
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- Tromsoe (Norway)
- Bergen (Norway)
- Trondheim (Norway)
- Copenhagen (Denmark)

You could also add Bourgas on the menu (Bulgaria). As I noticed there is also a huge interest in Ukraine/Crimea region. Have fun! Wink

Tenerife-South is already on the list, but other Canaries can be added.

Bergen, in real life experience, is flown daily from Newcastle with Wideroe, and is usually full of passengers. I've heard alot of things about
the Norwegian fjords so yes, some of those places can be added.